Test Your Might

Catracho777

okay...I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if Ed Boon brought these mini games back, like the ones you played before?...like the one were you break wood...or even better the games that you played on MK: Deadly Alliance...little things can make a big change...just throwing it out there

I'd like it if we could do "Test Your Might" to switch levers an arena so certain things from the environment can attack the opponent.

I'd like it if we could do "Test Your Might" to switch levers an arena so certain things from the environment can attack the opponent.

Would this be during the fight? I can't really imagine how that would work. It'd be fun to hav TYM back. Gives a break and adds a little fun if you can't break the stone lol.

Would this be during the fight? I can't really imagine how that would work. It'd be fun to hav TYM back. Gives a break and adds a little fun if you can't break the stone lol.

Yes it'll be in the fight. And while the player is trying to test his/her might, he/she must do it quickly enough before the opponent attacks him/her.

bring them back, MK1 style, sure. Dont forget test you SIGHT! lol

but seriously, dont need gimmicks. need a solid fighter.

Test your Might i think if it should come back should be a Bonus stage in the Arcade mode, allowing you to gain extra points added to your score if you win, but if you lose instead of losing points or just not getting any points you Player breaks his/her hand on the object they broke! i think that would add a funny moment to the game!

Well I don't really care for it. It was an okay distraction from the fighting but I don't see why it would be there. I'd rather be fighting really ;)

Test Your Might was so friggin awesome in the original and I actually would have rather seen it stay in the original. I never wanted to see it come back but I guess it was going to happen eventually.....it was something the original offered that made the original even more of a special game.

bring them back, MK1 style, sure. Dont forget test you SIGHT! lol

but seriously, dont need gimmicks. need a solid fighter.

The best part of test your sight was the little added detail the put in where Kenshi listened lmao that was so awesome.

test your might is cool its kinda like street fighters car and barrel stage i think they shud add it

They might as well use barrel and car stages. They have already borrowed quite a bit from Street Fighter for the new game (pre-fight poses, bottom meters, sticking with older characters); why not borrow more?

To be fair, video game developers can always learn from each other. SNK's Samurai Shodown had pre-fight poses for playable characters before SF Alpha. I'm surprised MK didn't adopt this earlier though, since it's became standard fare for fighting games for over 10 years.

Last edited:
you do realize it was in MK before, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlJ9AJPUqAo

HAH! Oh Tim, you and your passive aggressive put-downs of the less knowledgeable...though in this case completely appropriate.

Test your Might and Sight were great. I'd love to see them return. But only as between-match distractions, nothing game-altering like they were in MKvDC. Pre-fight poses are something I've wanted to see for a while as well as basically every other fighting franchise has adopted them, not just SF.

The bottom meters though, that I'll totally agree with Kurtis here, borrowed from Capcom straight up. While it's nothing new, as many fighters have included meters at this point, it was originally Capcoms contribution I believe. Still, we're so far removed from their origins in SF on the whole meters deal it's hardly fair to reference them as only an SF thing.