Will weapons be playable in MK (2011) ?

11coolguy12

just a simple question . i saw some attacks with weapons in the gameplay footage but no one actually took their weapon out and used it to attack them . so do you think/know there will be ?

just a simple question . i saw some attacks with weapons in the gameplay footage but no one actually took their weapon out and used it to attack them . so do you think/know there will be ?

I personally hope they dont bring back the weapons a seperate fighting style like they did in MKDA, MKD & MKA. But i think it is a great idea for characters that normally do have weapons to be incorporated in combos and what no, but NOT as a seperate style.

Character that should have weapon base combo attacks:
Sub-Zero- Form ice weapons
Scorpion- Kitana or Kunai spear
Kano- Butterfly knives/Raptor Dagger from Movie
Mileena- Sais
Baraka- His Blades
Kung Lao- His Hat
Kabal- Hooksword
Nightwolf- Tomahawks
K.Stryker- Gun or Taser
All these characters i can see having a Combo or grab that allows them to use there weapons, but thats it!

no, i hope not. looks like some characters have weapons as a part of their move set (Nightwolfs hatchets, Sub Zero's ice dagger thingy etc) but nothing like MK4, DA, etc

Weapons were good, not huge ones like Sub Zero had but don't want to see in MK9
If they have "auto-combo" weapons (like Kabal, Smoke and Scorpion do in UMK3), that's fine. But I'm pretty certain the topic starter is asking about weapons that actually stay in your hand and alter your basic move-set, similar to MK4 and beyond. Subby has a grab where he breaks off in his opponent's chest and it gets tossed. There's a world of difference.

Weapond will be used as special moves as far as I can see. And they are only for certain characters like Mileena, Kitana, Jade, Kano, and etc. I hope they do give Sonya some kind of firearm though.

I think they will, as they should, use the weapons as special moves. The way they did it in MKvsDCU worked really well but I don't think they'll do that again. If they do, I won't complain.

Weapons in this game will be used just like weapons in MK3 and it's rehashes. They'll be part of link combos, specials, and grapple moves. That's all.