Iron Man!!

satinsoven

once again, Marvel delivers. I think this movie came dangerously close to spiderman in terms of awesomeness. the humor was very clever and witty, which was good to see after being forced to sit through a trailer for another terrible adam sandler comedy. the effects and the robot suit also blew me away, and the acting was also pretty good, not corny at all. the story was pretty well though out(although that goes to marvel, not the writers). if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you do.

FUN FACT: it looks like they're gonna make another hulk movie. i saw the trailer, it looks to be more promising than the one from 2002 or whatever.

FUN FACT: i also saw the trailer for "Dark Knight". joker looks VERY dark and demonic, as does the whole movie itself. looks awesome.

I'd have to beg to differ with you on one thing. It's far better than any of the other Marvel films. Bar maybe the Dolph Lungdren Punisher.

I'd have to beg to differ with you on one thing. It's far better than any of the other Marvel films. Bar maybe the Dolph Lungdren Punisher.

well i just hope that you know when i say "dangerously close to spider man", i am referring to spider man 2. we all know that this easilly surpasses fantastic four, ghost rider, spider man 3, hulk(although that probably shouldn't even be mentioned) etc.

Yeah, I get what you meant, but I thought it was better than SM2!!!
Ghost Rider was a steaming turd. NICK CAGE? I don't care if it's his favourite character... that's shoddy casting.
Tobey and Robert have been placed perfectly as their respective superheroes.

I too thought it was better than Spider-Man 2. I think Iron Man is my new favorite Marvel film. As much as I liked SM2, what they did to Venom is unforgivable and it should have been THEM in the good movie...not that european bastard with a tentacle fetish.

Did anyone else notice all the clever allusions to the Mandarin in the film? The 10 rings? The main terrorist guy wearing that VERY conspicuous red ring? I thought the Iron Monger was a good first outing for the film, from a franchise standpoint, and considering how incredible the movie was it's guarenteed a sequel.

I thought the writing was spectacular, the casting was phenominal (ESPECIALLY Downey Jr. as Stark, he was perfect), and the pacing was terrific with just the right amount of action to compliment the human interaction parts.

However, I have noticed a trend in recent Marvel films. Has anybody else noticed that they show the actor's faces at completely unecessary times? In this movie, Iron Man lost his mask and Iron Monger opened up his suit for the final dialogue. In the 2nd Fantastic Four they showed more of Julian McMahon than Dr. Doom. And in Spider-Man 3 they showed Eddie Brock speaking (IN FIRST PERSON I MIGHT ADD!) when Venom would clearly have done the job better. The actors with all their battling for screen time is severely cutting into the on-screen battles we all want to see.

Well... All of the spiderman movies suck... i don't care what anyone says.

But on a good note i have heard this movie delivers. I really want to see this. Iron Man is one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Was the dark knight trailer a new one?

I don't think it was a new one, but I think it was the one shown at the comic conventions. I don't know if that one was released online.