I dont get it

Ghost

a while ago in noob.com they had that drawing that we al thought was aquaman, but now we know all the confirmed characters. so what was that drawing about? possible dlc? just fooling us? what?

Boon just proving how much he loves to **** with us. I totally predicted this. Sort of.

Dairou isn't that bad, he's a pretty cool character(for a newer guy) a hell of a lot better then Bo, Mokap, Kobra easily...Zebron I think never came to be for a reason knowing Midway, so I don't blame them. Boon/Midway loves to tease the fans lol and be secretive.

Dairou was god awful. His moves were all terrible. He actually had a move where he fell on his back and somehow it hurt his opponent. Kobra >>>>>>> Dairou.

Dairou's moves were actually very good...TOO good, he was broken in MKD because of his TS move(tombstone) it was insanely too fast and was tweaked if you noticed in MKA so it was slower.

He wasn't god aweful, actually he was one of the best in MKD top tier. I should know since I used him tons; )

Dairou's moves were actually very good...TOO good, he was broken in MKD because of his TS move(tombstone) it was insanely too fast and was tweaked if you noticed in MKA so it was slower.

He wasn't god aweful, actually he was one of the best in MKD top tier. I should know since I used him tons; )

Yes, he was actually decent to play as, when it came to his effectiveness. But the guy looked like crap, his moves were awful and unoriginal, and he had a boring storyline.

Hes just one of the most boring characters they have come up with IMO.

At least Kobra was a Cage knockoff and fun to make fun of. There was just nothing there with Dairou.

Yea MKF, Dairou may have been in a good tier but he's so horribly written. I can't get into a character I don't like no matter what tier he's in. Same reason I don't play Fox or Falco in Super Smash.

But it's like Jeary said, he has a move where HE falls down and his OPPONENT gets hurt. At least make it do damage to him as well! As for Mokap, you realize he was meant to be a joke right? He was a secret character in MKDA, a mishmash of other people's styles with copied moves. He was just a guy in a motion capture suit.

IMHO the only worthwhile characters since MKM have been Kai, Havik, MKA Reiko, Mavado, Shujinko, Li Mei, Frost, Nitara, and Drahmin. That leaves the list of horribly horrible characters at Dairou, Darrius, Jarek, Bo Rai Cho, Hotaru, KENSHI HATE HIM SO MUCH, Hsu Hao, Kobra, Daegon, Taven, Ashrah, Tanya, Kira, Moloch, Onaga, and Blaze.

I'm sure there are some on both of MY lists that other people disagree with. Drahmin for instance, I know people that hate him. But everybody I talk to agrees with at least half of the horribly horrible list above. But I appear to have gotten off track.

In conclusion, Zebron was awesome.

Ohh well Drahmin is just a tool overall, he's not very smart. I'd still take Dairou and Hotaru personally over the other guys you mentioned which I do agree weren't the best MK characters. Not the good list you made, but the others before like Bo, Cage etc. Although I don't like Li Mei, kind of a bland character same with Drahmin. The rest of your pretty good list of newer guys I agree with though. Havik especially. I hope to see him pop up in the future again at some point.

Storywise, Dairou was better in MKA then MKD. MKD he was this lost mercenary with an agenda, still better then Mokap, Bo, Cage, Drahmin etc, etc easily at least Dairou had his own mission.

Now, special move wise I thought his TS was rather creative and different in the sense of "a new ground pound move" compared to Jax or Jarek's or Sheeva's or Goro's which are very similarly done, Dairou falling back I felt was kind of cool actually IMO.

I'd prefer Dairou and Hotaru(and I'm not a hotaru fan, if I had to pick a few I'm saying here) over Li Mei and Drahmin honestly as well as the other horrible characters you listed I'd take Dai and Hotaru well over them for me. Drahmin to me is a tool, Li Mei is a two timing *****(at least she was in MKD) and overall not a popular female character compared to Nitara, Ashrah and the other older MK girls.

My only beef with Dairou was with his fireball, could have been done better but his teleport is sick and TS was rather cool looking.

Honestly, this is be about opinion but in all seriousness I'd still take him storywise and character wise over the other guys you mentioned including kobra.

Kobra=Ken Masters+Johnny from Karate Kid BITEOFF! Never was too fond of Kobra or Kira.

But when it comes to the newer characters, you'll always get some mixed opinions. On MKO, there's quite a few fans that believe it or not love Hotaru, Hsu Hao, Kira, Kobra, Dairou, Bo etc

Usually the fans of one of them hates the other characters.

Last edited:
Mokap is one of the greatest MK characters ever. I love him. He is the only post MKT character that is good. Everyone else sucks.

I wonder if the sketch in question was actually a tribute to the 'Exploding Shark' scene of the old Batman TV series? Speaking of which, where is my 'Whale repellent'?

I heart the old Batman TV show. Too bad it was so damned corny. Definitely good for a laugh tho...exploding shark...haha.

Mokap is one of the greatest MK characters ever. I love him. He is the only post MKT character that is good. Everyone else sucks.

All joking aside, I do actually really like him. As a character he's stupid, yeah, but he was never meant to be anything else. Fact is, he has 2 (or 3) of the easiest to use fighting styles in the game, which makes him pretty lethal in my hands usually. I say that, but I am shit at the game. It's just that most of the people I play are even worse.

I'm best with Scorpion and Sub-Zero and there's really no getting around that. I really REALLY REALLY wanted to love Shinnok in MKA but I just couldn't stand his styles or moves. Just goes to show, if you find somebody you're good with just stick with it. But I discovered several characters I now love to play as in SCIV so maybe experimentation is good...I'm confusing myself.

in SC 1-3 I only really used Mitsurugi or Cervantes, apart from SCII's exclusive characters, but in SCIV I mainly use Nightmare. I used to use Siegfried a lot in SoulBlade though.