TRMK Prelim-Tournament #1 *DONE*

Havik

Okay, tommorow, at 9PM EST, 8 CST, there will be the first TRMK tournament. I also believe that it will be the first tournament held by any MK site that I know of. Here is the listings of who will fight who. I randomly made these up btw.

Havik (KUNGLAO) VS wonch (WONCH)

RR (-BONES-) VS jgreenwo (JGREENWO)

adullboy (ADB) VS jmills (jmills)

subscorptile (SUBSCORP) VS kenshiforever (KHA0S) [the "0" is a zero]

Please add everyone to your friends list, and be sure to be on. I will open up the room a bit earlyer, and just hang out in there for about 10 mins.

ROOM NAME: TRMK
PASSWORD: ORG

*you can use more than one character, rounds will be random, death traps will be on, and NO CHEATING! MK people ban cheaters now.

Good luck to everyone, practice up, and lets hope we have one hell of a first tournament!

Jeff Greeson said:
Let me know how this thing goes. We're listening.
Sure, no problem. If everyone comes I know it will be a shit load of fun. Thank you for making this a sticky btw ^^.

jgreenwo said:
Is this going to be single or double elimination?

good question, what will be the plan for the second round, etc?

if we are being democratic about it, i'd vote for double, but would still participate gladly if its going to be single.

I have constructed a double elimination bracket. I don't know if you'll really be able to see it very well, but it will work for us if you guys want to use it.

Bracket.jpg

Nice tournament brackets jgreenwo :).

We're working on a HTML version of that.

BTW, I think you guys are missing one major detail....How many games are you playing? Best of 7 - (First to four)? or Best of 5 (first to 3)?

Man it is too bad that we cannot watch the status of battles while in a room or even spectate in them. We threw out these ideas at Boon back at E3 but he shrugged us off, saying he'll look into it if the GameSpy tech supported it.

Want to go best out of 3 or 5 rounds? 7 or more might be a little too long. Also, if everyone could get on TRMK or be in the TRMK room (on mk) a bit before the fighting starts, that would be great.

3 out of 5 is perfect, me think! I will probably be online around 7:30 east.So I'll be there early you can always challenge me if you want before the tourney starts. i usally hang out in beginner room. :roll:

Jeff Greeson said:
We're working on a HTML version of that.

That would be sweet, because I don't think I'm going to make a bracket for every tournament.

Also, best 3 out of 5 moves on to next round sounds good!

I say keep with the standard of 3 rounds to a fight is the tournament double elimination ? Also im I the only one with a mic ?

jmills said:
I say keep with the standard of 3 rounds to a fight is the tournament double elimination ? Also im I the only one with a mic ?
I know ADB and I have one....at least.