• Goro - Kintaro - Motaro - Shang Tsung - Shao Kahn

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Kintaro - Motaro - Shang Tsung - Shao Kahn

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Goro - Kintaro - Motaro - Shang Tsung - Quan Chi - Shao Kahn

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Etryus

Choose the combination you would like to see in MK 9 and comment.

For me it would be:

Goro - Kintaro - Shang Tsung - Shao Kahn

Although I do like the centaurs, they are at war with the shokans and Shao Kahn should not have as bodyguards the shokan + centaurs. My preference goes for the Shokans.

Last edited:
Choose the combination you would like to see in MK 9 and comment.

For me it would be:

Goro - Kintaro - Shang Tsung - Shao Kahn

Although I do like the centaurs, they are at war with the shokans and Shao Kahn should not have as bodyguards the shokan + centaurs. My preference goes for the Shokans.

I agree about them being at war n' what not , but my vote goes for Shang, Shao, Kintaro , goro, and motaro. I wanna see what Motaro looks like with this sort of engine. That, and I bet he'd still be one hell of a boss.

There only should be one sub-boss, not a whole arcade ladder of them. Although this may be copying from SF4, Rivals anyone?

But then Raiden will be fighting Shao Kahn twice. Hahaha.

Honestly, having a whole chain of sub-bosses would be stupid, although i do agree with the rival idea, i found that so cool in SF4, with the whole cinematic before the fight starts. Please DO NOT include motaro in this game, as he does not fit in with the series IMO. For me, the end of the ladder should look like this - Rival, Goro, Shang Tsung and then Shao Kahn. I wouldnt mind if it was Rival, Goro, Kintaro, Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn either.

Honestly, having a whole chain of sub-bosses would be stupid, although i do agree with the rival idea, i found that so cool in SF4, with the whole cinematic before the fight starts. Please DO NOT include motaro in this game, as he does not fit in with the series IMO. For me, the end of the ladder should look like this - Rival, Goro, Shang Tsung and then Shao Kahn. I wouldnt mind if it was Rival, Goro, Kintaro, Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn either.

Honestly I prefer Kintaro way more then Goro. The look, strength, power etc...

Why not have each ladder have a different combination?

Perhaps the first ladder has a MK1 feel to it with a Goro-Shang Tsung combo.

The 2nd ladder is the MKII ladder with a Shang Tsung-Kintaro-Shao Kahn combo.

The 3rd ladder... well, you guessed it, has an MK3 combo of Motaro-Shao Kahn.

The 4th ladder should be the ultimate, most difficult ladder starting with Shang Tsung, then Motaro, then a Goro-Kintaro "endurance" type match and ending with Shao Kahn (or something along those lines).

If some theories are correct and there will be a young and old version of Shang Tsung (even if it's just an alt costume), I'd say the MK1 ladder should have the older Shang, then the MKII ladder should have the younger one. Perhaps the 4th ladder would have a match that, when you face Shang Tsung, he starts out young and then becomes older once you defeat him, but then is more powerful in the older form (again, another "endurance" type match).

Just an idea, I'm sure the MK team will go with a more traditional feel, but I think that's a good way to make each ladder unique, increasingly more difficult and, of course, include all the bosses/sub-bosses from the first 3 games. And if you want to throw Quan Chi in there somewhere? Well, that 4th ladder would be sick.

You have good ideas, but a Goro - Kintaro endurance type match would be too much. Those guys hurt like hell.

I voted Goro, Kintaro, Shang, Shao, I wouldn't mind Mintaro if he looks good, ie not fantasy + sci fi, if he was done right. Kin and Min could be left to the harder ladders with just Goro Shang and Shao or even just Goro and Shao for the easiest.

I voted Goro, Kintaro, Shang, Shao, I wouldn't mind Mintaro if he looks good, ie not fantasy + sci fi, if he was done right. Kin and Min could be left to the harder ladders with just Goro Shang and Shao or even just Goro and Shao for the easiest.

When you say "Mintaro," are you referring to Motaro or using the name "Mintaro" to refer to Motaro's Armageddon look (i.e. 2 legged Minotaur)?

Yes, Kintaro also need to find his old MK II skin back. In Armageddon he was ok, but I didn't like his feet, I prefer the 2 toe foot from Mk II

I think they should have you fight Shang Tsung, then Goro and Kintaro in a one-round Endurance and then Shao Khan.

Please DO NOT include motaro in this game, as he does not fit in with the series IMO.

If Motaro doesn't fit in the series then neither does Sektor, Cyrax, Nightwolf, or any other characters from MK3. That game stands out from the rest of the series because it juxtaposed modern/scifi and fantasy elements.
Personally I'd really love to see a new rendition of Motaro that takes advantage of the new MK9 tech B-)

I'd like to see a classic sequence with Goro, Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn. Before facing them, you could have a Rival Match like in SF4, why not?

I'd like to see the Sub-Boss / Boss combinations for "Tag Team" mode or 2 on 2, but not in single player mode.

1 Boss at a time, during arcade mode, is enough.
I couldn't imagine getting a severe ass whoopin' by Kintaro and Goro in Single Player Arcade mode.

Goro - Shang Tsung - Shao Kahn

Good old school MK bosses. Never was a huge fan of Kintaro.