Midway Arcade Classics 2 for GameCube

Kurtis Stryker

Until today, I wasn't aware that arcade-perfect emulations of MK2&3 were released for home consoles. The package looks like a great deal, and I'm planning to buy it pretty soon. However, I was wondering if any of you have the Game Cube version, and what you thought of the Game Cube game play for MK2&3?

I just wish they would put MK2-MK3-MK4 on one disk, digitally remastered, and online. Sorry couldn't answer your question though.

Until today, I wasn't aware that arcade-perfect emulations of MK2&3 were released for home consoles. The package looks like a great deal, and I'm planning to buy it pretty soon. However, I was wondering if any of you have the Game Cube version, and what you thought of the Game Cube game play for MK2&3?

lmao @ "arcade perfect"...

No port brought to any home console has been "perfect", with the MKII for PS3 being the closest.

Midway Arcades Treasures MK ports had to be squeezed down, thus sacrificing things with physics, AI and graphics limiting the ports on those discs (the MK1 on MKD KE, MKII on MK:SM and UMK3 on MKA KE are also involved here as well). Lazy emulation job = shitty port, period.

FYI, the gameplay on all 5 different version of MAT is the same, the MK:SM is the same port on the MAT, and the port of MK1 on the MKD KE is the same found on the PSP MAT, and they are not good at all. PLAYABLE, but FAR from perfect.

UMK3 on the PS2 MKA KE is an abomination. Its the worst port of a MK game I have ever played, and should be burned in a fire ASAP.

Even worse than the watered down version of MK3 ported to the Gameboy advance? Or the MKDA port to handhelds?

tim is right, from all mat versions, mat:de is the best, and the worst are mat: ep and the gamecube version

yeah, I was a little disapointed in the quality . but if you're just lookin to play the classics then I would reccomend any of em. the game cube version was pretty much the same as the rest ,I bought it a few years back . flawed? yes perfect? no . but a fun romp down memory lane? you bet ur :_evil:ass.

Which is exactly why I bought a MK arcade cabinet. Playing flawed ports is more infuriating than fun.

The GCN version would probably be the worst of the lot, just because of the shitty joypad. If you really care about perfection, then listen to Tim. If you just want to play a few old MK games, I'd pick it up. Hell, I did. Twice.

I prefer to play on my emulators. Arcade perfect is great and all, but when I just wanna mess around my SNES version works just fine.

Yeah, I have the SNES emulations (because the old cartridges + console don't work anymore) of 1-UMK3, but was curious to see if it was worth it to get a better quality (picture, anyway) emulation of MKII + 3 for the GameCube. I personally love/am very comfortable with the GameCube controller, so I went ahead and ordered a copy of it this past Saturday.

I definitely won't be getting any of the straight-arcade cabinet versions anytime soon. Gotta graduate (in May) and start a good money-making career first! I'd definitely like to get the first MK game arcade cabinet, though.

Thanks for the responses!