MK HD Kollection

Re: MK Arcade Collection in November (?)

I'll probably borrow the game and not buy it. You know just to try it. Plus my cousin is the one who has a PS3 so whenever i could play at his house I'll do it. The good thing also about this is that November 18, is my B-Day. I could probably play it around that time. lol :)

This would be cool to have on 360 as I would LOVE to be able to rock some MK2 every once and a while. UMK3 is okay and all, but MK2 is my favourite game to play ever.

It would make it to my game shelve on day one!
EDIT: This site seems to state it contains MK, MK2 and UMK3.

Last edited:

MK4 would be the easiest to "remake" in HD, and it wasn't a bad game so hopefully it's in there. Those are tentative details of the collection so I very much doubt it's a PS3 exclusive. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if they only put out the first three, considering the release of the new game will be a version of 1-3 anyways. Maybe next on their list is to remake 4-6 and then make a new 7 and 8 since they sucked so much :D

We have some info on this, we should be following up with a story later this week.

Nay, too illogical to say that there will be no Xbox version. Looking forward to some concrete info.

Yeah if the new game next year is both platforms, then this has to as well. Just makes sense, they'll practically double their sales.

This could be why they took UMK3 off the Live Market Place

Nay, too illogical to say that there will be no Xbox version. Looking forward to some concrete info.

Very true. It would've made sense to do something like that last generation with the PS2 being far and away the best selling platform, but this generation?

The "HD" attached to the title is what threw me originally, though. Presumably this will just have the original games' resolutions upscaled to an HD resolution, rather than fully redrawn graphics in true HD like many would hope.

Let's all pray that the games are all online and leader boards and the shit, because I need to show my dominance in MK2 without spending money on crappy Sony equipment.

Very true. It would've made sense to do something like that last generation with the PS2 being far and away the best selling platform, but this generation?

The "HD" attached to the title is what threw me originally, though. Presumably this will just have the original games' resolutions upscaled to an HD resolution, rather than fully redrawn graphics in true HD like many would hope.
I can only imagine (and kinda hope) that they're giving it the same "HD" treatment MvC2 got with the cleaner lifebars/menus/etc. and even more hopefully, better online play/interface.

I really don't know how they'd go about getting HD sprites for the fighters since they can't just redraw them like they did or SSF2 HD. If they do, you just KNOW they'd mess with the collisions, and thereby totally screw the gameplay up... at least with UMK3. They might actually improve the gameplay on MK 1 & 2, but I still don't think that's really feasible.

I'd also like to see cleaner stages, but that would only accent how blocky the fighters are.

Whaaa?

I hope they just release the originals like mk2 for ps3 (which is still for sale and being promoted on psn)

As far as HD, i would be happy with just menu and chatroom in hd, along with themes and avatars

Well we have that already in the current ports. Stay tuned. ;)

Yeah let's hope they don't do much to change it. It's good the way it is... If it ain't broke...

I'd imagine this would be a sincere release of ALL MK arcades. MK1, II, 3, UMK3, and 4. Although I wouldn't see why MK3 would be in there if UMK3 is basically the same game. Although there are a couple stages from MK3 that didn't make the UMK3 cut... The Bank, I believe it was called. I remember you could uppercut an opponent into the Rooftop stage.

Anyways. I'd definitely get this. It would be hella nice, and awesome, to have an option to play the HD versions of the arcades or just the regular old school versions. Seems a bit far-fetched, but it would be a great addition. Also, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this suggestion, I'd love to see each game being selected as the arcade cabinet themselves. Kind of like what Final Fight: Double Impact did with their games.

Don't care for MK1 to be in it but do like the background with statues and Liu Kang's MK1 Fatality but make it a regular move somehow. Have MKII, MKIII, UMKIII and some of MKIV in it.