...:::: Deadly Dominion (The Invitation) ::::...

LeoBrZ81

Hey guys,

This thread is sort of an invitation that I’m extending to all fans of fighting/action games around the net. Please read carefully, and if this sounds like something you might like, let me know.

I have a “project” coming out that some of you guys might be interested in. This is merely for entertainment. I’m not doing this for profit or anything like that. This is something I started because 1) I have free time I need to fill and 2) I welcome all chances to put my writing skills into practice. Plus, I just like sharing my ideas with people who have a similar taste. Anyway, this “project” is a series, like the many out there on TV right now. Of course, I won’t have the tools and resources necessary to make a full-fledged TV series until I get a degree; what I CAN do as of right now is write.

“Deadly Dominion” is a script-based, online, episodic series (this just means that it’s written in script format, to give the reader the feeling of watching an actual show on a screen). It is primarily an action genre, chock-full of fight scenes and action sequences. Still, it blends many other genres into one: fantasy, sci-fi, thriller, and even comedy. It boasts a large cast of almost 20 characters, from heroes, to villains, to anti-heroes, to anything in-between. Each character is unique, so everyone is sure to have a favorite as soon as he or she is introduced. In short, this is a written series broken up into weekly (or so) episodes that is sure to appeal to anyone out there who enjoys action films/shows, fantasy film/shows, or fighting games (since many of my ideas came from tidbits of other similar pieces).
I have the pilot episode written already and will release it when and if enough people show interest in seeing it and the ones that will come from it.

What I’m going to be doing in this thread (hopefully it stays) is sharing a bit of the story with you guys before I actually put up the pilot episode. I’ll be doing that by posting biographies of the characters. I’m sure that anyone who sticks with me here is going to eventually find a character they like above all others, will like the feel of the story and, hopefully, start anticipating the actual episodes.

I’ll start with the “protagonist” (the quotations are due to the fact that there’s not definite protagonist in the literal sense of the word). Through this guy’s bio, however, you can understand the premise of the story and be ready for the future bios.

Life couldn’t be better as you traveled the world with your father, sharing in his unusual, yet admirable love for the art of self-defense, cheering for him as he competed in worldwide martial arts tournaments and using his cheers as your fuel to be just as skilled as he. He was everything you needed to be happy, and his lifestyle is what fulfilled you as you embarked on a new adventure to a foreign land time after time. Whenever the constant trips wore you out, he would readily return to China; although you were both born in the Americas, the one place you could call home was located on the far east, near your long-time trainer and “second father”, Master Akio. Truly, your life could not get any better.

Alas, there came the day when your father left, mute to information on his destination… you felt something horrible in the pit of your stomach. You knew something was wrong, yet could do nothing as he stepped into the boat off the China coast and waved, growing smaller into a fade. How you wish that hadn’t been the last time you saw your father… how you wish you never received the news that he had mysteriously died, so that you could at least hang onto false hope day after day… how you wish you weren’t so angry over his death that you vowed to do whatever it took to find out what fate truly had befallen the only family you had left on Earth.

And that anger was a portal. And that portal led you to a distant land, an unknown world. Soon, you were no longer home, but in the foreign terrain of a power-hungry governor, devilish beings, a dangerous competition for the ultimate prize, and few allies and many enemies at every turn. Yet somehow you knew that through all this mess, through all this hazard, therein lied the truth… and you were going to unearth that truth no matter how many times your life was threatened.

~ CLARK “MACE” RYDER ~

That is the story of Clark Ryder, known in the world of martial arts competitions as “Mace” as a tribute to his unbreakable skill and devastating blows. For him, happiness really was a short phase of life, to be replaced by fury over his father’s cloaked death and obsession with the truth that was never told. With the help of his father’s long-time friend, Master Akio, Mace learns of the most common link between all races of the universe: the art of self-defense. With this knowledge, he is propelled into the distant world known as Aurania, where a renowned tournament is set to begin as intergalactic civilizations compete for the ultimate existing item, crafted by the angels themselves. And as the once sacred tournament is set to turn into a bloodthirsty game manipulated by a corrupt soul, Mace finds himself closer than ever to the hidden truth surrounding his father’s secret life and death…

Current Age: 28
Experience: Trained by renowned martial arts master, household name in various tournaments.
Most Notable Facial Features: Stubble and unkempt black hair
Usual Combat Attire: Open blue jacket, red belt, knife straps and cloth, white full-length breeches, navy boots.
Most-used Weapon: Long Chinese Sword

His is the simplest, most to-the-point, non-complex bio, which makes him a good candidate for the first introduced. With the basis of the story, you might see how MK could've influenced the idea. Don't worry, though, the more you know about the rest of the story and the cast, the more apparent its uniqueness will become. I’ll post the next one in a while and, of course, I welcome all responses.