MK HD Kollection

Re: The Arcade collection look

I dont understand why people still want to play this games

Because in these versions Sub Zero is actually good. ;)

It's nostalgia and people who were around back then who were able to play find them a lot of fun. You still do when you grow up with something. I still play MK1.

Because in these versions Sub Zero is actually good. ;)

It's nostalgia and people who were around back then who were able to play find them a lot of fun. You still do when you grow up with something. I still play MK1.

Now This is what i have been saying since this was announced SUB ZERO IS GOOD IN THE OLD ONES he doesnt have The Speed Of An Old Geezer in the old ones.

i expect this to look amazing......on a 20" screen from the early-mid 90's...which i dont own anymore

Re: Mortal kombat arcade kollection confermed today on joysiq

What are you TALKING ABOUT? NOTHING REDONE?!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! ALL 3 GAMES WILL BE ONLINEEEEEEEE!!!! Thats good enough a reason as ANY to buy it! You think I would have bought MK2 if it wasn't online? You think I wanna sit and play MK2 on MAME?!?! F*** that! I would rather turn on my PS3 and play it online!

MAME is fun if you are absolutely bored out of your mind! But there was no better experience for me then playing MK 1, MK2, or UMK3 in the arcades back in the day.... And what was the next BEST thing to that? Playing MK2 on the PSN! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooot! What a rushhhhhhhhhhh! And now they are bringing them ALL (minus MK4.. boo, Im sad!...) to the PSN! I am super thrilled!

Who cares about HD graphics, they probably would have SCREWED up on the gameplay somehow... probably fix things so that you can't do glitches and secrets (ie. Sub-Zero's double fatality [ Deep Freeze+Ice Grenade via. MK2 ], or perhaps Shang Tsungs TEAM fatality (Sub-Zero's [ Deep Freeze] + Scorpions [Toasty] via. MK2))...

Ahhhhhhhhh fun times! I am 100% for this Arcade Collection. Thank god its NOT in HD! Why re-do the graphics of something that was AMAZING to begin with, and at the same time perhaps suffer in gameplay somehow!?!?!...

yeah, nothing will be redone...adding online to anything these days is pretty standard ... and i dont know about you, but i have friends, they come over we play the games...human interaction....something that people lack these days...again....i own all the games legally, in one form or another..why do i need to buy these titles over and over?...

the graphics at the time were amazing..but on my Beast of an HDTV these games are serious not fun and hard on the eyes..either blurred or pixelated to all hell..maybe im spoiled by todays technology but standard ports of the arcade versions ( which i have legally ) doesnt cut it with me...this is NRS and WB half assing something to cash in...more so on WB end...i dont need reshot actors in HD, however i would like some type of thought put into these games to make them better or spice them up...there is plenty that could be done to touch them up while maintaining the same feel...and the games actually deserve a bit more than what they continue to get...ports...and watch it be the same backbone ports..

and if some of you wonder why in the arcade the games were/felt harder...they were designed to take your money....much like gambling the house always wins

Anyone play the Turtles in Time remake? I don't know if they plan to do what TMNT did, or just upgrade the graphics a bit, but they went all out for Turtles in Time and it was awesome!

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles-turtles_in_time-2.png

1244061755.jpg

there actuallly bringing all mk's back online gtfo???/ im so buyin these wtf..

Because a lot of us have been fans of this series since before you were even born, and still play the classic games to this day. They have a special nostalgia in a lot of our hearts. MK has been one of my all-time favorite game series since the first game hit arcades.

^^^ This exactly ;-)

Anyone play the Turtles in Time remake? I don't know if they plan to do what TMNT did, or just upgrade the graphics a bit, but they went all out for Turtles in Time and it was awesome!

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles-turtles_in_time-2.png

1244061755.jpg

I played and beat the TMNT remake and while is was very cool what they did I still prefer the original graphics and art style for Nostalgic reasons mostly I am sure.

ya... im kind of depressed... i sold my original dedicated mk2 cabinet.... it was banged up though like wholes and stuff wasnt in great condition but i still sjhould of kept it .

and if some of you wonder why in the arcade the games were/felt harder...they were designed to take your money....much like gambling the house always wins

I know THAT, but these ports are going to be played on consoles.
I don't want it to be impossible to beat.
It's not fun when you want to throw the f****** controller at the screen, because the arcade port is THAT aggravating.

Had it not been for Raiden's 3-hit combo followed by the teleport, I would have said f*** it to MK 9 "Story Mode."
I know that Shao Kahn is a beast in "Ladder Mode" (and that's fine), but he was almost impossible in "Story Mode."

I don't mind a challenge.
I've beaten MK 1, MK II and MK 3 on "Medium" and "Hard" difficulty settings, on my Sega Genesis.
When I played the MK 1 port on the PS2 (Deception Premium Pack), it was f****** impossible.
Same goes for the MK II port on the PS3 (impossible as you get to the "?" match).
That wasn't fun at all.

i think its suppose to be impossible lol makes u wanna go ****in crazy lol

Yea, I'm a bit dissapointed. I really wanted to see it all remade in hd, that was a big draw for me. Who knows if this was the rumored "HD" version, if it was scrapped and this is what we get instead, or if its still in the works, i dont really care anymore. But I will still definitely be picking this up since it 3 great games for a cheap price. And i just love having all my favorite games under "one roof" so to speak. I can play MK9, and the original 3 all on the same console as i play my other games. Plus its all online. I wont have to go downstairs, or plug in another system on another tv to play an old game. This is really great imo.

I am still a fan of the klassic series. I only have MK2 on my PS2 but I kan't do Smoke's secret"/.

I am glad they are selling all three. I haven't played MK1 in ages. Plus, online? Its gonna be more fun.

Glad they are doing this:DD.

I dont understand why people still want to play this games when MK9 is out and its so amazing, i played MK Trilogy until MK9 demo came out, but now with the whole game i dont see the point.
The only thing is that i miss Rain... lol

Newbs. lololol

Yea, I'm a bit dissapointed. I really wanted to see it all remade in hd, that was a big draw for me. Who knows if this was the rumored "HD" version, if it was scrapped and this is what we get instead, or if its still in the works, i dont really care anymore. But I will still definitely be picking this up since it 3 great games for a cheap price. And i just love having all my favorite games under "one roof" so to speak. I can play MK9, and the original 3 all on the same console as i play my other games. Plus its all online. I wont have to go downstairs, or plug in another system on another tv to play an old game. This is really great imo.

I agree. It's really disappointing that the HDK (apparently) isn't gonna happen. :(

shao kahn in story mode was a disaster, i have never been so upset with MK.....but this thread isnt about MK9

i have beaten MK1-MK2 plenty of times on the arcade ports.....also if you have midaway arcade treasures with MK1-MK3 on it, i believe there is a difficulty setting...and those are damn near flawless arcade ports

releasing these as simple ports is a pure laziness on NRS/WB....honestly reshooting the actors was a bit extreme...they could have simplified it yet made it up to date also

guaranteed though this is all about numbers even to boon who really hasnt brought anything amazing to the franchise in very long time...you can tell even on his twitter he's more about the sales....

MK9 sold over 1 million copies US alone without special editions....WB/NRS releasing these classics so soon after added income because they people will buy it now, that there is a huge market...less work for them too if people buy it as is with some online function which even with MK9 has been far from a good time...that actually makes me want to throw my controller....its unfortunate that people go along with the program happy to get anything when they should be saying hell no, i already have this...which most of us do..some even have the damn the arcade cabinets too...cant get much more arcade perfect than that...online is ok..if it works as it should, but even then you have the poor sports who abandon ship mid match and that pisses me off...i would get so many of those people who would be losing and then bail at finish him...whats the point

Last edited:

Sub-Zero is very good in the new MK... and he's not even really that slow. I don't get the problem.