New Trailer MK VS DC

Tim Static and Mkf30 guy - take a look at TRZA and Glamador and their responses. This is how you intelligently discuss both the positives and negatives of the thread. They looked at both sides of my comments and ageed with some and then what they did not agree with, they gave reasoning behind their opinions. You too just sit there and babble like 12 year olds going through puberty who are confused as to why their nuts havent dropped yet.

Anyways, thank you to Glamador and TRZA for brining some sense into this topic.

So apparently im a n00b now. Ive been here just as long as Glamdor and although he posts more than i do, Im the n00b and static guy and mk guy know what they're talking about. Why dont you two losers just sit back and and learn how to post respectfully and actually have a decent discussion.

Also, I could care less about reputation. It is just a shame that a couple morons can ruin a good site sometimes.

The graphics, while a huge leap from MKA, do lack a certain "I don't know what" when compared to Virtua Fighter 5 or Soul Calibur 4. I can't quite explain it but despite your comments on the "jaggedness" of the Soul Calibur graphics I can't help but look at that top picture and wish MKvDC was more like that. The character designs are extremely detailed while the MK designs are very plain by comparison. Sure they look "smooth" but does it take much to make NOTHING look smooth? There needs to be more there.

Exactly how i feel. Its obviously better than MKA, but there just something missing. The game is just not quite what it could be.

However, that's not to say the grahpics look horrible. They absolutely do not. The arenas look fantastic, you can't say they look at all low-poly or have stretched textures or poor art behind them. It's just...I don't know, just SOMETHING that seems like it's missing.

I love the arenas, they obviously put a ton of detail into these, but theres still some sortof "comic-book feeling" that i get from them rather than a dark feeling, but this might be their point with DC being involved, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

As for the gameplay. I think it looks incredibly like MKA and I know I'm going to get tired of seeing every character doing the same moves over and over.

Exactly what I said. It seems like they took the MKA fighting and bumped up the graphics a little bit, covered it up with Klose Fighting and Falling Fighting and called it a day.

As for the spear dissapearing into nowhere. Why, may I ask, is it any excuse to say "Oh but the older games did it that way"? Just because something was stupid before doesn't mean it should be stupid now. A neat new animation is exactly what you'd expect to see in the big jump to "new-gen" (It's not "next-gen" anymroe people, that was 2 years ago).

Thank you. Im not the only one who feels they could do better with the little things.

All-in-all I find it very easy to see where all the hate is coming from. The game play looks like the same dial-a-combo stuff as before, the animations look like exactly the same level of quality as MKA whatever anybody says to the contrary, and the klose and freefall kombat look like they're just there to "cover up" that nothing else has changed.

Thank you.

When klose and freefall kombat were compared to KAF earlier in this thread it was not meant that those new gameplay mechanics were "done before" or "methods of customization" it was meant that they were gimmicks to cover up shoddy gameplay. Note, I'm not saying the game play IS shoddy I'm just saying that's what the complaint was meant to convey, you seem to have misunderstood.

Honestly, i watched the Klose Kombat and the MKA KAF and there wasn't much difference besides the obvious head rips or legs rips. It looks very slow and the same gut punches with no emotion from either fighter besides a sound effect. It just seems so half-ass to me.

It's new gameplay people. We're going to pick it apart piece by piece and examine it. That's what the internet does. Some people will like what they see, some people won't. Not all of them will explain their views eloquently or with good grammar but that doesn't mean they aren't entitled to them. Instead of pointing out all the ways your fellow community members are stupid and wrong, how about engaging them and arguing your points in an organized manner? All this bickering accomplishes is to create a lot of unthoughtful posts with many spelling and grammar mistakes. (And one post with good grammar that's well thought out)

Honestly if everyone posted like this.....this would be a much better place

That certain "something" that you seem to be invoking is the art direction. Of course VF and SC are going to look a certain way because of their shared histories. They hail from a different tradition than does MK, so their art styles are going to differ as well. VF and SC - as well as Tekken, DOA, et al - share an anime-inspired look that, while fitting for those games, wouldn't mesh well with the tone or direction of MK. The SC screenshot features elaborate costumes, but there is plenty of clipping and muddy bumpmapping. While MK's fighting engine isn't considered "realistic," I'm more than happy that the art style has adopted a more photorealistic appeal, just as Boon pointed out on the SpikeTV interview.

Youre right here. Mk is different from these games although we might want to take bits and pieces from those series, we love MK because it is MK and it has its own identity.

As to the MK graphics being "smooth," that's simply a matter of MK possessing better anti-aliasing. MK has more polish and can stand toe to toe with any current generation fighting game. I stand behind my earlier point that MK has superior textures. As to character detail, the MK characters are all extremely detailed. The DC side isn't so much, but that's because of the nature of their costumes. There are only so many ways to spice up spandex.

I didn't notice this until you stated this. In my mind, when referring to graphics, I am looking at the DC characters and how crappy I think they look. This is because of the nature of their costumes. They're well....boring. I'm looking for incredible detail like Scorpion or Sub-Zero have and it just is not possible with The Flash or Superman.

If you think that klose and free-fall kombat are merely distractions from a sub-par fighting engine, then that's fair. But then, most people are arguing that this whole crossover concept between the two franchises is a distraction from the gameplay. Since we all seem to have moved passed that point, then I would hope that we could at least reserve judgment regarding those modes until after E3.

I don't know if I see them as distractions. I see them as a part of the game that was not necessarily needed. If they scrapped the Klose and Falling, maybe they could have used the time to focus on the gameplay more and this discussion of sub-par gameplay would not be an issue. I think Boon feels the need to always throw something extra in (Konquest, Kart, KAF, KAK, Klose, Falling) and while theyre all fun, I think they need to focus on the game at hand. It just seems they always get away from the important things in order to throw in the extras.

And we can call all of the none MK or DC fans haters or losers or whatever for them bashing the game and the MK series, but in reality those are the average fans who need to be impressed. And I'm not just an MK fan, I'm a video game fan and I visit other forums and those guys are picking the game apart much worse than anyone here has. It kindof sucks to see the series you love get torn apart, and even worse when these "haters" are right sometimes.

We are already fans and will be instantly pumped for the game no matter what. I think we tend to have a blind eye to the parts of the game that need serious attention.

Actually, Jeary I did read your posts they were just flat out ridiculous and nothing more then pointless hating. So, thus you were treated by MOST in here based off your comments. You were saying "MK8 looks like PS2 graphics" where's the logic or facts to back up this statement? I've yet to see some....in fact i've seen many others in here prove WHY that's BS actually.

And what are you reading seriously?Because I did post valid points, I told you WHY MKA's gameplay is different then MK8's but you just seemed to ignore that part or dodge it like the plague, perhaps you should re-read more carefully.

I did not call you a noob, if someone else did that's their case but I do know when I see something ridiculous when I see it....

I've debated with everyone in a very mature level who I disagree with, the problem is it bothers you so much that you have to "take shots or flame" now which proves you're A. losing the argument and B.getting desperate now, so obviously you feel the need to "take shots" in exchange for posting a valid argument.....

I really doubt that anyone here cares as much about "their rep" as you do....and there you go again, calling others morons...

You show your immaturity kid, when you want to stop being a "hater" and feel like accepting logical facts, then talk to me otherwise I'll just ignore your posts all together and assume you don't know what you're talking about without actual good facts to back it up.

As for loving or hating the game, nobody should be doing either. A game shouldn't be judged until the game is actually out and you're playing it. Nobody should be pre-judgmental or already passed jugdgment because those are the fans/haters whatever...who should just not follow this game at all at this point and just buy another fighting game.

That certain "something" that you seem to be invoking is the art direction. Of course VF and SC are going to look a certain way because of their shared histories. They hail from a different tradition than does MK, so their art styles are going to differ as well. VF and SC - as well as Tekken, DOA, et al - share an anime-inspired look that, while fitting for those games, wouldn't mesh well with the tone or direction of MK. The SC screenshot features elaborate costumes, but there is plenty of clipping and muddy bumpmapping. While MK's fighting engine isn't considered "realistic," I'm more than happy that the art style has adopted a more photorealistic appeal, just as Boon pointed out on the SpikeTV interview.

As to the MK graphics being "smooth," that's simply a matter of MK possessing better anti-aliasing. MK has more polish and can stand toe to toe with any current generation fighting game. I stand behind my earlier point that MK has superior textures. As to character detail, the MK characters are all extremely detailed. The DC side isn't so much, but that's because of the nature of their costumes. There are only so many ways to spice up spandex.

If you think that klose and free-fall kombat are merely distractions from a sub-par fighting engine, then that's fair. But then, most people are arguing that this whole crossover concept between the two franchises is a distraction from the gameplay. Since we all seem to have moved passed that point, then I would hope that we could at least reserve judgment regarding those modes until after E3.

Yeah, great post man. I totally agree. Tekken, SF and SC are all typical...you know they're going to look "anime-ish" which IMO gets predictable and boring after a while. That's a good point ^, MK's looks much better and @Glamador, I see what you're saying man but there's valid points and then just flat out stupid nonsense posts and banter like "MK8 looks like MKA", or "graphics aren't good" I actually think the MK graphics are looking more realistic then ever before, look at Sonya's hair, the costumes wrinkles, it looks so real like someone in spandex literally....

Now, I'm not saying you said this in general but some people act as if the graphics need to be better...yet they're already better or on par with their comp, so I really don't understand the "perfectionist" attitudes of some fans.

Not to mention I wish to bring up another point elaborating further on that, NO other fighter except MKvs.DC has sported the realistic damage, busted masks, torn or lost garments, realistic bruising, bloody noses, teared clothes, scraps and damaged costumes. SC, VF and SF lack in that deparment tremendously.

I can't see how anyone can logically think that the graphics look bad or not good enough after seeing the above comparisons that a lot of people posted in here already....

Mk8 easily is on par with other fighters if not better actually.

As for the fighting engine, honestly in that sense I think "no fighter" is realistic lol. But that's the joy of video games. I did love the martial art styles that MK used, DOA also.

This game seems more grapples, wrestling and street fight techniques besides the comicness of power throws, running thru walls etc. An interesting concept never done before.

As for total judgment, yes everyone should wait until the game actually comes out in terms of gameplay because nobody knows as far as "hands on personal experience" but I can say this, as a player that plays online at high level, I can easily say this is nothing like MKA's engine.

Last edited:
Mk guy, honestly go back and reread everything. You've missed the boat completely and are referencing to comments that you obviously did not look at because you are not only misquoting them, you are basically adding in a completely different story. By the looks of you referencing my comments, you read what i say and put a whole new spin on it.

Youve been here for a few months when ive been here for a few years. How im considered a hater is beyond me. I am just as big or bigger of an MK fan than anyone here. If you want me to go make a spiffy avatar and signature to show you, id be glad to.

I have not hated on anything i n this game besides the fact that DC is in it (but I have overcame the shock of that and have accepted it now.)

There is a huge difference between hating and criticizing a trailer. I was doing the later and the only morons here are you and Tim Static, who both need to go reread the posts and see that they were mere criticisms about the trailer released. Glamador and I agreed on 99% of the trailer, but you sit there and criticize me like you've been here forever. Stupid comments and namecalling like you started in this thread over an opinion you disagreed with is what will get you kicked out of TRMK and trust me, you will not be missed.

Jeary, what's with the "..I'm and old member here and stuff", you keep repeating that in your last 3 posts. I've been here since 2001 on the old trmk.com forum and I don't brag about it..

btw, mkinformer will be uploading on their site some e3 gameplay videos in a couple of hours, so many of our questions will be answered.

Jeary, what's with the "..I'm and old member here and stuff", you keep repeating that in your last 3 posts. I've been here since 2001 on the old trmk.com forum and I don't brag about it..

btw, mkinformer will be uploading on their site some e3 gameplay videos in a couple of hours, so many of our questions will be answered.

Thank you so much dude!
How many hours are we talkin' here? 2-3 or more in the 4-5 hour range?

Mk guy, honestly go back and reread everything. You've missed the boat completely and are referencing to comments that you obviously did not look at because you are not only misquoting them, you are basically adding in a completely different story. By the looks of you referencing my comments, you read what i say and put a whole new spin on it.

Youve been here for a few months when ive been here for a few years. How im considered a hater is beyond me. I am just as big or bigger of an MK fan than anyone here. If you want me to go make a spiffy avatar and signature to show you, id be glad to.

I have not hated on anything i n this game besides the fact that DC is in it (but I have overcame the shock of that and have accepted it now.)

There is a huge difference between hating and criticizing a trailer. I was doing the later and the only morons here are you and Tim Static, who both need to go reread the posts and see that they were mere criticisms about the trailer released. Glamador and I agreed on 99% of the trailer, but you sit there and criticize me like you've been here forever. Stupid comments and namecalling like you started in this thread over an opinion you disagreed with is what will get you kicked out of TRMK and trust me, you will not be missed.

Not really but it's quite obvious that you don't understand a thing I said....*shakes head*
I didn't put any new spin on it, I know what I read and that's why most of the thread disagreed with you...you just don't want to admit you were wrong, that's not my problem.

The time slot of me or you being here is irrelevant, I've been on MKO for over 4 years, this site few months and others a few years so I assure you I'm more then aware of MK, and have been playing it since MK1. Which MK game did you start playing it? And what exactly does a spiffy avy supposed to prove? lol you're going off topic...again

Actually, I'm a lot smarter then you I'm sure since you don't even understand WHY you're wrong, lol and this clown calls me a moron...wow. I wasn't going to say anything but you really are an idiot, you don't understand anything I'm saying, Tim only the people you "like" and are going off topic with stupid "spiffy avy's and I've been here longer then you, ha, ha" bs that has nothing to do with the topic...maybe if I mail you a dollar you can buy a better argument.

I'm not criticizing you, just pointing out why your post lacks logic with stupid statements....you're saying the graphics look like PS2...that's beyond dumb and beyond wrong, but hey keep thinking that and watch this whole forum laugh at you:zzz: I really don't care.

And I never named called you anything, you started by flaming me like you did twice now but not until now have I insulted you, but rightfully so. You apparently have trouble comprehending the English language and choose to ignore anything, I've posted, Tim and many others.....

Ohh and another thing, please stop making threats as if you're a mod because you're not ok.You seem to think because you've been here longer then me you have some kind of "priority" over me which you don't, so think again.

:ciao:

Last edited:
I didnt bother reading your last post, so lets just squash this little back and forth thing and return to talking about MK vs DC

Well the good news is, that latest gameplay footage (and interview) put a lot of complaints to rest. There's no dial-a-combo system (although I don't understand how it still looks that way) and the fighting will feel very 2D according to Boon. I'm excited.

Well the good news is, that latest gameplay footage (and interview) put a lot of complaints to rest. There's no dial-a-combo system (although I don't understand how it still looks that way) and the fighting will feel very 2D according to Boon. I'm excited.

I agree completely. I am very optimistic after watching the gameplay footage. Besides a few small details, the game looks to have a ton of potential.

I hope they put in a lot of work into the story mode and cutscenes as well as ending videos. They have the technology to do so now.