Ideas for Mortal Kombat 9

Sub Shadows

As you all heard, Mortal Kombat 9 is coming soon on consoles during spring, 2011 and many changes have been made throughout the game so far. Every member has new ideas to add to the game and I was hoping, why don't I give it a try and see if you guys like my ideas. Here we go:

1_ I am happy to see Mortal Kombat rated as Mature because this means that the fatalities will be even more violent and disguisting. The fatalities should be painful, sinister and disguisting just like Scorpions Mortal Kombat 9 fatality.

2_ Let the classic fatalities return! What happened to Kano's heart ripping fatality or Sub-Zero's Ice fatality? We want them back!

3_ Kreate a Fighter has to return to the game with more features.

4_The fatalities have to be easier to do. Why can't you we go to the moves list when we want a fatality and just click on one of the fatalitie's and it will be done by itself? Maybe even unlock or purchase the fatalities.

5_ Let the Krypt have different items, more backstage videos and sketches and even biographies. With currencies like the Deadly alliance.

6_ Why can't we unlock characters from Konquest mode and purchase them in the Krypt just like Deception?

7_ Konquest mode should return to the game with more adventures and levels.

8_ What happened to the good old Babality, or Animality, Friendshipality*? I really miss them but to make it look more real, why don't we add a new type of Kombat called: "Silly Kombat" For example. There we can do all sorts of Babalities and Animalities.

9_ Why can't we have two alternate costumes instead of one?

10_ When we finish arcade mode with a character and we see his ending, why can't it be visible in the Krypt and not finish the whole arcade again to see it again like in Armageddon.

11_ Many characters are Masked in the game...Why don't they make an Alternate Costume with Mileena or Shao Khan unmasked for example.

12_ Air Kombat should return along with the mini games such as motor Kombat, Puzzle Kombat, Chess Kombat, Practice and even Training Classes.

13_ Motor Kombat should have more arenas and characters along with special moves.

14_ By training classes I mean just like in Mortal Kombat Deception's Konquest where Bo Rai Cho trains Shujinko. Why can't it be a class we unlock in the Krypt and we can learn more.

15_ Let there be more sounds and screams during fatalities. Remember Tanya's annoying scream in Mortal Kombat 4? Let this scream return and even more awesome when someone rips a leg of or an eyeball!

16_ Monsters such as Goro, Sheeva, Motaro, Kintaro and Onaga should return but if the Mortal Kombat 9 creators don't want them back, then why don't they make a new feature of Kombat called Monster Kombat with only these monsters?

17_ The DLC characters should be downloaded for free since in some locations and countries, online purchases cannot be made such as in my country. Some people don't even have a credit card so it would be better if they were for free or atleast we can pay by phone.

18_ Please return all the arenas, and make new ones but not in 3D like Armageddon.

I couldn't help but notice this thread is almost identical to your rather new topic that (almost) shares it's name. Why not post it there?

I couldn't help but notice this thread is almost identical to your rather new topic that (almost) shares it's name. Why not post it there?
lol sorry :p :p didn't pay attention to that mistake, anyways thanks for informing me lol. hope u like the ideas

My Ideas

1. Two Alternate costumes, I want an old-school outfit and a new outfit. That would be cool alternate costumes. But make sure they look newish. I want the classic design with more of a new style 'umph. But costumes should not be DLC. Make them hard to buy at the krypt or really expensive at the krypt. Maybe like a type of code or something. Kinda like MK3's fight loading screen.

2. Lots of the GOOD characters. What is the point of dumb character's like Hsu Hao. I really want every ninja Mortal Kombat has made, and that includes Chameleon.

3. Fatality's should be DLC, like more Fatalities with each purchase. Fatalities should not be easy to do. I want them to be hard to do like the old MK1,2 and 3. And not a show, maybe button pressing like God of War.

4. DLC, lot's of it. I want new arenas, character's, alternate costume's, and Fatalities. But maybe two/three of each in one package for like 5 dollars. Not like 10. Too expensive. But I don't want too much DLC, because it will be alot to keep up with. Like adding character's and then adding alternate costumes for those character's.

That's what I got, what do you think.

I hope fatalities aren't too hard to do like in MK4. I hope there is a button to stop the character from moving around once he/she finds the right distance to do the finisher.

I definitely do NOT want to see Kreate-a-Fighter make it in. This game is extremely specific when it comes to character separation. Each fighter is going to have really elaborate looks, fatalities that fit their look/personality(so far), and you cannot forget about the textures of their insides. KaF would get in the way of all of those and would once again fail.

What I would like to see, is the Krypt, a more challenging Test Your Might, 1 alternate outfit for each character is fine. I'm still hoping for the gameplay that looks very promising. And a special edition would be nice for the hardcore fans.

Kreate-a-Fighter really should NOT be in the game, for the reason bosbulls_MK said. It'd be cool to have two alt costumes, but I don't want any mini games outside the fight. Maybe a Konquest, but only if it was either with any character or with a really good story, that means much better than MKA's. This learning system like MKDA konquest should be in the game, but should be deeper and be enabled in practice mode.

Fatality's should be easy to do, with sequences like the special moves. I want lots of characters, even on DLCs, but only the good ones, and they have to be well done, well explored, and with creative moves. Fortunately, the ones we've seen already have that :)

I'm just saying, that it's not really that cool that the person who started this thread has an avatar promoting another MK site.

I'm just saying, that it's not really that cool that the person who started this thread has an avatar promoting another MK site.
Hey, I am happy to know that u are a fan of sub zero and so am I, but I have an account on a hundred mk forums all in the name of Sub Shadows. And the avatar, well it looks kind of cool cuz u can rarely find an avatar with Sub Zero's deception costume in it that shoots his background in the Lin Kuei so it is nice but I didnt add the link under the avatar and I can't remove it cuz a quarter of sub zero's neck will go of :p :p :p

1. Agreed
2. Yeah true
3. hell no
4. uhm no..
5. sure
6. why must the world be so hard
7. mmm..no to that one even though i enjoyed deception konquest
8. maybe just maybe to friendship but...hell no to babality and animality
9. why can't we have 4 alt costumes instead of 3, who knows maybe DLC will provide that
10. why are you asking why, shouldn't you be saying this is what they should do and not talk as if the game has already came out?
11. Well from what i know and what ive seen, veils, masks and clothes can be ripped off during battle and who knows maybe we'll get one in alt costume
12. lets have reverse gravity and negative mass kombat! NOPE
13. I heard theres this game on the Wii called Mario Kart, enjoy!
14. No clue what you're talking about, once again you are talking as if...nvm
15. This i agree on, though most fatalities are quick and if they were to actually happen you probably wouldn't hear much screaming.
16. ahahaha, really monster kombat? hey hey they should put godzilla and king kong in it too!
17. hmm this is a good one but i really have nothing to say on it :)
18. All arenas? (remembers the bank) ILL PASS THANK YOU!

Kreate a Fighter has to return to the game with more features.

The fatalities have to be easier to do. Why can't you we go to the moves list when we want a fatality and just click on one of the fatalitie's and it will be done by itself?

What happened to the good old Babality, or Animality, Friendshipality*? I really miss them but to make it look more real, why don't we add a new type of Kombat called: "Silly Kombat" For example.

Air Kombat should return along with the mini games

Motor Kombat should have more arenas and characters along with special moves.

Monsters such as Goro, Sheeva, Motaro, Kintaro and Onaga should return but if the Mortal Kombat 9 creators don't want them back, then why don't they make a new feature of Kombat called Monster Kombat with only these monsters?

Wow, i never knew there could be so much fail, in just one post.

I tip my hat to you sir.

I support the return of a training mode to help new players with the basics. However, Ic an do without mini-games such as Chess Kombat, Motor Kombat, etc.; all that development time put into extra content could have been used to refine the main game.

We all like more content like extra costumes arenas, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. It costs time, money, and manpower to make games. NR Studios, or any game developer for that matter can only do so much before it becomes unfeasible from a business standpoint.

DLC being free or not is up to the discretion of the developer. Those who make the models, textures, etc. have to make it a living, and it's going to cost the developer money to make it make it happen. With that being said, it's more likely you are going to get charged for the extra content. Have you considered XBLive or PSN prepaid cards, if they are available in your country? They serve as an alternative to purchasing online content when one doesn't have access to a credit card or the card cannot be accepted by XBL/PSN for some reason.

Last edited:
lol select fatality, push accept, fatality happens... Why not just sim the fight with the computer? L2play nub.

i vote they remove the "finish him/her" popup. Then when we win, it will just do the fatality for us!

less thought=bettar game

Sorry man but I can't but disagree with you more. The "Finish Him" popup is what made Mortal Kombat. whenever you ask some adult about mortal kombat they will tell u...Oh yeah I remember that game :Finish Him! And the automatic fatality would be nice. For example "Tap X and O repeatedly to perform fatality". That would be cool ;)

Sorry man but I can't but disagree with you more. The "Finish Him" popup is what made Mortal Kombat. whenever you ask some adult about mortal kombat they will tell u...Oh yeah I remember that game :Finish Him! And the automatic fatality would be nice. For example "Tap X and O repeatedly to perform fatality". That would be cool ;)

What if the pop-up came up but then it still did the fatality for us? Then everyone would be happy!
images

^this is how happy i was when i came up with this idea!

Last edited:
If hanged corpses are lingering around the arena like in the Nethership Stage(MKA/MKD), I'd want to not only use the dead bodies to attck and distract my opponent but I'd want to actually dismember the corpses during combat.Like Kitana slicing off the limbs off of the bodies or Shao Kahn smshing the corpse into severl pieces as some body parts hit the opponent.

If hanged corpses are lingering around the arena like in the Nethership Stage(MKA/MKD), I'd want to not only use the dead bodies to attck and distract my opponent but I'd want to actually dismember the corpses during combat.Like Kitana slicing off the limbs off of the bodies or Shao Kahn smshing the corpse into severl pieces as some body parts hit the opponent.

What u guys, Im new here to the forum and besides ideas are just ideas...they wont like come true unless the mk team decide to add them but it's good that they view our ideas. Maybe not mine but ur ideas are nice ;) at least some of them. Anyways Nasty_FReak, i doubt that they will bring back the corpses from the nethership stage. Infact, i don't think they will bring it since it wasnt an arena there during the old days of mortal kombat. Anyways and if it were to return, i don't think it would since the MK team said the game would be in a 2D arena... so you can't go around the ship and slash bodys as u fight since it will be all in 2D except for the characters. I never wanted it 2D by the way but the "Fans" said so :p :p :p So don't blame me, blame the "Fans"...A.K.A, those little 6 year olds who voted for RAAM in the competition cuz they thaught he was scary.