Reasons why Tanya should return to Mortal Kombat (2011)

Would you like Tanya to return to Mortal Kombat 9?

• Total voters

Sub Shadows

I suppose everyone knows who Tanya is by now, but for the people who need to no more about her; Tanya is a slender gloomy female from edenia and she is the daughter of the ambassador to other realms as stated in her Mortal Kombat 4 biography. She first debuted in Mortal Kombat 4 1995 as a substitute for Kitana. Instead she has a darker skin color like Jade so you can say that she is Jade's clone which is not true. I see that many people hate Tanya and I think I know the reason why. They hate her because she is evil? What excuse is that supposed to mean? Mortal Kombat is all about evil versus good and how can Mortal Kombat reach a maximum level of popularity without evil villains. I consider Tanya not as a villain, but the most evil character in the game because she betrayed many people and that includes: Sindel, Kitana, Jade, Shao Khan, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Onaga and even Edenia. She is not a Mortal Kombat classic fighter but she has a huge part of the story and I think it would be incomplete without her...Sure she is evil but in Mortal Kombat 4, she was thaught as an innocent girl because of her exterior and her voice, but we found out who she truly is after she betrayed Lui Kang in her ending. Her Deception look was different from her Mortal Kombat 4 look since she was changed into a more evil and scary face. I think adding her would be a good idea since she is the most evil betraying person in Mortal Kombat history besides Shao Khan. If you agree with Tanya returning to Mortal Kombat 9 along with Jade since it would add more action to the game, then vote on the polls and check out her Mortal Kombat 9 outfit I desinged for her:

83941077.png

Please don't insult me with harsh comments. I am new here and I really want to make some new friends.

I don't dislike Tanya for being evil. Some of my favorite fighting game characters are evil, Baraka being an example from the MK side. I simply find Tanya's design really bland.

Last edited:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah She first debuted in Mortal Kombat 4 Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah She is not a Mortal Kombat classic fighter blahblah blahblah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blahblah but in Mortal Kombat 4,blah blah blah blah blah Mortal Kombat 4 blah blah blah blah blah

Please don't insult me with harsh comments. I am new here and I really want to make some new friends.

I'm not insulting you with harsh comments, just comments, and hopefully they become more constructive than insulting. However, if you noticed I "highlighted" the points you make as to why she shouldn't even be considered for the new game. The biggest reason being that the number 4 doesn't come before 1, 2, or 3 in a number line, and since this is a remake of the first 3 games, 4 is on the outside looking in.

However, I don't understand why you're making a push for Jade either, as she's from MK2 originally, as well as making playable appearances in UMK3, and MKT.

Now, I'm all for you wanting your favourite character in the game, I just would hate for you to get your hopes up and be crushed in April-ish when the game releases and you're left without a playable Tanya, and you're stuck looking at her in the background of what would slowly become your most hated stage thanks to it's constant reminder that she's not in the game.

I promise you though, Kitana, Mileena, and Jade will all make amazing substitutes for your playing pleasure.

Now, I'm all for you wanting your favourite character in the game, I just would hate for you to get your hopes up and be crushed in April-ish when the game releases and you're left without a playable Tanya, and you're stuck looking at her in the background of what would slowly become your most hated stage thanks to it's constant reminder that she's not in the game.
Haha MK2 Khan Arena stage anyone?

Her main weapon should be the Kobu Jutsu tonfa blades so she can slice the opponent vertically in half like Bloodrayne. :) Her alternate weapon should be the boomerang.

Here is a fatality of hers using the weapon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbeuB4ZNV9Y

Here is some of the other kills the tonfa blades can do. Ignore the biting parts. And Tanya's fatalities should be like "Lament Reversal" (2:20) from this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHN54iP5i4g

Last edited:
I'd like to see Tanya as playable. Amongst the characters that made their debut in MK4, Tanya and Reiko are the only ones with real potential imo. However, since MK9 spans through the first 3 games, I wouldn't get my hopes up. She'll probably be chained up in Kahn's arena.

I'm not insulting you with harsh comments, just comments, and hopefully they become more constructive than insulting. However, if you noticed I "highlighted" the points you make as to why she shouldn't even be considered for the new game. The biggest reason being that the number 4 doesn't come before 1, 2, or 3 in a number line, and since this is a remake of the first 3 games, 4 is on the outside looking in.

However, I don't understand why you're making a push for Jade either, as she's from MK2 originally, as well as making playable appearances in UMK3, and MKT.

I promise you though, Kitana, Mileena, and Jade will all make amazing substitutes for your playing pleasure.

I actually had a good laugh reading the quote
Tanya was a terrible design anyways, ohh a yellow female ninja now? "facepalm"
though she became a little bit cooler in Deception, shes just one of those forgettable characters that just re apeared and you were like "hey i remember her".

the reason why I really like her is because she looks scary, and her scream is really loud...her outfit in mk4 is hot...her hairstyle is nice...and that she is a negro. How many mk girls are negro????? Jade isn't, she is tanned but tanya is the only black player besides for sheeva!

the reason why I really like her is because she looks scary, and her scream is really loud...her outfit in mk4 is hot...her hairstyle is nice...and that she is a negro. How many mk girls are negro????? Jade isn't, she is tanned but tanya is the only black player besides for sheeva!

Jade is definitely black, the only time she was "tanned" was in MK2 and that was because she was merely a palette swap.

Tanya is an awesome badass chick who loves to use others just for her own needs. Jade is still better than her though.

yessuh, i neva dun seen no colored folk innuh MK game bufoe.

Sheeva black? lolwat

lmao negro, she better not go breathing the white mans air! Go and get her own character select screen, this is for white only! lmao

lmao negro, she better not go breathing the white mans air! Go and get her own character select screen, this is for white only! lmao

He was saying that he likes her because she is a negro.+ I think Sub Shadows is from Lebanon you can't expect him to know the all the US PC terms. I''m just happy he didn't call her "African American".

black player besides for sheeva!
Huh....? You mean like her soul is black? Or her hair?

Hey guyz yep i am from lebanon...but anyways She and jade are the only black characters in the game so it is nice to get them both back...Plus im not negro though :p :p :p anyways Jade is definately 100% gonna be added because there is Jade's dessert as an arena and how could there be a an arena named after a character and the character is notin the game :p