Special Moves Master Achievement help

That's right, I never got all of Liu Kang's.

I can never get the timing of the in Air Fireball to Flying Kick down.

Man I did a bunch more I was missing, and no go.

Not sure if I got some of Raiden's more complicated timing or Liu Kangs to actually fall together. I'll give a few another shot later.

lol. dont forget superman's extra hit laser. or captain marvel's mercury bear hug throw.

Got both already. Still no dice, going to compare to the Xbox360Achievements thread tomorrow, see what else I may be missing.

I wrote down all the ones I missed, as they have to be added back onto the site's guide once I finish up.

Hey Patrick I'm not sure if you got Liu Kang's "Air Fireball to Flying Kick" done yet but here is the way I find that it is easier to pull off.

First the easy part, just jump and then when you're coming down shoot a fireball so that it hits the opponent because that is the key. (I also find its easiest to jump towards the opponent rather than just jump straight up)
Now unlike almost all of the other pro-moves you do not need to perform the button inputs for the Flying Kick immediately after the Fireball. This is what I thought you had to do and was totally wrong. You have to wait until the fireball hits the opponent and then perfrom the Flying Kick movements. Trust me at first it seems like Liu Kang will fall to the ground if you let the fireball hit the opponent but that's not the case. If you shoot the fireball, let it hit the opponent and then perform the Flying Kick you should be gtg for that pro-move.

Hope this helps somewhat, good luck! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Hey Patrick I'm not sure if you got Liu Kang's "Air Fireball to Flying Kick" done yet but here is the way I find that it is easier to pull off.

First the easy part, just jump and then when you're coming down shoot a fireball so that it hits the opponent because that is the key. (I also find its easiest to jump towards the opponent rather than just jump straight up)
Now unlike almost all of the other pro-moves you do not need to perform the button inputs for the Flying Kick immediately after the Fireball. This is what I thought you had to do and was totally wrong. You have to wait until the fireball hits the opponent and then perfrom the Flying Kick movements. Trust me at first it seems like Liu Kang will fall to the ground if you let the fireball hit the opponent but that's not the case. If you shoot the fireball, let it hit the opponent and then perform the Flying Kick you should be gtg for that pro-move.

Hope this helps somewhat, good luck! :mrgreen:

Yeah that's what I was finding too, read somewhere online not to prep for it by tapping F more than twice. I keep by instinct trying to do it right away as you said. My fingers are jelly now, but I'll give it another shot. I got the single Fireball to Flying kick, as I did it in Combo Challenge mode so I know I got credit for that. But I am not sure if I got the Bicycle Kick to Flying Kick to Fireball to actually count as a combo the one time I pulled it off.

FINALLY got it.

My problem was I was missing this one:
-Power Fist to Gotcha Grab: D, B, 2, * 1 * F, F, 2 (you can have a total of 6 hits, 8 hits, and 9 hits with the additional promove at the end. Hitting attack 2 at various speeds to get all hits).