If Noob S. is in the game what is his Moveset

COLBYA

hay guys just wondering what people think if noob is in the game, what his move set would be? especially now that its back to 2d graphics. I know there is a lot of talk about him and subzero from that bio and all and i don't want a big debate. But what would people think if noob had some freeze abilities? Considering he is the original sub zero, it has me more interested in this character then ever before because i did not know about that sub zero changing into noob until recently. obviously i didnt pay attention to the story close. If you had a chance to make his moves what would you make for him?

I'm fairly confident that Noob will be in the game. As for him having freeze abilities.. NO, we already have young SZ for that. Noob should get a redesign. Look more like a demon wraith and Death. Give him his Scythe back and not the gay troll hammer from MK:A and give him moves that use oil like liquid. an oil liquid teleport. Things like that. give him back his clone move from the 2D games and a few special attacks that use his scythe, and have his scythe be used in combos. ummm.. If he had a Venom or Carnage symbiote feel where he could use tentacles and shit that would actually fit his character pretty well. I wouldn't mind a venom or carnage esque character with a demon wraith look. All black of course.

Also get rid of those god awful shuriken. He's a wraith now he doesn't need throwing stars. He could be given another projectile attack

I'd be fine with his Trilogy moves so long as they were toned down a bit (disabling ball seriously needs toning down), but I wasn't a huge fan of his Deception/Armageddon movelist. Freeze moves could be interesting if they're done differently enough from Subby's.

Noob's always been one of my favorite characters, but since he's never really had a recurring set of moves, that ends up being based almost entirely on aesthetics. It'd be really nice to see them "nail down" what direction they want to go with him.

Sub's bio card really confuses me, it says he is killed by Scorpion and returns from the the underworld as Noob, but he is Sub Zero in the game, does that mean that he is or is not dead in MK9 and if he is dead why is he Sub and not Noob...

Noob's moves in MK trilogy were great ! I wouldn't mind if he doesn't have any freeze habilities...

I just hope that, one day, Ed Boon will consider that fact that Noob's full name is "Noob Saibot" ! Boon co-created the game with John Tobias : Mortal Kombat wouldn't be Mortal Kombat without Tobias !

Tt seems normal to me that Noob's real name would be in fact NOOB SAIBOT !

maybe since the older sub zero is sub zero there is a chance that the younger sub is gonna be a cyborg(i know its a rumor but still). Otherwise they could show the shadowy noob saibot im hoping they do that. Cyborg sub zero sounds cool but the classics have to be there

I'd prefer younger Sub Zero to come in MK10, and leave the Original Sub Zero in MK 9.
No more double characters.
Besides, all the Bio info on www.themortalkombat.com, is technically the all of the character's PAST history.

Doesn't anyone notice this?

Noob's always been one of my favorite characters, but since he's never really had a recurring set of moves, that ends up being based almost entirely on aesthetics. It'd be really nice to see them "nail down" what direction they want to go with him.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It will be really interesting to see what they do with Noob, if he makes it into the game at all.

Sub's bio card really confuses me, it says he is killed by Scorpion and returns from the the underworld as Noob, but he is Sub Zero in the game, does that mean that he is or is not dead in MK9 and if he is dead why is he Sub and not Noob...

I'm not 100% sure on his bio card but my feelings are its more of an overview across the mk1-3 time period. At the beginning you notice its speaking in past tense, but the noob portion is present tense. This gives me the idea that the game is gonna have original subby and noob saibot in the game and they'll both have their own character slot I presume. Of course I could be wrong but we all know its this confusion thats gonna give subby an edge over everyone else in kombat chat

All I care about is his epic teleport bodyslam...

probably my favorite move in all of Trilogy...

in UMK3 i feel noob saibot was very unbalanced and a cheaply done charactor, however in MK9 he could be great, i like the idea of him having similar moves to subzero but with his own twist, for example he could do a move similar to subzeros ground freeze that is more of a liquid that the opponent gets stuck in, Mk is known for its charactors coming from other ideas such as johnny cage = van damm, kano = terminator, lui kang = enter the dragon ect so they should base noob on mavels totally awsome Venom! and also like a human shadow, i think they did him like that in MK conquest, innyhoo dont give him weapons like ninja stars or a scythe he dosent need all that if done properly he could be one of the most interesting and origonal charactors in the game :)

for example he could do a move similar to subzeros ground freeze that is more of a liquid that the opponent gets stuck in
^^^
Sub Zero's ground freeze already does that in MK 9.

I'd rather see his cloud projectile move (or even his clone move) from Trilogy return.

Last edited: