The Dragonball Evolution Movie Thread

ChiefThunder

During the Brand Licensing Europe Expo 2008 in London, 20th Century Fox's booth played the teaser trailer for the upcoming "Dragonball" movie.
The teaser is supposed to be shown in front of "Max Payne" on October 17th, but you can get a glimpse at it now by clicking on the link below.​

headline9511.jpg

In the movie, a young boy named Goku seeks out upon his grandfather's dying request to find the great Master Roshi and gather all seven Dragon Balls (of which he has one) in order to prevent Piccolo from succeeding in his desire to use the Dragon Balls to take over the world.
"Dragonball" stars Justin Chatwin as Goku, Emmy Rossum as Bulma, Chow Yun-Fat as Roshi and James Marsters as the nefarious Piccolo. "Dragonball" hits theaters on April 10, 2009.​

Re: "Dragonball" Trailer Leaked

LOL It's everywhere now. This movie will be crap. I mean, guns? C'mon!

This will either blow so hard, or not bear any resemblance to the source material. From the looks of the trailer, I'd say both.

That looks....terrible. It's painful looking at the posters. I shudder at the thought of a full length movie.

wow...im really lost for words......and i dont that in a good way......

I have another DragonBall movie that is a fair bit older. The tagline on the DVD is "Set in ancient times, where the bad guys had machine guns". No I'm not kidding either. It's hilariously bad, one of those so bad it's good jobbies.
Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins. Check it out on your favourite database. From the makers of the series 'Monkey' and certainly recommended to fans of that.
I wonder if the new movie will have them stand there for minutes on ended charging up and talking rubbish and going 'ooh, ahh, he's blah blah blah'. A technique used to extend movie lengths into episodics, surely they have to pay homage to it.

HAHAHA.

Man, is this movie ever going to suck balls.

I can't imagine what possesses some of the people who do these things to do what they do. It's like "Let's take a beloved franchise and be completely panned by the fanbase we sought to attract!" It's a great business practice isn't it?

I can't imagine what possesses some of the people who do these things to do what they do. It's like "Let's take a beloved franchise and be completely panned by the fanbase we sought to attract!" It's a great business practice isn't it?

If they had made it an actual anime movie, I'd have higher hopes, but why the hell did they think doing a live version was a good idea??

If they had made it an actual anime movie, I'd have higher hopes, but why the hell did they think doing a live version was a good idea??

There's about 40 of them. The Western dubs even have Nu-Metal soundtracks. Rocking.

It really hurts to watch this trailer. It's so incredibly horrible bad I just can't imagine how they could have ****ed up so very much.

Yeah...not for nothing but I really think this movie is going to blow lol. There's also a Tekken movie being made, which will most likely blow as well....

The more I see of this though, the more I get turned off honestly

A lot of the liscensed movies and remakes suck. We were very lucky that Mortal Kombat was half decent. Then they ruined it with Annihalation. Max Payne looks good though.

I've got hope for Max Payne. The most recent trailer actually went with a graphic novel theme. If they incorporate that into the movie in some way I'd be very happy. I'm just afraid they've messed with the story too much...it's not like Max Payne's story was that long, I think they could have made it movie-length without too much difficulty. But it looks like they're amping up the supernatural aspect with references to norse mythology and whatnot. Visual effects might help viewers understand with less blatant narration but come on...valkyries?

Yeah, first MK movie rocked and is easily among the best video game movies. Second one reeked but was done by totally separate people then the first, so it's definitely separated in that respect.

I remember Boon said in that two month interview or so one of the interviews/podkasts saying they had nothing to do with the second film and that the third will need Midway/Ed and company's approval. (Thank God for that lol)

Max Payne looks decent.

Hey anyone know how Hitman was? Heard it sucked, but also heard it was alright from other people...

What exactly was so bad about MK Annihilation again?

Meh. I liked it. But that was before I was an MK fanboy. I still haven't seen the first movie. Care to help?