Awesome new Gameplay, interview on Gamespot gotta see!

MKF30-mkdc

Well, this was recently a few hours ago posted on Gamespot, this game is looking better then I thought. It plays just like MK2 a lot, you see better graphical clips, fatalities including both Supes and Scorpion in full and the select screen...there's also newer clips where they show you Scorpion and Supes "super move" in the free falling air kombat. Looks great.

Check it out, awesomeness! Check these out

http://www.gamespot.com/video/943567/6194293/mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-e3-2008-stage-show-demo

http://www.gamespot.com/video/943567/6194422/mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-interview-2

Last edited:
For the finishers, I'd suggest that they re-implement the mechanic from MK:DA and MK:D. Once the characters are the proper length apart, the player could press a trigger to enter into fatality mode so the direction and button inputs wouldn't create their regular fight animations.

For the finishers, I'd suggest that they re-implement the mechanic from MK:DA and MK:D. Once the characters are the proper length apart, the player could press a trigger to enter into fatality mode so the direction and button inputs wouldn't create their regular fight animations.

Yeah, it'll probably similar or perhaps similar to the older MK games MK2, MK3 etc

Those are great tidbits we heard. There was a little more detail on the "pro moves" and the test your might and falling kombat. I can't help but feel like this game is a little lacking in content though. No Krypt, no mini-game, only 20 fighters. You know what I mean? I look at like, Soul Calibur 4 (2 more weeks w00t!) and I see a MASSIVE create-a-soul system, TONS of characters, a few crossover characters, and surely another massive side-mission type mode like in SC2 and 3. I compare that mass of content to MK vs. DC and I feel underwhelmed. Still, I'm excited anyway.

Those are great tidbits we heard. There was a little more detail on the "pro moves" and the test your might and falling kombat. I can't help but feel like this game is a little lacking in content though. No Krypt, no mini-game, only 20 fighters. You know what I mean? I look at like, Soul Calibur 4 (2 more weeks w00t!) and I see a MASSIVE create-a-soul system, TONS of characters, a few crossover characters, and surely another massive side-mission type mode like in SC2 and 3. I compare that mass of content to MK vs. DC and I feel underwhelmed. Still, I'm excited anyway.

I'm hoping they work out the DLC for MK vs DC. Then again, if the game ships with 25+ characters, I'd be happy.

Patience people, remember MK1 & MK:DA had very small rosters too.

There is one thing more important than fatalites, big rosters, alternate costumes, bios, etc. Its called gameplay and I hope to god, if anything, this game is a giant step in the right direction. :)

Big roasters = less room for other things.

We all saw the problems of quality failing in MK:Arm.

Yea but I'm not just talking about the roster. When I think about what keeps me coming back to play a fighting game again, it's the other modes, the story, the stuff that ISN'T just gameplay. I think I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of this as long as the story mode is good and long. But I can't see myself playing this over and over again if that's all there is to it. Like, I played MKDA long enough to complete all the character's konquests, see all their endings, and unlock everything in the krypt. That took a long time. But I didn't go back and do it again. If there's too little content I don't think I'll get as many hours out of this game as I want to.

It's really coming along. The graphics seem pretty crisp, the fighting appears fluid for the most part, the amount of characters are perfect. So it looks like gameplay has it's promises

I'm still not sold on the 2D play, the background, and the fatalities.

Something I wish I could see is full 3D fighting, and impressive arenas like DOA has. MK doesn't have to sellout to the DOA and Soul Calibur styles, but it would add some more depth to the game.

The fatalities were what I expected from this series, toned down but you get the general idea of what's happening. I don't really see anything new going on with them, scorpions fire breath(which I like, but I hope he has another), and supermans ground pound(which looks familiar, sheeva in mk3), an uppercut to the moon would've been a little more original.

If the gameplay is as good as it seems or better, then I can't complain too much about a lack of modes or features. Some nice unlockable costumes or DLC would be neat, though.

The only reason why I'd like to see an expanded roster is so they can squeeze in a few more characters from both sides and add some diversity to the fighting styles. Havik and Li Mei are two personal favorites that I doubt will make the cut if the MK side remains at ten slots.

Last edited:
I've said it in the other thread, but they haven't ruled out the idea of a sequel. Everyone's favorites might get the opportunity to shine in later games. You gotta have room for expansion, ie: characters, instead of just altering the character models a little bit and adding another special move. :) I really haven't heard much about content downloads, maybe they'll add something later if it's implemented.

I'm not sure if I want a sequel to THIS game but crossing over with another universe would be nice. Like say, Spawn?

Yeah, I agree with TRMK and Tim. The gameplay is what "really counts" more then anything else, characters are fine. 20 is good, but perhaps we'll see 26 in the mid twenties.

It's really coming along. The graphics seem pretty crisp, the fighting appears fluid for the most part, the amount of characters are perfect. So it looks like gameplay has it's promises

Something I wish I could see is full 3D fighting, and impressive arenas like DOA has. MK doesn't have to sellout to the DOA and Soul Calibur styles, but it would add some more depth to the game.

The fatalities were what I expected from this series, toned down but you get the general idea of what's happening. I don't really see anything new going on with them, scorpions fire breath(which I like, but I hope he has another), and supermans ground pound(which looks familiar, sheeva in mk3), an uppercut to the moon would've been a little more original.

I think it plays very much like a 2D game, being that I love playing these games online etc and compare them you get a feel for the most part. This game has a lot less side stepping but still have the option(which I like) but plays I'd say 95% 2D after seeing these vides, jumping, blocking, attacks etc.

As for the Supes brutality, it's quite original also. He's a brute force character so it makes perfect sense if you seen him fight in the comics, cartoons and movies he often uses both hands or one to pound something into the ground or in general.

The moon idea would have been not bad I guess but that would have been less fun to watch, if anything throwing him threw a building or towards the sky would be better if you ask me honestly. There's also one difference between Supes/Sheeva's MK3, Sheevas used all 4 arms and your head stuck out with your shoulders and it was a different view. Supes pounds you into the ground with your arms and head hanging out.

I'm not sure if it was this interview or another but Boon did hint at everyone having at least 2 fatalities, since he said they were still working on the characters "fatalities" in one interview yesterday.:-D

Youre definitely right. There is just something missing. But I have a feeling they'll announce some cool mini-game or conquest mode or something other than just Arcade, Story Mode, and Online. They always do. Either that or they're taking time to make the story modes, cutscenes, and endings very cinematic.

These gameplay videos are nothing short of awesome Almost everything looks amazing.

I did notice randomness in blood splatter. In the beginning Flash would punch his opponent a number of times and no blood would come out, then he would do his running move and blood would come out. I'm assuming this is because it is just a demo and nothing is perfected yet, unless there is a blood on and off option. But this would still not explain the randomness in the same match.

I'm still not a fan of the Klose Kombat and the "Kounter" that comes out if you reverse it. Looks too boring and will just slow the match down.

Falling Kombat looks incredible, even though there is apparently 50 stories worth of graveyard. They drop twice for a decent amount of time each fall and arrive in a new graveyard each time.

Lastly, Batman looks pretty useless as a character.

Youre definitely right. There is just something missing. But I have a feeling they'll announce some cool mini-game or conquest mode or something other than just Arcade, Story Mode, and Online. They always do. Either that or they're taking time to make the story modes, cutscenes, and endings very cinematic.

These gameplay videos are nothing short of awesome Almost everything looks amazing.

I did notice randomness in blood splatter. In the beginning Flash would punch his opponent a number of times and no blood would come out, then he would do his running move and blood would come out. I'm assuming this is because it is just a demo and nothing is perfected yet, unless there is a blood on and off option. But this would still not explain the randomness in the same match.

I'm still not a fan of the Klose Kombat and the "Kounter" that comes out if you reverse it. Looks too boring and will just slow the match down.

Falling Kombat looks incredible, even though there is apparently 50 stories worth of graveyard. They drop twice for a decent amount of time each fall and arrive in a new graveyard each time.

Lastly, Batman looks pretty useless as a character.

Why does Batman look useless to you? He looks really fun to me. I LOVE the smoke bomb teleport move.

why not 2-D?

And why in the hell would you want the game to be anything like DOA? Of all the shitty 3-D fighters, DOA is the worst. Shit even SC & Tekken are crap in my book. The only 3-D fighter that ever felt right was VF, and even then, its still 3-D. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if I want a sequel to THIS game but crossing over with another universe would be nice. Like say, Spawn?

I dunno. I am still wishing Capcom would have gotten their hands on the DC universe, but Spawn, and the HellBoy universe would be killer. :D

@Jeary, just keep in mind dude these are early builds so not to worry much : )

Why does Batman look useless to you? He looks really fun to me. I LOVE the smoke bomb teleport move.

I agree, they just haven't finished his move set yet(again this comes down to early builds) I agree, his smoke bomb teleport sooooo fits Batman it's awesome, he has his leg take down, batarangs like Jade that some of which come back, I'm thinking he'll have a few more cooler moves too once this game is finished

I also want to say Supermans second brutality would be this, would be sick. Say he, picks you up, punches you wayyy high into the air and just flies up high catches you, spins you around and tosses you hard into the pavement and then flies down onto your head and stomps you into the ground posing. I think that would be freaking awesome but we'll see. I'm sure veryone will have at least two fatalities each and two brutalities or something similar.

I also agree with Tim, DOA's multi-tiered environments looked cool like 5 years ago but let's face it MK games surpassed that in terms of creativity and interactiveness since MKD-MK8, especially MK8 with the huge crators, insane specials on the way down....freaking nuts...:eek:

@SNOW, yep dude hehe you weren't seeing things. I thought I was the only one to notice that, that's freaking insane you saw the detail and that huge gorey hold in Scorpion's chest showing his bloody skeleton, yuck lol. Looked awesome, did you and did you also notice part of his ninja Gi was ripped off, hanging

Last edited:
Aw man I totally missed the exposed skeleton! I'll have to watch again. As for your 3D hate Tim, that's your issue. I for one love 3D fighters so we'll see how it compares for we fans of that genre.

But MKF30...are you kidding me with that stuff about Supes brutality? It's original because one has arms showing and one doesn't? Don't make excuses here, I don't mind that it's unoriginal but jeez don't make up stuff when there's barely any difference.

I just hope story mode is REALLY in-depth and lengthy. They did say there could be multiple endings etc. which means more replayability for me. And Boon said that he WANTS 2 finishers per character but time MIGHT not allow. So you can get your hopes up, but don't be dissapointed too much if it turns out badly.