mortal kombat II on SNES question

dtdave

I got a sweet deal on a SNES on craigslist and purchased a used copy of MK II on ebay, I have tried all the hacks for getting 30 lives and going straight to smoke etc, the key combos when you are on the choose your component screen, anways none of them work. Plus, there is no optiosn screen to select easy or hard or put handicaps on, do I have the 1st version or something? And another came out later that enabled an options screen and enabled all the hacks?? Hope anyone can help. I remember playing when I was a teen and loved all the hacks etc, and I was wanting to do them again! Thanks!

I got a sweet deal on a SNES on craigslist and purchased a used copy of MK II on ebay, I have tried all the hacks for getting 30 lives and going straight to smoke etc, the key combos when you are on the choose your component screen, anways none of them work. Plus, there is no optiosn screen to select easy or hard or put handicaps on, do I have the 1st version or something? And another came out later that enabled an options screen and enabled all the hacks?? Hope anyone can help. I remember playing when I was a teen and loved all the hacks etc, and I was wanting to do them again! Thanks!

OMG! I been looking for answers for these questions as well, lmao! :(

I haven't done those codes since the 90s, but I'll try digging out my copies and giving it a shot. I think it's just a timing issue of how fast you do the codes.

Hi DTDave,
I have confirmed all these codes just now to make sure they do, in fact, work.

29 Credits
At the Character Select screen, press Left, Up, Right, Down, Left + Select

Fight Noob Saibot
At the Character Select screen press Left, Up, Down, Down, Right + Select

Fight Shao-Kahn
At the Character Select screen press Right, Up, Up, Right, Left + Select

Fight Kintaro
At the Character Select screen press Up, Down, Down, Right, Right + Select

Fight Smoke
At the Character Select screen press Up, Left, Up, Up, Right + Select

Fight Jade
At the Character Select screen, press Up, Down, Down, Left, Right + Select

Extra Fatality Time
Press Up, Up, Left, Up, Down + Select at the character select screen.

Destroy Akklaim Logo
Hold L + R when turning on the game.

**** Be sure to press the last direction and Select button together for these to work! ****

I was playing around with some SNES emulation and tried these out again, Adjun was right you have to hit the last direction and Select AT THE SAME TIME. When it works you'll hear a little sound like you selected a character, but you did not really.

Also the 29 Credits I get to work easier doing a circle on the dpad, instead of tapping the directions out. Because the faster, the better, for these codes.

Ahhh the memories....

Hmmm...interesting. I'm still not getting it :(. Do I have the correct control settings?
Butons.png

I'm sorry but did you also say that you weren't getting an options screen? That sounds fishy to me. You might have a hacked copy or something.