MK vs DC Online Annoyances

#1 and 2, and the Raiden spammers, are the reason that I no longer play MK vs DC online.
Thankfully though, MK 9 is looking to solve that propblem.

My ONLY suggestion or advice for NetherRealm in MK 9, would be to add a LOSS for those that Rage-quit.
Meaning the ones that turn off their system right before the end of a match, or hit "Quit" before the match ends.

#1 and 2, and the Raiden spammers, are the reason that I no longer play MK vs DC online.
Thankfully though, MK 9 is looking to solve that propblem.

My ONLY suggestion or advice for NetherRealm in MK 9, would be to add a LOSS for those that Rage-quit.
Meaning the ones that turn off their system right before the end of a match, or hit "Quit" before the match ends.
So you're willing to pay for a $60 patch? Don't worry, I am too. Haha

With the rage-quit problem, I think Boon and friends are making the spectator system where they can reward good players. I don't think people would RQ in front of a huge crowd.

I haven't played MK:DCU in ages, not because of the problems it had. So many people refuse to play this game simply because it features the DC Universe. If you look beyond that, it (IMO) is one of the best MK games we've had, a step in the right direction. This game is perhaps the reason MK9 is where it's at right now.

Jinko is right Mk vs. DCU was one of the best MK games. it was something different. I also think that they but Mk vs. DCU out to prepare us for MK9 and it worked!

So you're willing to pay for a $60 patch? Don't worry, I am too. Haha

With the rage-quit problem, I think Boon and friends are making the spectator system where they can reward good players. I don't think people would RQ in front of a huge crowd.

I haven't played MK:DCU in ages, not because of the problems it had. So many people refuse to play this game simply because it features the DC Universe. If you look beyond that, it (IMO) is one of the best MK games we've had, a step in the right direction. This game is perhaps the reason MK9 is where it's at right now.

I wish they would address the rage-quit problem in MKvsDCU, as well as the Quan Chi and Harley Quinn DLC, but I don't see that happening any time soon. LOL :)
I also thought that MK vs DC was a really good game.
The DC characters didn't make or break the game for me, except online.
Sure, I would have wanted the MK violence and MK 9 roster instead of MK vs DC.
That being said, MKvsDC was still WAAAAAY better than MK: Armageddon, and Armageddon had EVERY single character.

Armageddon is the ONLY MK title, to this day, that I no longer play.

I still play:
- MK 1 (On my Sega Genesis)
- MK II (On my Sega Genesis)
- UMK 3 (On my Sega Genesis)
- MK 4 (On my PS3)
- MK: Deception (On my PS2)
- MK: Deadly Alliance (On my PS2)
- MK vs DC (On my PS3)

I bought my PS 3 system 2 months ago, so I am a recent user of MK vs DC. I am still trying to perfect the basics and didn't try the online rumble yet. Is it as bad as threadwood says ?! 8|

I bought my PS 3 system 2 months ago, so I am a recent user of MK vs DC. I am still trying to perfect the basics and didn't try the online rumble yet. Is it as bad as threadwood says ?! 8|

Etryus,
I personally can't vouch for the online aspect of MKvsDC, as it got aggravating for me to play online due to spammers.
Usually when you find spammers, they like to use Superman, The Flash and sometimes Raiden.

The Story Mode and Arcade Mode, for me, are lots of fun and are what keep me playing MKvsDC .

Etryus,
I personally can't vouch for the online aspect of MKvsDC, as it got aggravating for me to play online due to spammers.
Usually when you find spammers, they like to use Superman, The Flash and sometimes Raiden.

The Story Mode and Arcade Mode, for me, are lots of fun and are what keep me playing MKvsDC .

Too bad, the game has potential ... I read few threads on this forum after I read this one and there seems to be a balance problem between characters (some are also talking about Scorpion, besides the characters listed by Araknyd03). Oh well I'll give it a try, if I get annoyed by spammers (and feel the urge to integrate my PS3 controller into my TV) I'll switch to exclusively arcade & story mode; modes I really enjoyed.

I own MvC2, but I never played online. I fear that I too would begin rage-quitting. I'm horrible at that game Hahaha.

Well you can have a lobby of 6 and they quit alllll day.

It's actually tough to get a win online sometimes. When I'm raping someone's whole team with Magneto, they usually quit right before their last character dies...then send me some message saying I'm a cheater, a loser, and they will kill me. LOL

personally I liked mk vs dc. it was the first time we had seen realistic character models in 10 years. on line was retarded flash scorpion superman and even jax and captain marvel made you want to not even bother. but I liked the story mode. my favorite part was when supes happens upon scorpion and scorpion foot blasts him. supe is like "magic?". "sorcery" scorpion replied. it was at that very moment all of my questions about ice shooting ninjas and reappearing blade hats were answered. it was sorcery!!! the only thing I don't really like about it is the fact that they used that raggedy mk annihilation story line for raiden and shao khan.plus dc has way better characters than marvel as far as i'm concerned. marvel characters are to cliche. It was entertaining and I played it until my ps3 crapped out on me last year. I think it was a good addition to the mk legacy. way better than mk4, mk sf, mk a. I would say mk deception but that was my favorite of the last gen games .

OMG!!!! I hate going online. First of all, the freaking lagging is making me often lose. Second of all, too many of my opponents cheat, ESPECIALLY WITH THE FLASH!!! :soapbox: