Kustom Mortal Kombat Kontrollers

ominousred

DSC02248.JPG

DSC02243.JPG

DSC02220.jpg

DSC02218.JPG

I go by the name Ominous Red.

I am new here at these forums. just wanted to post some pics of some controllers I just made for MK vs DC. I should have more pics and vids to come showing the whole process with a breakdown of the costs and obstacles that I ran into for this project.

ANyway... feedback is always welcome.

Re: Kustom Mortal Kobat Kontrollers

sweet mother of pearl that looks awsome!
did you made those?
oh and welcom to the forum :p
im pretty new myself

Last edited:
Re: Kustom Mortal Kobat Kontrollers

They are huge & I am not sure the positioning of the buttons is optimized for combat games. But they look solid and nice looking ;). (I like the red side buttons too)

Nice looking stuff, man. I'm digging that Smoke one.

Also, moved this to a more appropriate area.

Kustom Kombat Kontrollers = KKK? Uh oh.. :p

Anyway, good work there. I still push with the SF layout since it fits every game with some personal adjusting to the layout. Though I do miss the stiffer Happ parts now and then.

Love the look, so does the wireless controller dock into the arcade stick or something?

Also welcome to the forums!

^ Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing about them being a bit too big. Cool stuff, though.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am still processing all the pics and vids. A full write up is in the works.

I did make these.

Raiden is the next box I am working on.

The controller doesn't "DOCK". It is a permanent attachment and has no more functionality as a controller. I just used to PCB in the controller to hook up to the arcade buttons. I had to design this version because I need a wireless controller because my TV is so far away. I also wanted to retain the swappable battery option for people who recharge batteries and stuff like I do as well as retain the MIC option and the option to direct connect to your 360. A lot of people don;t like the look of that but it is a design based on function more than anything else.

The box is big but I like it that way. Smaller boxes dig into my legs when I sit the controller on my lap. I also like to have more room for the artwork. I do have smaller versions but I did not like that layout.

The buttons are designed to play with ALL MK titles. MK vs DC uses the most buttons because of the introduction of grabbing for klose kombat and throwing. As well as using a button for 3D plain movement. I actually tighten up the layout because there are so many buttons. The first MK used only 5 buttons. Then they created the RUN button. And then DC used ALL the buttons.

All of this will be explained in the video I am creating.

Thanks again for the feedback!

I would love to see one for either subzero or quan chi, but yes the buttons are very spaced out and the case is indeed gargantuan, is it really necessary to fit all the parts or what?

i love ur sticks bro,if you get around 2 scorpion(black wit yellow buttons,i will help u advertise on facebook

f$*&ing fantastic job bro

Please stop double posting. That's what the edit button is for. -DCR

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work m8, did this a couple of years ago, building my own controller.
keep on doing the cool stuff!!