Star Wars: The Clone Wars (new season)

Tim Static

I saw Glam just post something about it, so I thougt I'd make a thread about it.

It was F'in fanastic, IMO. The movie was good (should have been straight to video, not big screen) and this is right in the same vein.

I love it, but then again, I love everything Star Wars :-D

thoughts?

I liked it, too. My only problem was with the Battle Droids. They need to stop talking so much.

I totally loved how Thire was with Yoda.

I'm afraid I must disagree. While I think the acting is fine for almost everybody, the storylines I've seen thus far, the characters of Ahsoka and Anakin, and the overall themes being presented...are distinctly out of place in the Star Wars Universe.

The character of Anakin in Clone Wars retains all the charm and wit of Hayden Christensen's portrayal of the character in the prequel movies...which is to say the character is COMPLETELY contrary to what we saw as Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker in Episodes 4-6. He is so UN-Jedi it pains me to watch him. Ahsoka is so pointlessly disrespectful, arrogant, and giddy that I wonder how she wasn't kicked out of the Jedi academy within a week. And what was UP with that baby Jabba the Hutt NONSENSE!? Is that STAR WARS!? NO THAT'S COSMIC BABYSITTER WARS.

That aside, the Yoda-centric episode I saw friday night was incredible. It nailed every aspect of Yoda, the clones, Ventress, Dooku, and the droids and delighted me completely. (Speaking of droids, how can you want them to talk LESS? I want a whole show devoted to those guys! They're hilarious and the only redeeming factor of the pilot movie as far as I'm concerned)

My reaction to the next episode was quite the opposite...enter Ahsoka and Anakin...those two could drive me away from that show by themselves. Had it not been for Plo Koon (who I adore, Kel Dors rock) I wouldn't have watched that episode at all. It's too bad nobody ever wants to show Plo Koon fight a REAL fight! He's an awesome saber duelist you know.

You guys hear that Lucas is making another movie based off this timeline in the SW universe? I find that interesting, let's hope we actually see Vader shoot some lightning or at least "train" his apprentice to use it...since Vader's used it in the games yet has yet to use it in any movie so far.