I believe Liu Kang is the "???" Hidden Character on themortalkombat.com website

KornKombat

I believe Liu Kang is the "???" Hidden Character on themortalkombat.com website

If you type in the URL http://www.themortalkombat.com/web/guest/liukang it will take you back to the begining, but if you type in any other name like http://www.themortalkombat.com/web/guest/reptile or http://www.themortalkombat.com/web/guest/kitana for example it takes you to a page that says "The requested resource was not found.".

So I believe the "???" Hidden Character is in fact Liu Kang.

Also the Silhouette looks like Liu kang to me.

Looks like I was right!
bg48xk.jpg
qpfl09.jpg

Last edited:
WOW...unexpected but nevertheless great find was convinced it was either johnny cage or Kitana

im just glad that a new character is confirmed i just hope Liu Kang isn't the character Boon is gonna announce on GT i want someone Ermac, Baraka or Kabal

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I believe Liu Kang is the "???" Hidden Character on themortalkombat.com website

This has been posted a few times on Twitter, seems VERY POSSIBLE that Liu Kang is the next character to be shown off. Matches the silhouette too.

Re: I believe Liu Kang is the "???" Hidden Character on themortalkombat.com website

This has been posted a few times on Twitter, seems VERY POSSIBLE that Liu Kang is the next character to be shown off. Matches the silhouette too.

I haven't seen the silhouette, how do I see it?

It's gone now, but I'll post it in the discovery thread.

I hope they actually give Liu Kang some good fatalities. His fatalities are usually suckish, and I kinda want to see the dragon fatality back with the new graphics, it'll look epic!

yes, seems liu kang for me too
characterpicmatrix.gif

I agree it has to be Liu Kang, the main reason I suspect that it's him is because the silhouette looks as if the character is wearing a bandana. I also agree with MileenaK that Liu needs to have some really awesome fatality's because looking back they where weak. They can do better.

When I first saw the silhouette, I figured it was Nightwolf. Although it definitely looks like it could be Liu Kang.

Oka, thank goodness I am not the only one who kinda shrugged off the idea of it being Kitana. Like I said in the other thread, had it been Kitana, she would sure have a huge head. Nightwolf is another good guess if it isn't Liu Kang for some reason but it looks like it is Liu.

Yea, Looks like Liu Kang to me! Liu Kang has to have this MK2 Dragon Fatality. For his second Fatality, It should be his Game Gear version of the MK2 Dragon Fatality where instead of biting them in half, the Dragon Breaths fire on them, burning them...TOASTY!

Yea the new graphics of the re-styled Dragon would be EPIC!

i dont really want liu kang to be the next fighter announced, either someone unexpected, or someone who has been drastically changed from the time message from raiden should be the next one announced

i dont really want liu kang to be the next fighter announced, either someone unexpected, or someone who has been drastically changed from the time message from raiden should be the next one announced

Raiden was announced and is on the site....I want to see what the new Liu Kang looks like so I'm hoping it's him and we have already seen Nightwolf so I hope it's someone we haven't seen.

Raiden was announced and is on the site....I want to see what the new Liu Kang looks like so I'm hoping it's him and we have already seen Nightwolf so I hope it's someone we haven't seen.

LOL
Lui Kang is probably gonna look the way he ALWAYS looks.
Honestly.. How much has he changed since the first other than he
got the color red introduced into his outfit. Oh yeah and he got
a shirt in mk4.

Eff y'all haters. I've always liked Kang, so I'll be happy if that's him. I'm still awaiting Baraka's debut, tho. :(

LOL
a shirt in mk4.

U know, I don't think he will be looking the same way as always, I kinda feel he will have his MK1 look. Short hair and stuff... That would be interesting

LOL
a shirt in mk4.

You forgot that his hair grew a little :p

I don't mind Kang but I feel he has been shoved down our throats enough times, between the games and the movies. I'd rather have someone else announced that maybe people don't expect. I think just about everyone expects Liu Kang to be in the game.

liukang.png

Look closely at the image.

Now look closelier.
You can see a headband, which is enough for a confirmation in my book.

^ Sonya also wore a headband...back in the day...

I don't even know how you see a headband there. It just looks like a huge black shadow that molds into his shoulder. I can see where a headband would be but, yeah, still looks like a big shadow.