2D MK at its BEST

I've seen a ton of 2d MK kombo videos over the years, but this one is really impressive. There are some fantastic combos featured in there... There are also some lowdown dirty cheaps too.

Sometimes I wonder how many of these are practical in an actual match...

I can't see how they wouldn't be practical. Taking for granted that the player is good enough to actual execute the juggle to begin the kombo in mid-match. A lot of these kombos seem to begin at the corner of the screen, which is often handy to force the opponent into the air, therefore leaving them wide open for a whooping.

Sometimes I wonder how many of these are practical in an actual match...

I can't see how they wouldn't be practical. Taking for granted that the player is good enough to actual execute the juggle to begin the kombo in mid-match. A lot of these kombos seem to begin at the corner of the screen, which is often handy to force the opponent into the air, therefore leaving them wide open for a whooping.

None of these are truly practical or ever reccomend doing or even trying these in match play.

Most, if not done correctly or whiffed would leave you vulnerable for a counter, or a high damage punisher.

But these combo vids are just that combo vids, not match vids. There a exhibitions for what COULD be done in a match and are usually set up just for that. There for show ;)

True, they are mostly for show. But if they are able to be preformed on a unmanned player2 dummy, then given the right situation, they should be able to be preformed on an active opponent.

As you said, if you screw up, then it will leave you wide open for a counter, but that's the price you pay for attempting such a bold move. You would have to be very talented and equally lucky to pull something like this off in mid-match, but then again, that goes for most good kombos, not just the over the top ones that appear in these kind of videos.

True, they are mostly for show. But if they are able to be preformed on a unmanned player2 dummy, then given the right situation, they should be able to be preformed on an active opponent.

As you said, if you screw up, then it will leave you wide open for a counter, but that's the price you pay for attempting such a bold move. You would have to be very talented and equally lucky to pull something like this off in mid-match, but then again, that goes for most good kombos, not just the over the top ones that appear in these kind of videos.

Which is exactly why most if not all high level players wont even attempt most of these kind of combos in a match, especially in a tournament setting.

OR...

If one is playing a, well, n00b. lol ;)

The combos are mostly for show, but there are variations that can be done in game for many of the combos seen in the endless list of videos that now populate the MK series. Some of the combos can of course be done in game with the proper set ups.