wat was your first cheat on mk

scropionrulez

post here for wat was ur first cheat code for any mk game mine was a blood code for mk 1 for snes but i forgot it becus it was a long time ago but it was use full:mrgreen:

I used cheats on my Genesis copy of UMK3. I loved using Shao Kahn and Motaro as well as the various fun options like Dark Kombat and occasionally 1-hit KOs so I could practice my fatality inputs w/o having to go through a match. I like to test things in games. I'm the kind of guy that makes dozens of characters and saves in RPGs so I can test every single option and style of combat. I've got like 20 Diablo II characters and several dozen spells in Oblivion and I've played KotOR and KotOR 2 half a dozen times each so I can see every single fork in the road. So it just follows that I would want to quickly attempt every fatality.

But as soon as I realized that was possible on UMK3 I went and enabled cheats in MKII which are FAR more interesting. FERGALITY anyone?

A-B-A-C-A-B-B. I don't think I need to elaborate.

FERGALITY anyone?

Talk about your classic "what the ****" moment. That Genesis cheat menu for MK2 was awesome, though (as was the Fergality, in its own warped sorta way).

MK1 Sega Gen cheat code of course. It also got me through a few multiple choice tests in school whenever I slacked :)

i a;so know cheats on mk4 on how 2 play as goro and noob you go 2 the hiddin box thing on the char select and go up twice for noob saibot and up 3 times for goro i think there might be somethin else 2 tho but im not sure

oh yea you got 2 unlock the secret menu to do dat go to the options menu and hold rn blk for a few secends untill u hear outstanding and then do the char thing up 2 for noob and up 3 for goro and hold rn blk untill the match starts

Last edited by a moderator:
Use the edit button if you need to ammend your posts. Double posting is frowned upon in most forum communities.

I greatly enjoyed the MK4 cheat codes. Getting Noob Saibot and Goro were great treats for me and I especially loved Noob Saibot's scythe weapon. The cheats in MK4 were the last good secrets and cheats in an MK game. After that they simplified the secrecy by introducing the Krypt.

In a way I like the krypt system better. It rewards perseverence and each individual can eventually unlock all the stuff in the game without having to consult the internet for a code. But also you don't get to figure out the cheats and jump for joy when you see somebody found a new one.

When mk was the case cheats weren't so appealing , because the game was too good to cheat your way through it . plus : cheating is a sin ..:-D...:twisted: ....:_evil:

I'm not so strict about cheating. I have a policy that I like to beat a game at least once before cheating. As far as I'm concerned, when cheating makes it feel like I'm cheating myself, I don't do it. But if I'm just messing around and don't feel like concentrating very hard, I'll turn on cheats and just breeze through something. It's usually good for me when I'm having a bad day and I can just go and beat up people without fear of getting frustrated (or my brain is busted and I just don't want to have to focus that hard).

My first cheat... When I read a FAQ on how to beat Goro... What, reading how to do something without finding it out for yourself is "cheating" as such. And I think half of this forum would sheepishly admit to it if pride would allow them. Lol.

Well, like I said, if it feels like I'm cheating myself then I don't do it. If a boss is particularly frustrating to the point that even if I DID beat it myself, it wouldn't be satisfying or worth the trouble, then I check a guide.

Bottom line, only YOU know what cheating is for you. Really, cheating is only bad in a competitive setting. But if you're always competing with your friend for "who's the better gamer" like me then cheating is no-no (unfortunately he's winning).