Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
armageddon one is jst too epic! , never saw the shaolin monks one before! thats realli awesome!

Having re-watched all these, MK2 still gives me goose bumps and makes me put a quarter into the machine, but Shaolin Monks is the best of the new more "Cinematic" intro because it packs so many intense fight scenes into 4 short minutes.

it's like you read my mind. my friend and i where discussing what the best game intro for any game we have played, we both agreed without a doubt it was shaolin monks. he isn't even a big mk fan. there is just so much action in such a small amount of time. you can pretty much sum up what mk is all about from that intro. also, every time i fire up mk2 i watch the intro, some how to this day it gets me pumped to play.

i loved MKII. but deadly alliance, armageddon, and shaolin monks are all toss ups for me, but i voted deception.

I'm gonna have to give my vote to Mortal Kombat II strictly for nostalgia purposes..... there was nothing like hearing that music when you first walked into the arcade it was like it was calling to you telling you where you needed to be.

I voted Armageddon, because it gave the impression that it was actually going to be a good game. ;)

Man this is a hard choice.

MK Shaolin Monks is a game I love and the intro was a fantastic fleshing out of the bridge between MK1 and 2. MK Deception was incredibly well-produced, to the point where I'd rewatch it every so often (even if I hated Shang Tsung losing to Quan Chi). Armageddon took the production of the Deception intro and made it even crazier, and the time from when Shao Kahn starts to whoop ass to the slow reveal of Zombie Liu Kang was my favorite part of any intro EXCEPT...

The best is without a doubt Deadly Alliance. That's the one that turned everything on its ear and completely changed the status quo for the story. MK4 sort of made an attempt to change the story up but it didn't really feel like that much was different...DA delivered the most memorable surprise of the entire series. Liu Kang getting knocked off before the game even starts was probably the most shocking thing I've ever seen in any video game story (from a series I care about, anyway).

I never owned MKII I was just playing in the SNES of a friend. I voted DA, cause of the schock value, not only of Shao Kahn "Oh, he is still alive then? Oh, not..." and Liu Kang's death (finally), but also of the impovement of the graffics.

MKII is still great however.
UMK3 I don't like, but I have a secret love for MK3:
The psx intro for MK4, the so called comercial was awesome.
MKD had great story though the video per se is more imformative than great.
SM is a stupid game, and the video alone is contradicting established story, so though impressive, still stupid for me.
MKA was interesting the first time I saw, mostly cause I thought it was just a compilation game but I recalized there is a story behind it.

Just finding out that Raiden and the Forces of Light had lost for once and Raiden being the last hope makes MK:D take the cake for me.

Personally I would add Mythologies to the mix.
I cannot understand why people do not like the game, but I would vote for it for the expansion of the storyline only. Plus seeing actors was so impresive at the time.

Shaolin Monks, but Armageddon comes second.

Mortal Kombat 9's intro video was rather boring.

The intro Shaolin Monks I like a lot, but something like Armageddon never expected to see it. All characters fighting against each other in a sequence so well directed it is too epic.

Personally I would add Mythologies to the mix.
I cannot understand why people do not like the game, but I would vote for it for the expansion of the storyline only. Plus seeing actors was so impresive at the time.
They don't like it because of the controls, and little imagination behind the backgrounds and enemies. That's why.
I mean backgrounds and enimeies should be memorable. There are couple of guys who were interesting, but most of them not so much.

Armageddon, Shaolin Monks, Mythologies - all 3 are equal on my list of entrances. I'll go with Monks, since this game was far better than the other two.

Personally I loved Deception, but Shaolin Monks is very close to it as well!

MK vs DC's was almost non-existent, and although I loved MK2's intro, I never really found MK3's to be memorable. Hell, I don't remember the "intro" actually being right there in your face when you turned the game on like MK2's was. All I remember is Trilogy's boring Goro's Lair intro with text scrolling down the screen.