new Ideas for mortal kombat 9.

edzilla551

my ideas
1. Make it more realistic sort of like virtua fighter and give each character a unique fighting style.

2. i think they can try to make even the weapon fighting(if they return) simmilar to soul calibre 4.

3. they should make the fatalites really violent but more realistic and believable but of course still disgusting!!

4. the konquest mode should have one of the main characters playable such as sub zero or scorpion(my favouries) and they can keep it simmilar to mka which i enjoyed but add and improve on it.

5. lastly they should make a better multiplayer which i think there taking care of anyway.

thnx for reading, let me kwow what you guys think!

1. If the MK vs. DCU engine is any indication of the series' game play future, then specific fighting styles are gone from the Mortal Kombat games.

2. Perhaps, but the weapon styles in the last few games are fine, too. The only thing I'd really like to see return (assuming weapons return) is impalement for some characters/weapons; Deadly Alliance had that function, and it was fun to watch/fight the opponent while they were bleeding out and losing.

3. A little believability would be nice, but to be fair, most Mortal Kombat fatalities haven't exactly had a history of being exactly realistic. I mean, Liu Kang used to turn into a dragon and consume the opponent... and Jax grew up to 20-feet tall and stepped on his opponent.

4. I personally dig new characters leading the Konquests.

5. You should be very happy with the final result for multi player. Online Play has received the most focus in development, according to various posts from Team MK.

Ah, but while there were some mythical sources for fatalities in MK1 and 2 there were no outright ridiculous ones like Jax's giant boot until MK3. When I clamor for more "realistic" fatalities in MK what I mean is that they aren't obviously comical and exaggerated. Sure Liu Kang turned into a dragon, sure Scorpion breathes fire, sure Kung Lao cut somebody in half with his hat...but that's not squishing somebody with a giant boot, lighting your farts on fire, or kicking somebody's torso out and leaving the limbs spinning in air. To quote a famous saying, "I can't tell you what it is but I know it when I see it".

heres my idea for MK9

1: leave it to the professionals

2: stop suggesting ideas on a game thats already in development.

3: they know what they're doing, so yeah stop suggesting.

PS- seriously

My biggest fears about the upcoming games is the possible removal of unique fighting styles and the possibility of degrading the games fatalities such as the farts and head rips! (We've seen that a dozen times). That's it for me, I believe that everything else will come into play very nicely!

I agree with the idea of focusing on a major established character for Konquest mode. Whojinko?

Scronpian, chill man, it's a forum, free for people to discuss creative thought.

It would be cool if they did what namco did with soulcalibur IV . Instead of Cutting out all the characters for other brand characters, have all characters (well not all of them) and one character for each console, and then put up the character from the other console as dlc, just like they did with yoda and darth vader.

I personally would like to see one hand to hand and one weapon fighting style for each character. The weapon styles could be simular to those found in Soulcalibur 4. As for the fatalaties, I would like to see the darker and more violent stuff. Now, lets talk soundtrack. I think that the composed in house stuff is cool but, with me being a metal fan I would LOVE to see an all metal licensed soundtrack. This soundtrack could feature all new music from bands such as Disturbed, Slayer, Slipknot, Iced Earth, Judas Priest, Godsmack and many other bands from other metal genres. Give me your thoughts on this idea. IF there are any metal heads on here such as myself feel free to either reply on this forum or, send me a private message telling me your thoughts. I have yet another idea. Bring back Johnny Cage and give him his nut punch. That would be sick!

I personally would like to see one hand to hand and one weapon fighting style for each character. The weapon styles could be simular to those found in Soulcalibur 4. As for the fatalaties, I would like to see the darker and more violent stuff. Now, lets talk soundtrack. I think that the composed in house stuff is cool but, with me being a metal fan I would LOVE to see an all metal licensed soundtrack. This soundtrack could feature all new music from bands such as Disturbed, Slayer, Slipknot, Iced Earth, Judas Priest, Godsmack and many other bands from other metal genres. Give me your thoughts on this idea. IF there are any metal heads on here such as myself feel free to either reply on this forum or, send me a private message telling me your thoughts. I have yet another idea. Bring back Johnny Cage and give him his nut punch. That would be sick!

1. No more weapons

2. Disturbed and Godsmack arent metal

3. no more Johnny Cage PLEASE

MK used to be the worst game you could buy when it first game out, when it comes to blood and gore. It needs to reclaim that. It would be cool if it went in a god of warish style in terms of fatalities, maybe show bewbs, but mainly the blood and crazy ways to kill someone. But id also like it to move into a 2.5D style much like SFIV. IDK, i know that wouldnt appeal to kids, but it sure as hell would get me excited! This is a new generation, and MK needs to step into it.

I agree MK needs to come into this generation with a bang. I'd like to see God fo Warish fatalaties and a 2.5D effect like in SF4. That would be nice. They could bring back the high punch, high kick, low punch, low kick and run buttons along with the block button. This game was meant for adults and it should stay that way. As for a soundtrack, I would like to see an all metal one. What bands do you guys think would be good if they did that?

I agree MK needs to come into this generation with a bang. I'd like to see God fo Warish fatalaties and a 2.5D effect like in SF4. That would be nice. They could bring back the high punch, high kick, low punch, low kick and run buttons along with the block button.

Dude, the only button they got rid of beyond MK4 was Run. I swear, in reading some of the nostalgic posts here, you'd think Mortal Kombat abandoned everything that made it what it was.

Random attacks 1-4 and a series of high and low punches and kicks are clearly pretty different. Even if you usually end up with two buttons that kick and two that punch, the positions are altered and special moves often have inconsistent inputs. Block button aside, it's like comparing MK's layout to SNK's; they're vaguely similar yet still not entirely the same. You could make the argument that they didn't really get rid of any buttons and simply moved them around to make them do different things, but if you're going to say that, you might as well just concede that they dropped them entirely.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing the return of the classic layout. I do like having a better idea of what the button I press is going to do before I press it.

I personally would like to see Tremor and some new colored ninjas. If Scorpion is to return I think he should have his foul mouth from MK Shaolin Monks. What ideas do you guys think would be good? As for the fatalaties, I think they should be more vilent and gorier than ever before.

ya an all metal soundtrack would be great. and i dont mean that rock crap like godsmack, im talking like cannibal corpse. we need music that will match the brutality that were expecting in the game. i dont know about the 2.5D thing because we just know they wont do that. it would be a step backwards instead of forward. this game better be so violent that its like on the news. they better ID me when i go to buy it. another thing is that they better have at least 2 boss characters and none of that noob smoke crap.