noob-smoke bad idea?

I will defend my dark and sooty buddies to the END! Noob-Smoke is, was, and will always be a GREAT idea. It really takes a concious effort to win against an opponent playing as them. Dairou is easy to beat down, but Noob-Smoke takes some work. They do have tons of versatility, and they just work so well together.

disagree entirely. sure it's a challenge facing them, thats what makes them a good sub boss, the problem is they both used to be individuals, and i liked it that way. now the fact that they fight as one makes it seem unfair, a 2 on 1 battle, the only difference is that they share the same health. it makes the two characters seem wimpy to me. bad idea. on top of it, i know that deception really isn't a tournament, but the gameplay still follows that of a tournament, and in such a contest 2 people couldn't compete as one for the same prize.

I find Noob-Smoke a rather good challenge to play and to play as.........it would be better if we would get to play as the one character though.

Wyckid said:
They have no weapons and practically no combos... How is that unfair?

in the technical sense. as in if it were an actual tournament, there would be no such battles that involved two people fighting together for the same prize.

also i dont know what the hell u mean by no combos, cuz the cpu noobsmoke strung together some rediculous combos on me in the past.

yeah bad idea, but that's just my opinion. The ultimate sub-boss/boss combo would have been Moloch as sub-boss and Onaga as boss. Now that's an unstoppable team. I bet that those two can whipe the floor with Shao Kahn and Goro.

My favorite Noob smoke combo

Smoke: throw, up4, up4, dark assassin, 1,2,forward2

9 hits, 30%damage

Its a bit hard to time the dark assassin, and its even harder to get smoke to move just in time to hit the juggled opponent after the shirukens. However, with a bit of practice in training mode, itll come to you.

I found another sick combo for this tandem:

Smoke: throw, smokey punch, dark assassin, 1,2,forward2

this one is a bit harder to pull off than the last one i posted, but up until the final 3 hits it cannot be breakered. I like to use this one at the end of round 2 or 3 if im going for the kill and my enemy still has breakers. i use the other one earlier on since it does slightly more damage and promotes the opponent to waste his breakers.

I don't think it was a really bad idea to put them as one fighter...but I would prefer to see them separately.

Personally, I thought the combination was good, the first time I play they kicked my butt. But when I fought them again I whooped up on them. I was a little dissapointed they could not be played separately.

Disappointed is going to cream himself...

My Noob-Smoke is getting more and more devastating every day.

I now have rather high damaging combos for Noob:

This only works when the opponent is near a wall:
throw, 2,1,3

5 hits, 39%damage

throw, 2,1,1

5 hits 38% damage

throw, 1,1,CS

5 hits, 37% damage

Noob's throw, when done near a wall, disengages the opponent from Noob's arms but they still bounce, leaving them open for a pretty nasty combo. I discovered this completely on accident, and it has been working wonders online. I like to use the last combo, cause it brings out smoke. After connecting this there is a good chance your opponent will duck, so slam him with smoke's up4, up4, dark assassin, 1,2,forward2. And youre welcome Disappointed.

I've a 'cube, so I'm afraid not. You play ps2, and the only other person that I know that has an online system is for XBL. :(