Just Thinking..

Sub-Zero

So I'm doing some counting, because I'm bored. And I'm like "hey let's try to figure out who I think will be in the game coming next year." So I get my spreadsheet open and start typing, and not counting boss characters, and hoping my math is correct... There's only like 25 characters in the first three games, that's even counting secret characters.

So the 26 characters they're hoping for doesn't seem like they'd be leaving anyone out.

Also my math is only counting one sub zero, not two.. So that's an even 26...

Can anyone come up with a different number?

So I'm doing some counting, because I'm bored. And I'm like "hey let's try to figure out who I think will be in the game coming next year." So I get my spreadsheet open and start typing, and not counting boss characters, and hoping my math is correct... There's only like 25 characters in the first three games, that's even counting secret characters.

So the 26 characters they're hoping for doesn't seem like they'd be leaving anyone out.

Also my math is only counting one sub zero, not two.. So that's an even 26...

Can anyone come up with a different number?

Yeah I already did this on a a couple threads and there are 26 non boss characters. You must have missed one.
Konfirmed Characters
1. Johnny Cage
2. Kung Lao
3. Mileena
4. Nightwolf
5. Reptile
6. Scorpion
7. Sektor
8. Sub-Zero/ Noob
9. Raiden
10. Shang Tsung
Unkonfirmed Characters
11. Liu Kang
12. Baraka
13. Jax
14. Sonya
15. Kitana
16. Kano
17. Cyrax
18. Kabal
19. Sindel
20. Jade
21. Ermac
22. Sheeva
23. Stryker
24. Smoke
25. Rain
And depends on where the go with it.
26.Young Sub-Zero
or maybe kill the one from the trailer and turn him into
26. Noob Saibot

Yeah I already did this on a a couple threads and there are 26 non boss characters. You must have missed one.
Konfirmed Characters
1. Johnny Cage
2. Kung Lao
3. Mileena
4. Nightwolf
5. Reptile
6. Scorpion
7. Sektor
8. Sub-Zero/ Noob
9. Raiden
10. Shang Tsung
Unkonfirmed Characters
11. Liu Kang
12. Baraka
13. Jax
14. Sonya
15. Kitana
16. Kano
17. Cyrax
18. Kabal
19. Sindel
20. Jade
21. Ermac
22. Sheeva
23. Stryker
24. Smoke
25. Rain
26.Young Sub-Zero
26. Noob Saibot

It's good to know my top 3 fighters (Kitana, Mileena, and Jade) will most likely make it in the roster.

Konfirmed Characters
1. Johnny Cage
2. Kung Lao
3. Mileena
4. Nightwolf
5. Reptile
6. Scorpion
7. Sektor
8. Sub-Zero/ Noob
9. Raiden
10. Shang Tsung
Unkonfirmed Characters
11. Liu Kang
12. Baraka
13. Jax
14. Sonya
15. Kitana
16. Kano
17. Cyrax
18. Kabal
19. Sindel
20. Jade
21. Ermac
22. Sheeva
23. Stryker
24. Smoke
25. Rain
26.Young Sub-Zero
26. Noob Saibot

Im liking your list but i think you can take out #22 Sheeva. For some reason i dont think she would look right in the game. But anyway u take her out and you can add Young Sub-Zero with one slot left over. If Anything, if they decide to keep Classic Sub-Zero and also decide to do Alt. costume, Noob Saibot will his Alt. still leaving 1 slot open.
So lets not Forget Quan Chi. He had an important role in the MK series before he was introduced in MK4! IM JUST SAYING!

I say Quan Chi has a good chance and its just a list of every character from the first 3. I personally think you can take off 2 of those because after seeing how the bottom 2 slot are kind of off set with random and dlc they will be unlockable boss characters. Still it is quite a coincidence that they said it will be characters from the first 3 and there just so happens to be 26 characters and 26 slots.

I really hope Sub-Zero(younger) THE Sub-Zero makes it into the game. I will even take him as an alternate costume. I just want him in the game to know that he's going to survive. The worst thing that could happen would be to turn him into a cyborg.

It's interesting though that there are only 26 characters and there are 26 character slots. I think Shao Kahn will probably end up playable though, either him or most likely Goro. I don't know if I see Sheeva being added or not but she may be downloadable later. This list gives me hope that Rain and Ermac will be in the game though. They haven't used Rain to his full potential.

At this point I'm baffled period at who will end up in the game. I hate this concept anyway of re-writing the story. So many characters that I love will be killed. I think some of the characters from the 3D games should survive. I think Kenshi, Nitara, Mavado, Reiko, Tonya, and Kira should all be brought back into the story. Those characters to me had so much potential for good stories.

I really hope Sub-Zero(younger) THE Sub-Zero makes it into the game. I will even take him as an alternate costume. I just want him in the game to know that he's going to survive. The worst thing that could happen would be to turn him into a cyborg.

It's interesting though that there are only 26 characters and there are 26 character slots. I think Shao Kahn will probably end up playable though, either him or most likely Goro. I don't know if I see Sheeva being added or not but she may be downloadable later. This list gives me hope that Rain and Ermac will be in the game though. They haven't used Rain to his full potential.

At this point I'm baffled period at who will end up in the game. I hate this concept anyway of re-writing the story. So many characters that I love will be killed. I think some of the characters from the 3D games should survive. I think Kenshi, Nitara, Mavado, Reiko, Tonya, and Kira should all be brought back into the story. Those characters to me had so much potential for good stories.

I dont think any of the Shokan warriors (Goro, Kintaro & Sheeva) will be playbale character, not saying they wont be in the game at all, i just see them meshing into well with the game mechaninc. i mean i bet they will look awesome but somnething tells me they just wont fit in with the fighting mechanics. Ed Boon did say that this is the FASTEST MK game yet and to be honest those characters are Slow compared to the regular fight kast. (But in there defense the Shokan are quite agile for for there size!)

Well jsut bc you favorite characters like the one mentioned in you post arent going to be playable, doesnt mean they wont Cameo in the game one way or another.
In the Pit II- In the Background you have Daegon vs Taven or Kenshi
In the Shao Kahn Arena- You have Li Mei and Kira chained up. (Kano and Sonya were orignally chained up)
So im sure alot of character will make a Cameo!

There won't be two Sub-Zero's in the rooster, this isn't UMK3. I'm thinking the original Sub-Zero will be the alternative costume for Sub-Zero and then we'll have Noob Saibot as a separate character. Or maybe the young Sub-Zero will never come into play :eek:

shang tsung was never confirmed ! plus i think that some characters like kenshi , tanya and quan chi may be in it .

There won't be two Sub-Zero's in the rooster, this isn't UMK3. I'm thinking the original Sub-Zero will be the alternative costume for Sub-Zero and then we'll have Noob Saibot as a separate character. Or maybe the young Sub-Zero will never come into play :eek:

Yea but Nic-V weren't you the one who posted the stuff on Hector Sanchez saying that it was the original Sub-Zero we were seeing in the trailer? So that would mean he won't be the alternate costume and the younger Sub-Zero would have to be the alternate costume? Or do you think Hector might have been trying to throw people off and it was younger Sub Zero before the scar? Because afterall the most noticeable difference is younger Sub-Zero has blue eyes just like the one we saw. The original has brown, then again the people working on MK could have just forgotten that small character trait.

Yea but Nic-V weren't you the one who posted the stuff on Hector Sanchez saying that it was the original Sub-Zero we were seeing in the trailer? So that would mean he won't be the alternate costume and the younger Sub-Zero would have to be the alternate costume? Or do you think Hector might have been trying to throw people off and it was younger Sub Zero before the scar? Because afterall the most noticeable difference is younger Sub-Zero has blue eyes just like the one we saw. The original has brown, then again the people working on MK could have just forgotten that small character trait.

It's an easy character trait to over look. then again something might have happened in the story to explain it. It's hard to tell and personally it's fun not to know.

It's an easy character trait to over look. then again something might have happened in the story to explain it. It's hard to tell and personally it's fun not to know.

I agree there is so much we want to know before the games release but at the same time having secrecy keeps the excitement

these will be the players
mortal-kombat-trilogy-lucha.jpg

26 of em

MK1 Characters Playable
Liu Kang, Sonya Blade, Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Kano(7)

MK1 Characters Secret
Reptile, Ermac(I always include him here because that's really where he was born.(2)

MK2 Characters Playable
Kung Lao, Mileena, Kitana, Jax, Baraka, Shang Tsung(6)

MK2 Characters Secret
Jade, Smoke, Noob Saibot(3)

MK3 Characters Playable
Sindel, Sheeva, Kabal, Nightwolf, Cyrax, Sektor, Stryker(7)

MK3 Characters Secret
None I haven't mentioned...

I hope all that is correct lol

Now I guess if you're counting UMK3 then you have Rain to add in, but until that there's only 25.. So I guess it would be 26 because I'm sure those games are all added in together.

So really, there's just one character who's not making the cut... Because with Rain it's 26, and that's not counting the younger Sub-Zero who makes it 27...

If we're going by people who are the least important to the storyline, we're thinking of people like Sheeva, Stryker, Noob Saibot(only because in the time frame we're talking he really was just a character in the game to try and beat), and Rain.. Who I'm not even sure what his real story is at all in MK3 story other than like a general in Kahn's army.. Or was that the movie? I have no clue lol

Oh and all this "Sub-Zero should be Sub-Zero's alternate costume" talk has me rolling my eyes.. Come on. That's something you do to a crappy character like Mokap.. Both of those Sub-Zero's are WAY too important to this games timeline to just be a alternate costume. They will think of something, and it will be amazing. But it won't be that.

Oh and all this "Sub-Zero should be Sub-Zero's alternate costume" talk has me rolling my eyes.. Come on. That's something you do to a crappy character like Mokap.. Both of those Sub-Zero's are WAY too important to this games timeline to just be a alternate costume. They will think of something, and it will be amazing. But it won't be that.

What would you honestly suggest though. I would take that as opposed to younger Sub-Zero being turned into a refrigerator. I'm fearing for Sub-Zero so bad because I'm afraid they are going to turn it so that Smoke escapes or something. Some people are up in arms that Smoke was turned into a robot but really were would his story have went if he wasn't. I could take him staying human as long as they don't turn younger Subz cyborg.

I mean really a robot that freezes things? They might as well name him Kenmore appliance. I like things to be secretive as much as the next person, but I also don't think they should keep people waiting for characters as important as younger Sub-Zero. I think it would be amazing to see the original die and then enter young Sub-Zero. We've never really see him die graphically. I like Noob as well though and that's why I am not a fan of messing with their storyline at all. In fact how would changing that really effect Armageddon at all? Raiden is going back to stop Armageddon how would changing this storyline effect that?

What would you honestly suggest though. I would take that as opposed to younger Sub-Zero being turned into a refrigerator. I'm fearing for Sub-Zero so bad because I'm afraid they are going to turn it so that Smoke escapes or something. Some people are up in arms that Smoke was turned into a robot but really were would his story have went if he wasn't. I could take him staying human as long as they don't turn younger Subz cyborg.

I mean really a robot that freezes things? They might as well name him Kenmore appliance. I like things to be secretive as much as the next person, but I also don't think they should keep people waiting for characters as important as younger Sub-Zero. I think it would be amazing to see the original die and then enter young Sub-Zero. We've never really see him die graphically. I like Noob as well though and that's why I am not a fan of messing with their storyline at all. In fact how would changing that really effect Armageddon at all? Raiden is going back to stop Armageddon how would changing this storyline effect that?

Okay so its clear we want sub zero and its clear we prefer him being good to being a bad guy. Either way for all that this is my idea.

There was a breif time that scorpion thought the younger was the older until he saw the younger spare someones life. That's all you need to change to set the dominos in motion.

Scorpion sees sub zero and is oblivious to the true identity and fights him(let's think Troy here when hector kills patroclus.) Scorpion kills younger and puts older sub zero on a whole new path of revenge and in the time during his revenge filled life he realizes that perhaps this was the elder gods way of punishing him for being a bad dude.

So from that point on he swears to avenge his brother while helping the good in their ways.

This not only revives the scorpion sub zero feud but gives us a fresh breath of air in our opinion of sub zero.
Sent from my Moment while I should be working...

"Younger" Sub-Zero, or bust.

The older Sub-Zero had a role in one game; that's it. Otherwise, he's been a hidden character the whole time. Keep the younger, relevant Sub-Zero.

Then again, the whole "story" is very convoluted as it is, so I wouldn't be surprised if the "older" Sub-Zero was a dominant character.