MK HD Kollection

Re: November quickly approaching

Well, that makes a lot more sense considering the negative effects announcing it earlier would have on the sale of current stock. They started selling a model with better features, so savvy consumers would just hold off for a bit until the new console was actually released.

Since the last MK game is almost 2 years old, that's not really an issue here.

Dammit, Umon. :shakefist:

Less than 10 hours to go on the countdown of the officlal site: there is still a slight chance that the playable demo of MK9 will be announced for 16th november, in the "Mortal Kombat HD aracde kollection" ?

In France, this game have been announced a while ago in at least 2 video games website !

Here's what I'm wondering, what's the update on the 2 guys on Twitter (@TheLocustToyBox & @OriginalRazer) who say they purchased preorders for MKHD that said it would be released today, November 1st? Have they had any contact with the issuing store? I think it's very safe to assume they do not have the game, because if it was out there, we'd know about it. Did those stores contact them (or vice versa) and update them on the status, did they get a refund, etc?

Anyway, today could, and I stress could, be a key date in the MKHD controversy. If the game is to be released in the next two weeks, well, I think today is the day it NEEDS to be announced. If not that, then please Boon, Hector, Hans, Rigo, someone.... just tell us the game is not coming out. No more BS. ;-) Thanks.

I must admit that a confirmation either way this late in the supposed release date is just really weird. Thing is, the buzz about this is very very apparent. You can't say that the MK community doesn't know of this rumored HD kollection. There's too much hype. You'd think if it weren't meant to be released, there'd be some sort of confirmation about it.

At this point I want it to come out of nowhere, unadvertised and just be like BAM...BUY ME *****! That way everything would be new to us when we played it.

If this game was a fake then how the hell did it show up on pre-order lists at multiple game stores???? Gamestop included....you can't just hack in to all of these company's web sites, and even if u could what would be the benefit???

If this game was a fake then how the hell did it show up on pre-order lists at multiple game stores???? Gamestop included....you can't just hack in to all of these company's web sites, and even if u could what would be the benefit???

Agreed, the game is in no way "fake," either it exists and will be out at some point (possibly as soon as in 2 weeks) or it's been delayed (hey.... the MK team isn't familiar with delays or setbacks, right???). Considering so many websites and stores still, yes still, have it listed for 11/16, that could very well be the day. You'd think that at this point, if the game hadn't gone gold and was ready to ship, they would have updated the database and changed the release date. Since that hasn't happened, it's anyone's guess as to what is going on.

Agreed, the game is in no way "fake," either it exists and will be out at some point (possibly as soon as in 2 weeks) or it's been delayed (hey.... the MK team isn't familiar with delays or setbacks, right???). Considering so many websites and stores still, yes still, have it listed for 11/16, that could very well be the day. You'd think that at this point, if the game hadn't gone gold and was ready to ship, they would have updated the database and changed the release date. Since that hasn't happened, it's anyone's guess as to what is going on.

Rumors are that NetherRealm isn't working directly on these HD ports (aside from Carlos Pesina), and it may be "Backbone" instead.

If that's the case, then it may be WB who's not wanting to release the info, and NOT NetherRealm.

Re: MK Arcade Collection in November (?)

How about we just wait for Nov. 16th, and at the same time, not get our hopes up, instead of debating lol?

Re: MK Arcade Collection in November (?)

Oh well :-|

If the Kollection doesn't come out, I'd at least like to get the MK 9 demo that was rumored to be included with it.
Maybe via PSN or something.

I just want something MK from now until April.

everybody keeps talking about gamestop taking reserves,i would like 2 know which 1 because my sister manges at 1 and there is no release date in the system 4 it

everybody keeps talking about gamestop taking reserves,i would like 2 know which 1 because my sister manges at 1 and there is no release date in the system 4 it

At one point in time IT WAS IN THEIR SYSTEM.
I know this first hand.

http://www.trmk.org/news/13181/preorder_mortal_kombat_hd_collection_at_gamestop_updated_x2.html

I personally reserved my HD Kollection copy on September 21st.
A day later(September 22nd), through Tim Static and Patrick here at TRMK, I find out that they were pulling the Pre-Order reservations off the GameStop in-store systems overnight.

The next day (September 23rd), I went in to GameStop with my receipt in hand, and the manager at the GameStop told me that they had pulled the Pre-Orders off their system (just like Tim and Patrick mentioned).

So, I got a full refund for $42.79, and as of today I'm still waiting like an idiot, for an HD Kollection confirmation.

Last edited:

What's interesting to me is, there are many websites and stores still taking preorders for this game. Today marks exactly 2 weeks until the supposed release. If WB wasn't planning on releasing it, why haven't they updated the upcoming games database so they could take it off their lists? That's fairly irresponsible of them not to do so. They must know whether the game will be released on November 16 or not. It's one thing to purposely ignore the fans when they question it, but an entirely different thing to simply leave false information out there for the rest of the industry (an industry you're a part of). If the game remaining on the lists is any indication it will be released in 2 weeks, then I say today is D-day for them to make a freakin' announcement. No need to advertise the game at this point, but at least make it official.

IMO, whether they announce it or not, people will still buy it. It's not like MK 9 where it's a brand new game and has to have months of advertising to get people ready to buy it...these are still old games regardless of the HD makeover; they will sell themselves.

At this point, I just want to get my hands on the MK 9 demo that's supposed to come with the Kollection.

I'd pay $10 for that alone. :-|

What's interesting to me is, there are many websites and stores still taking preorders for this game. Today marks exactly 2 weeks until the supposed release. If WB wasn't planning on releasing it, why haven't they updated the upcoming games database so they could take it off their lists? That's fairly irresponsible of them not to do so.

Exactly!
MK 9 will be released in 5,5 months and you can already pre-order it, the HD kompilation in 2 weeks (normaly) and we know nothing about it. They can at least confirm if it's a false or true rumor instead of changing the subject when they are asked about it. Anyway patience is a vertue I guess, we'll know soon enough...