Soul Calibur IV

Glamador

It's finally here! I know some of you here don't like 3D fighters, but I adore Soul Calibur. Is there anybody else here with an XBL account and plan to get the game? I'd love to play some of you. I plan to practice a lot, hopefully put up a fight. My main characters are Nightmare, Cervantes, Taki, Zasalamel, and (sort of) Setsuka. Although I'm best with NM and Cervantes.

I 'm in awe at how AMAZING this game looks. It's simply the second purdiest thing on my 360 at the moment. Eternal Sonata still holds the top spot in the purdy department. Like all Soul Calibur sequels it plays the same but with tweaks, additions, and improvements made along the way. Every game gets closer to perfection. I'm happy to see that I can pick up Nightmare and Cervantes and still play almost as well as when I was in my prime. Cervantes has a couple sick new moves.

Minor complaints, there's no huge story-type side-quest like in SCII or SC3. The story mode for each character is only 5 rounds and there's significantly fewer cutscenes than in SC3. Overall each character's ending is less flushed out. That makes me sad but the game plays so damned well I'm inclined not to care so much. No alt. endings that I've seen so far, and I havn't even scratched the surface on the Tower of Souls or whatever it's called.

Overall I give it a 9/10. Great gameplay, great graphics, a good amount of content despite being lessened from SC3. And wait! I didn't mention the infinitely expanded Create-a-Soul mode! It's AMAZING TOO! You can not only edit the main character's colors, but you can edit their perks and bonuses, their preferred weapon, and THEIR ENTIRE OUTFIT. First thing I did was give Setsuka back her dark brown hair. I hate her blonde.

So what's everyone else think? Huh? HUH?

I played it at a friends house and beat his ass! Its kind of a button mashin piece of shat for nubs I guess, maybe its fun if two good people play against each other..

It's finally here! I know some of you here don't like 3D fighters, but I adore Soul Calibur. Is there anybody else here with an XBL account and plan to get the game? I'd love to play some of you. I plan to practice a lot, hopefully put up a fight. My main characters are Nightmare, Cervantes, Taki, Zasalamel, and (sort of) Setsuka. Although I'm best with NM and Cervantes.

I 'm in awe at how AMAZING this game looks. It's simply the second purdiest thing on my 360 at the moment. Eternal Sonata still holds the top spot in the purdy department. Like all Soul Calibur sequels it plays the same but with tweaks, additions, and improvements made along the way. Every game gets closer to perfection. I'm happy to see that I can pick up Nightmare and Cervantes and still play almost as well as when I was in my prime. Cervantes has a couple sick new moves.

Minor complaints, there's no huge story-type side-quest like in SCII or SC3. The story mode for each character is only 5 rounds and there's significantly fewer cutscenes than in SC3. Overall each character's ending is less flushed out. That makes me sad but the game plays so damned well I'm inclined not to care so much. No alt. endings that I've seen so far, and I havn't even scratched the surface on the Tower of Souls or whatever it's called.

Overall I give it a 9/10. Great gameplay, great graphics, a good amount of content despite being lessened from SC3. And wait! I didn't mention the infinitely expanded Create-a-Soul mode! It's AMAZING TOO! You can not only edit the main character's colors, but you can edit their perks and bonuses, their preferred weapon, and THEIR ENTIRE OUTFIT. First thing I did was give Setsuka back her dark brown hair. I hate her blonde.

So what's everyone else think? Huh? HUH?

I like it, but I skipped SC3, so I'm playing catch-up. I dislike how they've slowed down the gameplay. I also dislike that they've removed jump attacks and that the back-parry knocks the offensive player to the ground. After a few hours of gaming with friends, I'd have to say that they screwed up Ivy the worst.

I'd play online, but I let my gold membership expire. I might dust it off when MK vs DC drops, though.

I bought SC4 today, kinda missed out on SC3, was on an adventure in Iraq at the time of release. But SC4 is damn amazing. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is almost flawless, and all those extras are spectacular. It's rare to find a game that has so many elements, blended well, terrific storyline, without an excess amount of useless features. It's just so polished.

I immediately went through my favorite characters story mode. Taki, Maxi, Nightmare, and Raphael. I waited a while before giving Yoda a try.

My only problem with the game is Yoda. Yes he is modeled very well, and has the trademark voice-overs, but I just can't get past his fighting style. Him being so short and attacking with jump attacks doesn't give him the greatest chance against the taller foes with the longer weapons. The Apprentice is a little better at the moment. It could just be my controller though, it's sort of worn out and has been dropped a few times. I wont be doing any online play until friday when I purchase another controller. Until then, feel free to add me to XBL friend list if anyone wishes to engage in some online combat.

I will be getting Soul Calibur 4, but not for 360! I prefer the PS3 controllers and Darth Vader looks to be a much better fighter so I'll definitely getting it when it comes out here on Friday.

Soul Calibur 2 was a brilliant game and one of the best fighting games I've played. Sadly the third one wasn't as good, not really sure why but it just didn't seem to have the same feel to it so I hope this one brings it back to it's greatness!

I love the Soul Calibur series. However, I'm still waiting to get payed for my 360, I don't have a PS3 and there's no Wii version.

I have the third game and I liked it. I think the reason why many didn't like it is because it had no console exclusive characters being only on PS2.

I would love it if Darth Vader and Yoda were DLC for their opposing consoles. But sadly, people are just too stupid to realise just how big of a success it would be.

NOTE: My XBL is MRK-Zero-NE as shown under my avatar. I'll be getting SCIV soon today.

I would love it if Darth Vader and Yoda were DLC for their opposing consoles. But sadly, people are just too stupid to realise just how big of a success it would be.

NOTE: My XBL is MRK-Zero-NE as shown under my avatar. I'll be getting SCIV soon today.

I'm pretty sure they'll be available for download in a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty sure they'll be available for download in a couple of weeks.

Speculation. As far as I know, Yoda & Vader will remain exclusive to their console, but more Star War's charactes will become available through DLC to both consoles. (my source told me Darth Maul & Kit Fisto, but we'll see for sure)

Well there's already a video of Yoda fighting Vader. No way to fake that. I'm guessing both will be available on the other console soon enough. I just don't understand why on earth they picked Yoda. He's so short that no high attacks hit him, he can't be grabbed, and he's annoying as ****. If they had just used Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan or Mace Windu or any other HUMAN SIZED Jedi I think the balance could have been preserved.

I think it's because they're trying to make it all a part of the Star Wars canon, taking place between Episode 3 and 4 along with Force Unleashed.

Hmm...I guess so. Still, Obi-Wan isn't that far fetched is he? Besides, RotJ Luke is a great match for Vader. I'd love to fight that fight. Besides if they introduce other Star Wars characters as DLC the whole canon thing goes right out the window doesn't it? It just annoys me how incredibly useless Yoda is as a character. The Apprentice is cool and not terribly overpowered. And I hear Vader is really balanced.

I've played it a few hours since picking it up and I'm still undecided.

Single player feels very bland. The Story Mode is about as easy as a time you can ever have in a fighting game. Compared to SC3 it's a breeze not to mention it's far less involving as well as quite short. You can literally get through each character's story mode in 7 minutes. Even the boss is vulnerable to rush/throw rush/throw rush/throw. ZzzZz. The Tower is also a rather straight forward mode. It's more difficult than Story but it also feels rather bland and uninteresting.

I will say the Graphics are amazing. Models, armor, weapons, and details are nice but stages feel rather drab.

I don't know. The game as a whole just seems lacking.

Worst part is this game is still pretty much a button masher. Mashing buttons tend to be just as (if not more) useful than learning/applying moves. It's not really possible to pull off the "big" attacks the game informs you as you rarely, if ever, break an entire opponents armor down before the fight is over.

Yoda also is pretty overpowered. I've read a few review sites which agree. He can't be thrown, he simply avoids a large amount of attacks since he is so small, so low blocks as him and your safe from anything but an overhand/downwards attack. But it's easy enough to have fun as him and ignore him otherwise. Plenty of other characters in the sea....

Like Hilde who is a ****ing beast. Love her design and her short/long range ability.

Last complaint; I love how tag mode is in single player story mode ... but why the hell can't we do it in vs. mode or other modes? Tag mode is one of the best feature fighting games should utilize yet few ever do it.

Oh well! It's entertaining for a while at least. Guess I'm still waiting for a real fighting game like the next Guilty Gear (Blaze Blue whatever it's called now). Hopefully SF 4 is nice. I watched a tournament at San Diego Comic-Con this pastweeked (awesome time, I had!) and it looked solid.

I wouldn't say that. I thought Kahn, Raiden, B. Orchid, and Thor were damned good. Thor looked JUST like Thor.