Star Trek!!!

boJac

They just released the first images from the new (Highly Secretive) Star Trek film, coming out in May! I just had a geekgasm! :party:

The crew.
new-trekkie-photo.jpg

Nero, the bad guy.
excltrekpic-big.jpg

Kirk and Spock sharing an intimate moment.
bigspock.jpg

A new ship, the USS Kelvin, under fire.
usskelvin1.jpg

On the bridge: http://www.mtv.com/photos/?fid=1580156&pid=3298534

Kirk on ice: http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/6...ar-trek-20081015025340385.html?page=mediaFull

Prequel or Sequel?

A little bit of both. It details the early days of the Enterprise, and serves as a sort of origin story. However, Leonard Nimoy travels back through time as an older Spock to do something or something. That's pretty much all that's known about it right now.

Not a trekkie, not really a fan even, but I do enjoy what few Star Trek episodes I see on Spike etc.

I'd settle for a lightbazooka, or a lightwhip, or a lighthammer, or a lightpotato-peeler. I'd also be ok with eyebeams.

Yeah, this is gonna be totally different. I'm a pretty big Trekkie, and this really excites me. But over on TrekMovie it's hilarious how seriously some people are taking this. Criticisms range from how Kirk's shirt is black, to the new bridge design, to how the Kelvin's registration number starts with zero. Personally I think a reboot is just what the doctor ordered. Trek totally became a joke with all those 90's spin offs. It's time to start fresh, and this movie is going to do just that.

Another prequel hmm, this looks interesting..

Anywho, LMAO is that the asian dude from Harold and Kumar? ha, ha...sorry that made me crack up a bit

Not a ST fan per-se but this looks interesting.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions Tim, this movie will be different than EVERYTHING else in the franchise.

Hmmm hope it won't be like the Star Wars prequels VS the Star Wars Sequels...on a side note.

What about a Star Wars X Star Trek movie where something happens and both the past (Star Wars) and present/future(Star Trek) come together via wormhole or something and because of some Sith Lords at Korriban and the Pagh Wraiths somehow spiritually or otherwise meet up. Cast will have the Dominion, Old Republic, Empire, Jedi, The Prophets, Luke (maybe Vader and Sidious or Bane), and CPT Sisko, etc. What do you guys think? Borg might be in it as well. Can you imagine a Kosst Dukat VS a Sith Lord!!!

Dukat_releasing_pah-wraith.jpg

It's going to be garbage.

William Shatner>All.

williamshatnerstartrek_1970.jpg

I'd go back in time and rape that.

Cadet? And he's standing there with Spock and the rest? How did he get to be captain over all those senior ranking officers?

It's going to be garbage.

William Shatner>All.

williamshatnerstartrek_1970.jpg

I'd go back in time and rape that.

lol, yep definitely agree. Nothing like good oldschool ST with Kirk and Jean Luke=best captains ever.

I also liked the dude from Quantum Leap in the latest one Enterprise for a captain, but I also liked him in QL alot so I might be biased.