FDMK Exclusive: Mortal Kombat's Release Date

http://www.fdmk.net/?news=3640

FDMK has just received word from a source with access to Warner Home Video's publicity site (whvdirect.com) that the official release date for Mortal Kombat (2011) will be April 19th, 2011. Also included in the listing was a small synopsis and packaging details. I was told "Media Quantity" means the number of discs.

Below is the Xbox 360 listing. I was also told that the PS3 listing had the same release date.

Synopsis: The newest chapter of the iconic fight franchise marks a triumphant return to the series’ mature presentation and a reinvention of its classic 2D fighting mechanic. Driven by an all new graphics engine, the fan favorite Fatality is back and presented in more gory detail than ever before. In addition, Mortal Kombat introduces a number of new game-play features including tag team and the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or take on several new game modes.

Release Status: New Release
Cat#: 1000170044
UPC: 883929158324
Announce Date: 6/10/10
Order Date: 4/5/11
Ship Date: 4/19/11
Official Pre-Sell Date: 6/10/10

Special Version: Standard Edition
Product Type: Sell Through
Media Quantity: 1
Disc Configuration: DVD 9
Packaging Type: XBOX 360 Amaray
Product Language: English

Units per Carton: 30
Product Dimensions (D x W x H): 5.6 x 5.31 x 7.5 IN

April 19th is little bit further away than expected, but at least we now know the official release date. So, mark the week of the 19th on your calendars folks as the week you need to fake sick, take off of work, etc. MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!!

yadda yadda yadda

wouldnt believe anything Fuzz says anyways, but its Late October and the date could change anyways. They need to take their time and release it when its ready, not trying to hurry and get it ready by a certain date.

@ ShopTo, the release date is programmed for 11/02/2011

LINK

PS: anyone knows why there is Shinnok on the cover?!

That's obviously a fake, though it does look cool. The game is officially called "Mortal Kombat". Not Mortal Kombat 9, Mortal Kombat IX or Mortal Kombat 2011.

@ ShopTo, the release date is programmed for 11/02/2011

LINK

PS: anyone knows why there is Shinnok on the cover?!

It's fake.

That Photoshopped fake with Shinnok on the cover, has been floating around the internet WAY before we even knew that there was going to BE an Mk 9.

For all the non-believers, here's some proof:

release_proof.jpg

I think it's not about not believing you, it's about not believing that this date is final. It's just some date to publish there instead of "spring 2011".
To early to be finalized.

I think it's not about not believing you, it's about not believing that this date is final. It's just some date to publish there instead of "spring 2011".
Dude, do you realize how far in advance software companies plan their project schedules? I'm a system analyst, and we're currently working with a software vendor for a new permitting and code enforcement system. We have things scheduled right down to the man-hour well into 2011. Sure it's only October, and things can change, but I have no doubts this is their target release date. Other entities use the information on that website. WB's not just gonna throw some bogus dates on there.

it's not about not believing you, it's about not believing that this date is final. It's just some date to publish there instead of "spring 2011".

Agreed.
It's too early to say whether or not this will be out on that EXACT date.

Dude, do you realize how far in advance software companies plan their project schedules? I'm a system analyst, and we're currently working with a software vendor for a new permitting and code enforcement system. We have things scheduled right down to the man-hour well into 2011. Sure it's only October, and things can change, but I have no doubts this is their target release date. Other entities use the information on that website. WB's not just gonna throw some bogus dates on there.

Er, movies also have planned schedules and things happen that sometimes cause the dates to change.....not saying you are wrong on this completely but you also can't be 100% sure on dates because it is quite early and anything can happen. Anything can go wrong to delay it or they can get ahead and finish it early.

It's one thing to have a target date and it's another to actually have it all ready for that date.

It would be a good idea to stop the fighting now. If you want to carry on in private messages, feel free to do so, but keep it off the boards, please.

Posts deleted.

~Thanks

That's obviously a fake, though it does look cool. The game is officially called "Mortal Kombat". Not Mortal Kombat 9, Mortal Kombat IX or Mortal Kombat 2011.

Even though the cover is fake (maybe they needed to fill the empty cover area) I hope the release date will be repected.

I know it's been roughly 3 1/2 years since the last reply in this thread, but I was looking through some of my old posts here and just felt like telling everyone who doubted me "I TOLD YOU SO!!!", and that there's no hard feelings.

Haha! Sorry TRMK staff. Just having a bit of fun. Lock this up. :)