Secret Unlockable Characters

Raoul Duke

I'm thinking Quan Chi.

They keep showing him in story mode, locked/chained up and now we see him free (unlocked?) in the new videos explaining the rage.

I have a feeling when he gets unlocked in story mode, he will be a selectable character in verses.

If not, DLC maybe?

:ciao:

Last edited:
Nope. Cameo. Expect to see more (unplayable) characters from both sides as you play through story mode.

(SWEET avatar btw ;))

Last edited:
I was beginning to think he was a little too prominent for an NPC when we haven't seen any others. Hmm. I doubt there'll be ay last minute character additions though.

Even though I doubt it, there's no reason why there couldn't be a couple of secret characters. Everybody seems to have assumed it can't be because we got the trophy/achievement list and there was no mention of them, also because midway announced a full character roster but then if a character was truely secret they could have just left them off both to avoid it being spoiled.

I'm not saying I think there are any or that I believe it's true, just think it could be a possibility ;)

Even though I doubt it, there's no reason why there couldn't be a couple of secret characters. Everybody seems to have assumed it can't be because we got the trophy/achievement list and there was no mention of them, also because midway announced a full character roster but then if a character was truely secret they could have just left them off both to avoid it being spoiled.

I'm not saying I think there are any or that I believe it's true, just think it could be a possibility ;)

Right! That's exactly what I was thinking when I posted this topic. I hope they are protecting a secret are two.

If not then, I agree with h1tm0nl33... "we got dlc on our side ".

Last edited:
I'm thinking Quan Chi.

They keep showing him in story mode, locked/chained up and now we see him free (unlocked?) in the new videos explaining the rage.

I have a feeling when he gets unlocked in story mode, he will be a selectable character in verses.

If not, DLC maybe?

thats good puzzle solving.I hope your rightid really like to finish someone by scratching them with his twin blades of doom..sorry twin blades of mild inconvienience.!**** T!

I still hate the post-DA Quan Chi. He isn't half as kickass as he was in MKM or MK4. Hell, in MK4 he rips of a guys leg and BEATS HIM TO DEATH with it. In MKDA, he's shirtless like a male model, has a completely redesigned facial structure, tattoos (which are explained by story, I let that slide), and he stretches people's NECKS...not an improvement.

But I digress. I very much don't believe that Quan Chi will be anything but a cameo. And if they have DLC, I doubt he'll be particularly high on the list.

I still hate the post-DA Quan Chi. He isn't half as kickass as he was in MKM or MK4. Hell, in MK4 he rips of a guys leg and BEATS HIM TO DEATH with it..

Amen. Rich's portrayal of him is my favorite. And that fatality is the best. PERIOD.

My friend saw a playable demo at one of the conventions a while ago and he told me "the guy with the four arms" is a hidden character. I think he was referring to Goro but could have been Kintaro. Take this with a grain of salt.

A grain? I think I might dry out an ocean somewhere. If they'd shown it publically we'd know about it

My friend saw a playable demo at one of the conventions a while ago and he told me "the guy with the four arms" is a hidden character. I think he was referring to Goro but could have been Kintaro. Take this with a grain of salt.

I wish.

Man, I really can't wait for MK9.

I was just thinking, maybe it could be like MK1-3 where hidden characters are unplayable but at least you get to fight them one on one if you meet certain ridiculous criteria? I'd love that to make a comeback and this would be the game to do it.

This was from Fright Night @ Mortalkombatonline.com:

[23:56:31] <@DArqueBishop> Gillbob asks, "Why are we seeing so much of Quan Chi in preliminary screenshots? He seems to be getting alot of exposure for a character who's not in the game."
[23:56:36] <+Jon_Greenberg> and out of the game!
[23:56:45] <+Paulo_Garcia> he's not int he game?!?
[23:56:53] <+Jon_Greenberg> he's in the game
[23:57:03] <+Jon_Greenberg> just not playable... or is he?
[23:57:08] <@Scott-Howell> He is?
[23:57:19] <+Ed_Boon> Quan Chi is not playable. Perhaps a DLC someday?

Full Transcript: http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/FightNight2008.html

Ah... One of the MK crews not so glamerous chat thingys.

I'm too scared to read, the last one was crap. O_O

But; yay! Fighters as DLC might be a plus!

I was just thinking, maybe it could be like MK1-3 where hidden characters are unplayable but at least you get to fight them one on one if you meet certain ridiculous criteria? I'd love that to make a comeback and this would be the game to do it.

YEAH! I am hoping for this game to have some sort of secret or two. That would work great in story mode. They did that well in Shaolin Monks with Ermac, Kano and Mileena. I don't see why they wouldn't have something like that in MK vs. DC.

A secret is not a secret if it is known.

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks Hint: Fight Kano
In the dungeon area before Shao Khan's throne, you encounter Johnny Cage and Kitana in their cells (a save stone is nearby). Opt to speak to Kitana three times and an encounter with Kano will ensue.

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks Hint: Fight Ermac
Once inside the warriors shrine you will notice statues of the Mortal Kombat characters. Interact with the left most ninja statue three times to fight Ermac.

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks Hint: Fight Mileena
You need the climb and swing ability to do this, go to the living forest. in the first area, near the save poin, there are two branches near the temple like thing. Grab the first one and jump to the second and jump towards the temple. You will then grab a tree coming out of it and climb up. You will then be in a new area thats just a jaged path with putrid corpses and masked guards. at the end youll come to an area with a purple portal. You'll fight Millena and two masked guards.

http://www.cheatscodesguides.com/xbox-cheats/mortal-kombat-shaolin-monks

Last edited:
Dark Kahn's not a secret character?
Sadly, No.

[23:24:26] <@_Crow_> Rufus85 asks: 'Will Dark Kahn be a playable Charakter?
[23:24:29] <+MK_Hec> real mode, not so much
[23:24:58] <+Tony_Goskie> Dark Khan will notbe a playable charater
[23:25:12] <+Paulo_Garcia> Dark Kahn is not playable and feels like a true boss as he brings the pain

LMAO!

[23:51:16] <@_Crow_> Sub-ZerosNephew asks: 'What role will Quan Chi play in story mode'
[23:51:26] <+MK_Hec> quan chi will be playing alfred

Full Transcript: http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/FightNight2008.html

Last edited: