What would be a good offer for an MK 1 machine?

Lunchbox

There's a very good quality MK1 machine in a local laundromat. What I'm wanting to do is buy their MK1 machine from them, and I think I could get it from them for cheap. What I want to know is how much would be a good offer to give them, for a machine that no one seems to play. It's it good condition, everything works, etc.

Also, how easy is it to hook up boards for MK2/3/UMK3/4?

Also, how easy is it to hook up boards for MK2/3/UMK3/4?
i have a MK1 arcade cab and i placed a MK2 Challenger edition board inside.
the kick harnass was different than the MK1 one and the MK2 board has a different soundboard.
i also have a UMK3 board and for that you need also the kick harness and 2 run buttons because those aren't on a MK1 control panel.
The sound seems onboard the pcb so no loose sound board.

There's a very good quality MK1 machine in a local laundromat. What I'm wanting to do is buy their MK1 machine from them, and I think I could get it from them for cheap. What I want to know is how much would be a good offer to give them, for a machine that no one seems to play. It's it good condition, everything works, etc.

i'd start out @ $400 imo

Cheapest I've seen them on Ebay for is like 200 and up.. I'd probably say if you have to pay between 500-1000 you're getting a deal.

400 is a definitely a good starting point, good luck if you get it!

There are no standards in dealing with old arcade games. I have seen shitty non-dedicated cabs go for $500+. I only payed $250 for this gem. I say start low.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
always start low...or check your local craigslist and see what they run there...on craigslist you can make better deals especially on arcade machines...not everyone is looking to buy one

Id say start at 200...Theres a good chance they bought that machine well over 5 years ago, Meaning they might not know its value, If he doesnt take it, Break out the big guns and offer 4-500.