Marvel = Better Superheroes but DC = Better Villains

How is Hulk un-original?

I must have missed all the other comics about a scientist who survives severe gamma radiation and becomes a huge green suprememly strong raging monster when he becomes very angry.

Strength = done lots of times...
Transforming = lots of times..
Scientist involved = Again lots of times....
Green skin = I'm snoring by now.

Okay maybe the combo is unique, but overall he is reusing a lot of things the fantays/sci-fi genres have been using for years.

Seriously, at least with Superman you have a bit more then... "HULK SMASH!". Hulk is the most boring Marvel hero. His fights are repetitive and can end up worst then Superman's... I can go on if I wanted to but others would get annoyed... I find Hulk a step below my intereast levels...

Funny how probably my two least favorite superheroes are being argued about here. I think they're both "done" and simple and all their stories feel the same to me. If it weren't for Luthor Superman would be dead to me.

Proof

This thread = proof there should be a Marvel vs. DC game.

Such strong opinions can be resolved only in the ring!

:-D

You know? I agree. But wait! Let's have MK vs. Marvel vs. DC (MK first because we all know the first one named is the highest tier)! That way we can REALLY make some noise!

Totally agree with Angel's last post, but anywho...moving on lol

I think it would be *****ing if they made a DC/MK vs. SF/Marvel or perhaps MK/SF vs. DC/Marvel with all the best characters from every series, say about 70 characters in total or perhaps 50, take the best/move iconic from each series=ownage lol:mrgreen:

Well the thing about crossovers is you want to have everybody adequately represented. And that's always easier if there's a second game. I mean look at the roster from Marvel vs. Capcom 1/2. These kinds of universes only gain characters as we go (despite people dying a lot in MK...) and with MK, SF, Marvel, and DC having SO MANY possible fighters, it would just be too huge for people to do and still make a profit nowadays. But if you look at open source fighters like Mugen, or that new Card Battle fighter (card battle in name only, it's a fighting game) you'll see that if FANS devote a lot of time without expecting something in return, it can be done.

Ok ok... last lil' bit about Hulk/Superman... as MKF30-mkdc said everyone has their own taste, and of course the right to disagree. I concede that Superman is original, in the purest definition of the word, as he is the first name in super heroes period. He was the first, i.e. the original. Some people (myself included) take that word out of context when they actually mean to say uncreative. That is the word I'd use to describe Super, which I believe is the point Glamador was trying to get across. I'm backing his stance on that score, in respectful disagreement with you, MKF30-mkdc.

Oh and Tim Static brought up another good point: Superman's not invincible... there's kryptonite. Just my own opinion here again but, the only thing stupider than Superman's insane level of power is his weakness. You're telling me that this guy is a nearly indestructible extraterrestrial being from the very planet this rock came from. I was never clear on this... the guy was born on krypton and, had he never left the planet, he would naturally be accustomed to the presence of kryptonite.. yet SOMEHOW, now that he's on Earth, this very same element (which were he on krypton would be as harmless as a pebble) can weaken/kill (or whatever) this nearly unstoppable being. I'm sorry but, no matter what explanation DC cooked up for that it'd be to weird and abstract for me to accept as viable.

Angel, I believe you indirectly supported my point concerning the Hulk when you pointed out that Hulk's powers/origin are not original or particularly interesting on their own, but that the combination was original. That's what I meant when I said "we've heard this story... but let's hear your version". It was to say "we understand and are familiar with all of these themes, but where do you intend to go with it in this, your story?"

It's funny that I defended the Hulk so adamantly when I'm not even particularly a Hulk fan. Must have been the fact that I saw the movie so recently. Ed Norton is great, and I loved the flick. A vast improvement on that first horsesh** Hulk in '04. I'm accepting of the Hulk, but I don't accept his stupidity. It's not that it doesn't make sense for a big green monster to be stupid, but that I have a hard time getting behind a character who's most eloquent words are "Hulk SMASH!" I remember 'the professor', the merged version of Hulk, who was slightly weaker but vastly more intelligent. That's perhaps a less believable scenario, but for the sake of reading some real dialog I'll sacrifice a little credibility in the story.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's fine man we all have our likes and dislikes. Just want to establish something FTR, I never said Supes was "invincible" nobody, Hulk, Superman, X-Men, Justice League etc, etc are invincible. Supes was more or less at one point before they decided to make him more "vulnerable" Green K is pretty much the only thing that can KILL him or of course DD, but he's an exception and would kill anything....lol

But Magic also hurts Supes, it won't kill him but hurt him.

@Glamador, yeah that's what I'm saying. You have to select the roster carefully, chances are from what I've read there will be a MK vs. DC 2 at some point, Boon/DC kind of hinted at it....

So, hopefully if not this game I do hope to see Ermac and Fujin in the Next game at some point from MK's side. I hope lol. Perhaps Smoke too, personally I'd rather have Smoke over Noob or Reptile in the second game.

You have to select the roster carefully, chances are from what I've read there will be a MK vs. DC 2 at some point, Boon/DC kind of hinted at it....

Yes, DC signed on for 2 games. I dont care how good MKvDC is or does, I hope the 2nd game of the deal is DCvDC ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a DC game alone or DC vs. Marvel=Killer just like MK vs. SF=killer.

I think more fans would be for both those games separate as oppose to putting all 4 of them together, now that I think about it lol.

Can you picture Superman vs. Ken? or Hulk vs. Onaga? or Wolverine vs. Dan? lol...