Any advice on how to pull off fatalities in Deception?

Indigo

I know the fatalities, but I'm entering the combinations either too quickly or to slowly (and yes, I'm in the Fatality stance). How do you guys pull off fatalities?

I don't recall having much, if any, trouble with those fatalities. All I can really offer as advice is to experiment with different distances. If I recall correctly, some may have required you to be close, far, or somewhere in between, as oppose to just allowing you to do them anywhere. You shouldn't have to input them particularly fast, either.

Google strategy guides for the fatalities, as they usually indicate where you need to be for each character's fatality. I never had any trouble with Deception's fatalities, or any of the other 3D games for that matter. Quite frankly, I find fatalities much easier to perform on 3D than 2D.

I too found fatalities far simpler to perform in Deception and Deadly Alliance. I think it's the fatality stance. Though they brought back distances for Deception which I hate...still, I can't remember having trouble. My advice is, use the D-Pad because I could never get them to work with the analog stick.

Well yeah, if he's using the analog stick, then that explains everything! I hadn't thought about that. Is that what you're using, Indigo?

Also, I finally discovered the greatness of Chess Kombat a couple of weeks ago. I had done everything else in the game except for Chess, which for some reason, I never had much interest in doing. It's fantastic.

It occurs to me that if you're running the game on, say, a 360 instead of the original Xbox, you're just having the same problems everyone else has with that D-pad. Still, you'd expect to have pulled one off even accidentally by now.

Well yea I wasn't thinking he'd play it on the 360. PS2, Gamecube, anything's better than that D-pad.

Also yes Kurtis, it is fantastic that you have discovered Kombat Chess. I know I've said it before, but I played more of Kombat Chess than almost anything else. Also the betting Koin glitch worked wonders with it.

I'm using the D-pad on the PS2 controller, yet my character just does a punch or something, almost NEVER the actual fatality (I suspect the problem is distances).

Does your fatality instruction list have the accurate distances for each one?

The only thing I can never pull off is a Hara Kiri.

FINALLY figured it out. The FAQ I was using had mid-range listed, when this site had mid-range listed as sweep. Thanks for all the assistance anyhow.

New problem: I cannot mother****ing pull off the style-branch combos in Konquest (I'm stuck on the Kori Blade section of Lin Kuei training). Any advice?

There's very little advice to be given other than remember not to mash the inputs because that leads to accidental hits when you don't want them. There's a rhythm to it that simply takes practice to learn. You could also watch some videos on youtube, that could help you get the timing.

When I was having trouble with some of the longer style branch combos circa Deadly Alliance, I know it helped me to just look down at the controller instead of watching what's happening on screen. May not work for you, but my problem at the time was the delay in the character's reaction time after you hit a button.

FINALLY figured it out. The FAQ I was using had mid-range listed, when this site had mid-range listed as sweep. Thanks for all the assistance anyhow.

i thought as long as you were on the fatality "style", distance doesn't matter?

When I was having trouble with some of the longer style branch combos circa Deadly Alliance, I know it helped me to just look down at the controller instead of watching what's happening on screen. May not work for you, but my problem at the time was the delay in the character's reaction time after you hit a button.

That seems to be the solution (FINALLY got through Earthrealm. Now I can struggle with Ashrah's training. :_mad:

Thanks all for the assistance though. Easily one of the most helpful forums I've ever seen.:mrgreen:

That's because we're awesome, we're experts, and we're not idiots (mostly). The button link combo system used by the MKDA trilogy is something a lot of people I know have said they dislike. So know you're not alone in the trouble you're having with it.