Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat

Yes or No for SFVMK

• Yes

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 54.4%

• Total voters
I remember I replied to a member's post on another forum that later got deleted. I then went on a tyrade about how deleting posts just makes us look insane and causes more problems than if it had been left there and editted for content. It was funnier then, I wasn't dead tired....or maybe I was more tired. I get wierder with lack of sleep.

Not really, Scorpion's UMK3 fatality is basically Gouki's SGS and don't forget about Vega's Psycho power...and what about Gouken and Gill? Seth? Rose? what about good old Sagat. Wouldn't mind seeing a Sagat VS Shao Kahn or Sagat VS Goro/Kintaro...

Vega's Psycho power? Errr, I think you mean bison not Vega...Vega has no power other then speed and a claw lmao... and Gouki can't really contend with Scorpion's undead spectre powers(plus he never dies lol) I mean, that's kind of an unfair edge that he has so in essense he's an immortal, revenge seeking ninja spectre lol.

Shao Kahn would crush Sagat and those other characters badly....remember, Kahn can take on Raiden and Raiden could kill all of them if he wanted to and went pscho lol

right...lol forgot about the "flip flop" gig, also originally Bison was named Barog's guy(like so) but due to rights they had to change it from Tyson to Bison because he was a real boxer obviously. One of my pals I remember sent me the article way back, huge SF nut lol

what about Gill? Gill is practically a god himself according to canon. Resurrection! Oro? Gouken?

Gen VS Shang Tsung?

i said yes on this poll, and i allready regret it cause mk is so much better then streetfighter, and that streetfighter shit does not deserve to become one line with mk., cause mk is and will always be the best

MK and SF were the two badasses of the early 90's. As far as beat-em-ups went these were the kings, and lets be honest here folks, we've all wondered what would happen if these two universes got a shot at each other.

Personally I'd love to see it and hate to see it. It's always been at the back of my mind that it would be a great game, but in reality they are very very different franchises... but then again, so are MK and DC. The only way I could see this working is if it was a 2d game. Both Mk and SF are in their element as 2D fighters, and in my opinion, lose some of their charm in 3d. A 2d fighter would have the old school arcade feel that this game would deserve.

Well Ed Boon once put it forward as a joke in a magazine article... I think he wants it to happen. Reality, they play differently and I think Capcom would want more control over the project then Midway.

And of course there is the gore factor. MK is smothered in blood and guts, where SF is quite the oppisite. Would it be a case of severely toning it down again like they did in MK Vs DCU? What about fatality moves? I suppose the big question there is- Would Capcom actually allow their precious streetfighters to be decapitated in a game?

I don't see why anybody should get worked up about that. After all, "when in rome..." right? Besides, it's not like the street fighter characters don't kill occasionally, especially the bad guys. It's just there's going to be a conflict about the style, the art, the level of gore. It all comes down to, is it an MK game or an SF game? And that's never going to be resolved.

I would love to see it but with a limited roster -- sort of like MKvDC did it. I would be happy with interesting matchups rather than every matchup.

yet still i think mk is a dark kind of game, and dark only goes with dark stuff like:
spawn

as for streetfighter i could not accept it cause the game has to much happy colors. I just dont have the words for it. wait wait i do play sf if sf4 comes out. but mk to me is the best atmosphere and thats why sf is like a B game to me

no disrespecting or whatever

Define happy colours?
MK is based primarily on a bunch of colourful ninjas. I don't think being a colourful game will really spoil it. After all, they just shared a bed with a guy in a red and blue leotard.

Im not sure the SF characters are up to the challenge. Getting rid of fatalities is a bad idea. Team Kombat knockout or otherwise would be cool. But really the Street Fighter Special abilities aren't to par with MK.

I can see it happen. Gill & Shinnok?

Dictator and Shao Kahn?

Cammy and Kitana or Jade?

Guile and Jax/Sonya

Liu Kang and Fei Long

Gouki and Quan Chi

Seth and Onaga

etc.