Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: Only 20 Characters????

  1. #41
    Shokan General Glamador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Candyland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Xbox Live
    X Glamador X
    PSN
    Glamador
    Steam
    Glamador
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    Like I said it depends on the writer. But he has definitely been portrayed as going toe-to-toe with Batman in the past. Plus he's iconic, and he's in my top 5 favorite villains ever with Ganondorf and Sephiroth.

  2. #42
    Tarkatan Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MO
    Age
    32
    Posts
    463
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    I don't know much about the comics. I was always a marvel kid. The only sources i have of him is the movies and the old tv shows. I do want him in it i just think it'll be... weird. Hopefully he has that twisted look like in the Dark Night.

  3. #43
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NSB 808 96712
    Posts
    13
    Xbox Live
    FucUEse808
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    Why?!?!? Why is everyone supporting this?!?!? I love Mortal Kombat just as much as all of you guys do. And in the videogame world I tend to live and breath my Mortal Kombat. Why are you guys not upset at the fact that they merged these two franchises together? This is the worst idea ever, Mortal kombat has completely "Jumped the Shark" here, and a big chance of the game being rated "T"? Which makes the whole MK trademark "Fatality" system seem almost non-existant. Or if it is still intact then what?
    Batman ties up his defeated foe for the cops to haul them away? Aquaman if a characted in the game calls his Seahorse friends to pelt the opponent with bubbles? Scorpion can tickle them with his spear tip. Wonder Woman can use her Lasso of Truth to make her opponents reveal valuable information about her next opponent. Heck Sub-Zero can have a snowball fight as his Fatality.
    Ok besides the whole Fatality thing, most fighting games is just that. A fighting game, but to me Mortal Kombat was more than that. Each character had his or whole own life, an excellent bio and a written ending. Not like most other fighting games where you get a brief character bio, and a stupid visual ending, like in DOA or Tekken games. Or you get no ending at all like most fighting games. And now to merge it with DC Universe, I don't care what they do to the storyline it becomes preposterous already. This is like blasphemy in Mortal Kombat Universe, sorry just stating my opinion. And I am going to completely respect your but if you feel like flaming me, that is entirely fine, I will not verbally lash back. I'm just really upset at the thought of my favorite Fighting game series of all time going the way of every other bland fighter. Ever since this site announced the April 17th gamer day announcement I patiently waited like a kid at X-mas waiting for that toy he asked for, and instead being let down at the sight of a T-shirt saying "I love my Mom".
    Doesn't look "Darker" and "Grittier" to me either though. I honestly would have been satisfied with a complete re-hash of Mortal Kombat 1. I'm still kind of waiting for Boon to come out and say "Ha ha, this is just a side project with DC. Here is the real Mortal Kombat 8" I am in such disbelief that he did this.
    Anyway about the 20 characters, heh I'll just play along already... I agree with whoever posted the stuff about most of the Justice League for DC characters, and for MK they'll probably keep most of the popular names.

    MK:
    Scorpion
    Sub-Zero
    Stryker (I know, I know, Boon would never, but this is one of my personal favorites. Haha)
    Kitana
    Sonya Blade
    Liu Kang
    Shang Tsung
    Goro
    Baraka
    Raiden

    DC:
    Batman
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Green Lantern
    Martian Manhunter
    Joker
    Lex Luthor
    Super Girl

  4. #44
    Shokan General Glamador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Candyland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Xbox Live
    X Glamador X
    PSN
    Glamador
    Steam
    Glamador
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    You might consider searching the forums for a while before making such bold statements. If you take the time to look at the responses from when MKvDC was first announced you'll see that, like most of the MK community, most of the folks here were very opposed to the idea. Me and Goraka were pretty much the sole voices of reason around these parts.

    As for discussing that...well there are several better threads to post your rant in. For a first post you certainly didn't make a good impression. Sooo...either I assume you can't read (although you can write...which would be wierd) or you just want to incite somebody into an argument. I will not oblige you. Discuss it in another thread.

  5. #45
    TRMK Super Moderator DCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    My OWN pants-- oh wait, these aren't mine
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,684
    Xbox Live
    ryknowcore
    Thanked: 88
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    Quote Originally Posted by FucUEse
    Why?!?!? Why is everyone supporting this?!?!? I love Mortal Kombat just as much as all of you guys do. And in the videogame world I tend to live and breath my Mortal Kombat. Why are you guys not upset at the fact that they merged these two franchises together?
    We were. Many still are. The fact is, blind rage eventually loses its intensity, and most of us here have had enough time to calm down and accept that this thing is happening whether we like it or not. I wouldn't say everyone is supporting this as much as they are just trying to give it the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what happens.

    I still don't think this is a good idea by any stretch of the imagination, but as an MK fan, I want to see what comes of it before I decide whether or not it's worth my money. I wouldn't even say I'm optimistic about it, but I'm at least giving 'em a chance.

  6. #46
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NSB 808 96712
    Posts
    13
    Xbox Live
    FucUEse808
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    Once again I wasn't here to offend anyone or start anything. I don't post here anymore, or anywhere nowadays. I used to post here a long time ago under multiple alias' back when MK4 was out in arcades. I just randomly clicked on a thread from the home site to see what people were saying about this game. And don't worry I most likely won't post again, I just wanted to be voiced cause I am REALLY upset with the turn this series took. But I will most likely purchase the game and give my final (unposted) opinion about it.
    Lol... one of my other accounts is still active... last post was about Mortal Kombat: Deception... I love that game...
    Last edited by Cryozen; 04-24-2008 at 04:08 AM.

  7. #47
    New Kombatant CrispyDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    49
    Xbox Live
    CrispyDrag0n
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    Quote Originally Posted by FucUEse View Post
    Once again I wasn't here to offend anyone or start anything. I don't post here anymore, or anywhere nowadays. I used to post here a long time ago under multiple alias' back when MK4 was out in arcades. I just randomly clicked on a thread from the home site to see what people were saying about this game. And don't worry I most likely won't post again, I just wanted to be voiced cause I am REALLY upset with the turn this series took. But I will most likely purchase the game and give my final (unposted) opinion about it.
    Lol... one of my other accounts is still active... last post was about Mortal Kombat: Deception... I love that game...
    Don't worry about posting your opinion you are entitled to it, and you did state clearly that you weren't after a fight. Heck you even managed to post on topic, can't see any problem with your post. Can't say it's ok to have multiple alias though...

    Anyway time for myself to get back on topic, I've been seeing at various forums that people are after 25-30 characters and personally I think that is far too much. It also strikes me as weird that even though people aren't too keen on the idea, they still expect to be spoilt by it.

  8. #48
    Black Dragon Recruit jeary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    701
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    YA youre a few days late to jump on the complaining bus. I felt the exact same way when the news first released and am still disappointed by the T rating, but ive become more optimistic since then and am hoping for the best.

    In the meantime im trying to learn a bit about the potential dc characters until more news comes out.

  9. #49
    Black Dragon Recruit jeary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    701
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathcoreRyknow View Post
    We were. Many still are. The fact is, blind rage eventually loses its intensity, and most of us here have had enough time to calm down and accept that this thing is happening whether we like it or not. I wouldn't say everyone is supporting this as much as they are just trying to give it the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what happens.

    I still don't think this is a good idea by any stretch of the imagination, but as an MK fan, I want to see what comes of it before I decide whether or not it's worth my money. I wouldn't even say I'm optimistic about it, but I'm at least giving 'em a chance.
    Thats basically how i feel. I said this way back, this game will not be one that i reserve my premium edition months ahead of time and lose sleep waiting for the release date like i did with deception and armageddon.

    Ill simply wait a day or two after the release, wait for gamespots and the posters here to review it then most likely ebay it for $40

  10. #50
    Tarkatan Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MO
    Age
    32
    Posts
    463
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    Well i mean he probably didn't know his other username still worked. When i logged in here after a three year absence i didn't expect mine to still work, however, as Ryknow said most of us were upset. Now you have to look on the bright side: no stupid half-assed stories or characters, no KAF, and no more MKA disappointments. Right now everything is already disappointing right off the bat (no pun attended), so now we're just waiting for the gameplay to either be good.... or disappointing.

  11. #51
    Black Dragon Recruit jeary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    701
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Only 20 Characters????

    Quote Originally Posted by highwaytothelost View Post
    Well i mean he probably didn't know his other username still worked. When i logged in here after a three year absence i didn't expect mine to still work, however, as Ryknow said most of us were upset. Now you have to look on the bright side: no stupid half-assed stories or characters, no KAF, and no more MKA disappointments. Right now everything is already disappointing right off the bat (no pun attended), so now we're just waiting for the gameplay to either be good.... or disappointing.
    Ya true, the game can only go uphill from here, whereas MKA was the opposite.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •