Fatality Friday 11-7-08

wonder womans was okay. I didnt like Tsungs, he should of just sucked the soul out of him in one big form, not a bunch of little ones flying all around. Supermans made me think of a caveman. LOL

So far only Sub zero, and scorpions fire breath are cool.

Oh yeah..... heroic brutality. Seriously they couldnt come up with anything else?

wonder womans was okay. I didnt like Tsungs, he should of just sucked the soul out of him in one big form, not a bunch of little ones flying all around. Supermans made me think of a caveman. LOL

So far only Sub zero, and scorpions fire breath are cool.

Oh yeah..... heroic brutality. Seriously they couldnt come up with anything else?

I think Superman's is pretty awesome, for what it is. Even if it is stolen from MK3.

Blame the HEROIC part on DC :/

I want more gore in those damn fatalities!!!! Please ED BOON don't ever and i mean ever do a cross-over game if you cannot have gore fatalities!!! MK has to be rated M not T!!!

I really liked Wonder Woman's! If anything it looked more fatal then Shang Tsung's :D I enjoyed the new way of stealing souls but I think the back break was a bit lame. Would have prefered him just sucking the soul til they turned to a skeleton or something. Even though we've seen Superman's I still enjoyed it as it seemed more brutal and the camera angle was better.

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook here, but these fatalities just keeping getting worse and worse. The best one we've seen on the MK side so far is Sub-Zero's, and even that's just "okay".

This new spin on Shang Tsung's soul steal is just awful. What's the point of a fatality that looks exactly like a character's regular mid-round special move? His MK2 soul steal would have easily been tame enough for this game, not to mention infinitely better.

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook here, but these fatalities just keeping getting worse and worse. The best one we've seen on the MK side so far is Sub-Zero's, and even that's just "okay".

This new spin on Shang Tsung's soul steal is just awful. What's the point of a fatality that looks exactly like a character's regular mid-round special move? His MK2 soul steal would have easily been tame enough for this game, not to mention infinitely better.

Scorp's fatality >>>> Subbie's

I also do like Superman's MK3 fata, errrr, HB. The new camera angles make it look "more" brutal.

I wouldn't rate the toasty above Sub-Zero's, but I'm with you on Superman's. That definitely turned out to be one of the better ones so far.

I want more gore in those damn fatalities!!!! Please ED BOON don't ever and i mean ever do a cross-over game if you cannot have gore fatalities!!! MK has to be rated M not T!!!

I think this Idea is GREAT, and that if you're a true MK fan, you'll stop *****ing about it and deal with it. There's nothing you can do to stop the production of ANY MK game, PLUS if they want to do another crossover, that's THEIR choice not ours, so once again stop *****ING like those babies at the Midway
boards!

Also, we ALL learned (including Tim) that over the top gore does NOT top gameplay.
*COUGH* ARMAGEDDON! *COUGH*

Last edited:
Actually there is something we can do. Midway has consistently listened to their fans and they have admitted to visiting fan forums regularly for feedback and ideas. If enough people don't like the way something is going, Midway has taken that into consideration. Obviously the uproar when we all heard about MKvDC wasn't going to change anything, that was set in stone. But the characters, the amount of gore, etc. etc. etc. We can certainly speak up and change that.

Plus, Armageddon is a piss poor example. It didn't have any more gore than Deception or Deadly Alliance. You're really sending mixed signals, first you praise the post you quoted for wanting MORE gore, then you say more gore doesn't mean better gameplay? What are you trying to say Snow?

Actually there is something we can do. Midway has consistently listened to their fans and they have admitted to visiting fan forums regularly for feedback and ideas. If enough people don't like the way something is going, Midway has taken that into consideration. Obviously the uproar when we all heard about MKvDC wasn't going to change anything, that was set in stone. But the characters, the amount of gore, etc. etc. etc. We can certainly speak up and change that.

Plus, Armageddon is a piss poor example. It didn't have any more gore than Deception or Deadly Alliance. You're really sending mixed signals, first you praise the post you quoted for wanting MORE gore, then you say more gore doesn't mean better gameplay? What are you trying to say Snow?
Did I praise him for wanting more gore? REALLY!? Sorry, then if that post didn't make any sense... What I'm trying to say is I'd rather have crap-ass fatalities than crap-ass gameplay. Is that a little more clear without all the swearing?

Yea I see what you're saying now. You must have misread the above post that's all. Personally, I've never looked to MK for gameplay. But I'm a very unusual gamer in that respect. I forgive many gameplay flaws in favor of greatness elsewhere, but that's not universal either.