Create a Fatality

Re: New finishers.

You're starting to sound like Nasty_Freak.

OT:

It should be, per character:

2 Fatalities
1 Stage fatality
1 Babality or Friendship
1 Brutality

5 finisher possibilities for characters is enough, IMO.

How about 3 Fatalities per character instead of just 2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

How about 3 Fatalities per character instead of just 2?

3 Fatalities is fine.
Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile had 3 fatalities in MK9, so why not?
2 NEW fatalities + 1 klassic fatality sounds good.

As long as it's not Sexuality, Genderbendality or whatever other sexualized-based -ality.

3 Fatalities is fine.
Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile had 3 fatalities in MK9, so why not?
2 NEW fatalities + 1 klassic fatality sounds good.

As long as it's not Sexuality, Genderbendality or whatever other sexualized-based -ality.

I've been SCREAMING for 3 per character since 1996. Shang Tsung had 3 in MKII (and that was the first game with 2 per character). Liu Kang had 3 in MK3/UMK3/MKT if you take his Animality, which has historically been counted as a Fatality, into account. Scorpion had 3 in the N64 port of Trilogy, and Johnny Cage had 3 across 2 different ports of the same game (he had 2 in each port, but his second fatality was a different one in both ports).

Shang Tsung's Kintaro morph was more of an easter egg, and Scorpion's 2nd Toasty was more of Midway saying "Here's an easy way to do the fatality so that people don't b****," but yeah, I know what you mean.

You're starting to sound like Nasty_Freak.

OT:

It should be, per character:

2 Fatalities
1 Stage fatality
1 Babality or Friendship
1 Brutality

5 finisher possibilities for characters is enough, IMO.

No one should mention my name without my consent or if I haven't said anything in a thread.

But I do agree with your finisher ideas.

This time Friendships and Brutalities should be present. Babalities can be shelved away.

Animalities should just be fatalities and be given to a select few such as Liu Kang (Dragon), Nitara (Bat), Ashrah (Dove), and etc.

I still want Mileena to be that "MANeater" and Jade to be "Vlad the Impaler" with my fatality ideas.

I'd want Tanya to be that "Lorena Bobbit" but there will be female victims as well so forget it. I'll just want her to use her tonfa blades to cut her victims vertically in half.

Up to 3 fatalities for each character plus Friendships, Brutalities, and Stage Fatalities is good actually.

We should forget about MKT Animalities because most don't fit the characters! Especially that damn monkey for Reptile? WTF?!

Not Reptile's fault the snake was taken by Shang Tsung, but you could argue that the snake was more fitting of Shang due to the fact that snakes are associated with deception. And shame on Sheeva for stealing the Animality that rightfully belongs to SCORPION!

Not Reptile's fault the snake was taken by Shang Tsung, but you could argue that the snake was more fitting of Shang due to the fact that snakes are associated with deception. And shame on Sheeva for stealing the Animality that rightfully belongs to SCORPION!

Agreed 100% with this.
I thought Scorpion's MK4 Animality was the best one of all.
Reptile could still have used a Komodo Dragon for his Animality or even a Raptor, IMO.
Stryker's T-Rex would have been more fitting to Reptile too.

Reptile could've been a rattlesnake...I mean cobras and rattlers are apples to oranges enough for that to work.

Friendships should return. But i don't feel like brutalities should. They were kinda dull and boring and really hard to do.
Babalities should go away too. I had enough of babies already. They should be replaced with another humorous finisher.

Come on now! MK9's Babalities were cool! In fact, I did a complete 180 on Babalities because of them!

And bring back the Hara Kiris. I like both players being in a race to see who does the finisher first, and I like being able to rob the winner of the satisfaction of finishing me off.

Animalities were retarded and should never be brought back on a wide basis.
Liu Kang, Shang Tsung and MAYBE Reptile/Scorpion/Nightwolf are the only ones who should be able to transform into an animal/beast.

As for returning finishers, I really feel like Mercy's would be a great addition. Truly humiliate your opponent by giving them a second chance. If you win, you get double koins or maybe even the ability to do a seperate -ality without the required conditions. Like you can preform a Babality by either not blocking the final round, OR by preforming a Mercy and beating them again. But if they make the comeback the announcer destroys you with one of Mortal Kombat's signature soul crushing laughs as the words "HUMILIATION" explode onto the screen

Spoiler:

Friendships also need to make a return. I've always liked them more than Babalities.
I just picture Cyrax or Sektor walking up to the opponent menacingly, opening their chests to reveal a speaker and then breakdancing to the MK3 streets music :laugh:

Spoiler:

Oh yeah that damn Sheeva taking the scorpion morph too!!!

But Shang Tsung is the only person who can morph into ANYTHING and anyone since that's what he always does.

Come on now! MK9's Babalities were cool! In fact, I did a complete 180 on Babalities because of them!

And bring back the Hara Kiris. I like both players being in a race to see who does the finisher first, and I like being able to rob the winner of the satisfaction of finishing me off.

I'm with you 100% on Babalities, given that MK9 revived them with unique animations, and not just a random baby sitting on the floor.
As for Hara-Kiri's, I never really cared for them because it felt like the loser was also being rewarded.
Finishing moves, in my humble opinion, should be for the winner.
I would be more in favor of a Hara-Kiri / suicide finisher, if the winner input the code, and the loser killed him / her self.

Animalities were retarded and should never be brought back on a wide basis.
Liu Kang, Shang Tsung and MAYBE Reptile/Scorpion/Nightwolf are the only ones who should be able to transform into an animal/beast.

THIS!!!
100%
I know that you and I usually don't see eye to eye on a lot of stuff, but this makes the most sense.

Scorpion - Turn into a Scorpion (MK4)
Liu Kang - Turn into a Dragon (MKII, MK4, MK9)
Reptile - Turn into a Reptilian creature
Nightwolf - Turn into a werewolf or wolf-like beast

They should also just be a 3rd character fatality, and be called a "Fatality" as Scorpion's was in MK4.

Animalities (labeled as FATALITIES):

Liu Kang: Dragon
Nightwolf: Wolf
Scorpion: Scorpion
Nitara: Bat
Shang Tsung: Anything (As long as it isn't stupid.) A snake is probably still good for him.
Reptile: T-Rex
Khameleon: Apatosaurus
Ashrah: Dove
Tanya: Cheetah (Maybe she can since she does love playing with magic.)
Sindel: Queen Bee (Obviously)

Tanya and Sindel are the only female Edenians that should have Animalities. The other female Edenians are fine without Animalities.

Animalities (labeled as FATALITIES):

Liu Kang: Dragon
Nightwolf: Wolf
Scorpion: Scorpion
Nitara: Bat
Shang Tsung: Anything (As long as it isn't stupid.) A snake is probably still good for him.
Reptile: T-Rex
Khameleon: Apatosaurus
Ashrah: Dove
Tanya: Cheetah (Maybe she can since she does love playing with magic.)
Sindel: Queen Bee (Obviously)

Tanya and Sindel are the only female Edenians that should have Animalities. The other female Edenians are fine without Animalities.

Giving animal morph fatalities to even that few a number of characters opens the door to the return of Animalities. Just leave that shit exclusively to Liu Kang's Dragon and you keep that can of worms closed.

Scorpion's Scorpion and Reptile's Reptile would also be awesome too.
It's in their name.

Scorpion's Scorpion and Reptile's Reptile would also be awesome too.
It's in their name.

I'm telling you, if you expand animal morph fatalities beyond Liu Kang's iconic Dragon fatality, even by an inch, that can of worms known as the Animality will be opened, and before long, it'll be MK3 all over again.

Not really. Scorpion had the last 'Animality' in MK4 and then nobody had one since.

Although it would probably be better for Scorpion to summon a giant scorpion than actually become one. Same for Reptile. Reptile owns those giant snakes as seen in Shaolin Monks and Armageddon that he could summon.

Last edited: