RAGE!... NY Style...

Possibly when you fill up the rage meter, the fatality is performed for you at the end of the match, no button combos or having to stand 2 steps away from the opponent.

Maybe you get to just relax and watch the show for once.

Possibly when you fill up the rage meter, the fatality is performed for you at the end of the match, no button combos or having to stand 2 steps away from the opponent.

Maybe you get to just relax and watch the show for once.

I dunno, in the previews from E3/Comic Con it looked like the player still had to stand in the right position and enter button combos as I saw that once or twice they did it wrong and just hit the person or had to try again.

Winning the match sould give you the right to do a fatality, not some stupid meter...

I still think this is gonna be like the agressor mode from MKT. (boo)

Going with the meter theme (there is one in freefall and klose kombat so why not? Could even be the name of either of those two) the actual picture is called "rageweapon.jpg". Maybe just a coincedence or weird file name but could also be a meter that you fill during fight that allows you to use a weapon for a limited time or something to that affect?

Just thinking out loud :)

The N.Y. makes me think Spiderman, from N.Y style pizza, since Peter Parker was a delivery boy for a pizza place. Then if I recall correctly he got pissed at the cops for not helping him which brought out Venom, which could explain the rage part of the clue. Only thing is he was Marvel which pretty much makes my thought of Venom being a charcter invalid.

Would still be cool to have Venom in the game though if it was possible.

I believe I get the "NY Style" reference, it has to do with an image that was on the screen before with the words RAGE a while back. But I doubt "NY Style" has anything to do with the game itself beyond the Rage concept, but more about maybe who's idea it was. I may be wrong, but that's just my thinking from what I noticed a while back on nobb.com. I believe I may have been the only one who figured out this early clue.

As far as rage, I think it has to do with the story of the game. As you can see on Worlds Collide the story talks about a threat that both sides can't see because they are blinded by rage. It's more than likely a big story element in the single player game. I personally can't wait to see it, and I hope they keep it under wraps until people play it on release day.

ALRIGHT! Wonder Woman and Deathstroke are in. That makes for a cool roster on the DC side. For anyone unfamiliar with Deathstroke, he is basically an antihero, assassin, and all-around badass with a bit of a ninja-like aesthetic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathstroke

Looks fun.

In terms of the rage meter thing, we'll see I guess. I'll wait to see it in action before I pass judgment.

Looks like I was right after all. You get unblockable and more powerful hits with a full RAGE meter. Damn I nailed that one on the head.

This whole Rage meter feature reminds me of the rage meter in Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects... Ugh, how annoying!

Rage will be interesting, it will be balanced way to make things interesting and neat due to the fact that "aggressive players" that love to literally jump on top of their foes without mercy will be doing damage themselves, yes, however now the defensive player(in this new engine) will be able to turn the tables and defend at least to a point should the attacker build up the foes meter so it gives a more "less aggressive player" a chance, I like this. More or less by blocking fills up your meter so this means attackers will think twice.

I can see why they added this in replacement for "the non-parry" that was in MKA within the actual standard fighting mechanic.

It's kind of like a combination between MKT's Aggressor Meter, Super move(unblockable for 6 seconds) and of MK's "super move" that can decide a match but yet isn't easy to get.

Every fighter seems to have this now...

SC=armor and Critical finish system

SF=Supers with meters...

SSBB=Smash Balls

Tekken=newer elements in Tekken 6 that were never in past Tekkens...

MK8 aka MK vs. DC="Rage" meters

Seems to be the trend with fighters now days...

Should be fun

Last edited:
Well it's like I was saying in another thread. Not every fighting game can advance the system or the genre. For many games now in all the franchises it has just been the same old but updated. Now, in addition to the usual re-balancing and updates we also get a new game mechanic which quickly spreads to other fighters. But every fighter does it differently.

It's a real honor to get a Critical Finish in SCIV because it's so damned hard to do and you have to be skillful to do it. Whereas it's considered "lacking skill" or "a cheap win" to just grab the Smash Ball in SSBB. This is because it's so ridiculously unrelated to skill and is simply another element of randomness inherant in any SSB fight with items turned on. I quickly turned Smash Balls off.

As well I've never particularly liked the Super Meter in SF type games (SF, Darkstalkers, Guilty Gear, etc) because it becomes basically a race to build up your Super move faster than your opponent. The same can be said of many of the franchised fighting games like Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, etc. that incorporate super moves from their respective series. The game has removed focus on beating the crap out of each other and more focus on building up your little bar at the bottom of the screen (orientation subject to change).

I know that was quite a little rant, but that's what I think of these "meters". I prefer that they be either really hard to do, or else not be a major benefit at all. Thus far MKvDC's version of the super meter seems very balanced. You have to be fairly skilled to build your meter (at least stay alive long enough) and all it really gives you is an advantage. Not free damage, not an instant kill, but an advantage. You can still have the tar beaten out of you even in RAGE mode because your opponent can simply not allow you to hit them. I like it.

Yeah, I hear ya. I agree for the most part. Especially with SSBB, in fact high level players I believe don't use those since that makes the game broken depending on "a characters super smash" example, Fox has the dumb space ship, you can kill people a few times in one smash ball if you're not bad....pretty lame but true lol.

SF, GG, DBZ etc I agree, although I will admit in some of the SF games at least it's more difficult or you can I believe turn them off in SF A anyway...

But yeah, I like this I think it'll be very balanced and the only thing I hope for the hell of it is an option to turn this off like the aggressor in MKT(most high level players that play MKT/UMK3 don't use the meter)

This is a little different though, but yeah I'm looking forward to it.

But yeah, you're right lol seems every fighter now days has some kind of "meter" besides the health meter

hopefully, there will be an option to play without it.

Just like the Aggressor mode in MKT

Last edited: