Only 20 Characters????

If you go onto the official website you can click Sub zero's eye which brings up a screen with 16 ( i think) question marks maybe meing that thers going to be 32 and 16 from each side

If you remember from the last games he did this two and they were images, not necessarily characters. Just random stuff about the new game.

And yes it is possible to add a new character via DLC. Soulcaliber is doing it with their release this year.

He also said "probably" to the T rating, which gives me about 2% hope of maybe going to M

I've been thinking that too. The fact that he hasn't said it's a definite T-rating gives me some hope to grasp for.

I can also hope that the DC guys will at some point say "ah **** it, it's a Mortal Kombat game, we're the ones invading your universe-- go for it, Ed".

i was actually reading it and it says that there is tag team story mode in which you choose one mk and one dc and you see to perspectives of a storyline. that's pretty good but i really think this game will suck if there is 20 characters total. maybe they meant 20 each?

I don't think he meant a tag mode persay. I think he meant you play through the story twice but from different perspectives. Not as a team.

I think he did mean a tag mode. I'm positive he mentioned picking one from each side and playing through the story that way. If that's not what he meant, it sure sounds like it.

Watch the Boon interview on Gamespot again. At around 50 seconds he talks about the way he wants to do it. And it really sounds to me like two distinct stories from each world's perspective. NOT a tag team deal.

Yeah, you can play through the MKs side and the DCs side. Not together. Remember these worlds are colliding. They are going against each other. And also in the interview he says they are going to push the rating as close to the Mature, and if they hit that they're going to take a step back. Trust me this will be "T"

Yeah, you can play through the MKs side and the DCs side. Not together. Remember these worlds are colliding. They are going against each other. And also in the interview he says they are going to push the rating as close to the Mature, and if they hit that they're going to take a step back. Trust me this will be "T"

That's what I gathered as well. I'll try to get some clarification.

I think he did mean a tag mode. I'm positive he mentioned picking one from each side and playing through the story that way. If that's not what he meant, it sure sounds like it.

I'd actually like that, a bit like Legacy of Kain: Defiance, where you take turns between to two. Not necessarily Tag, but alternating as the story unfolds. The option just to play as one should be there though, as should a Tag option

Ten characters each if their doing this 50-50.

Ten MK fighters, three of them straight away will be:
-Raiden
-Sub-Zero
-Scorpion

Ten DC fighters, two of them straight away will be:
-Superman
-Batman

Thats 7 MK and 8 DC characters. Presuming 50-50 bad guys, DC has 3 heroes and 5 villians left to do. I don't know if Raiden's going to be evil, persuming he is good thats 3 goodies and 4 villians left for MK.

I'm presuming the villians will be rivals, so if Superman is here you'll see one of his villians. Batman likewise.

Pretty sure you can add The Joker to the DC must-haves.

General Zod for Superman's nemesis!

Whether Raiden, Sub or Scorp are good/evil depends on the timeline this is set in ...

I don't think he meant a tag mode persay. I think he meant you play through the story twice but from different perspectives. Not as a team.

Thank you, you're one of the few people that seems to understand that sometimes people use words incorrectly and don't convey what they mean properly. We really have to stop taking Boon so literally, it only leads us to disappointment. At the end of the day he's a human being subject to making mistakes, I don't know where people got the impression he was simply a man of facts. :dong:

I think he meant the use the word 'dual', i.e, two storyline happening at the same time, showing two different sides to one story.

Pretty sure you can add The Joker to the DC must-haves.

General Zod for Superman's nemesis!

Whether Raiden, Sub or Scorp are good/evil depends on the timeline this is set in ...

Joker makes sense, very iconic DC character. But I don't think Zod is that iconic at all actually. Again this isn't good vs evil guys, this is MK vs DC. Focus on the biggest characters of each franchise. I would bet to see most of the Justice League on the DC side.

I'm considering putting up a survey that people can vote on to be their 12 favorite characters from each franchise. I'll take those results and see how close we are to actually guessing the game's roster.

Who knows? Maybe we'll have an influence on the game's roster? I think that's a great idea. So you would just take a HUGE list of characters and we get 12 votes?

Okay this bugs me. I know the Joker is iconic but he has no abilities what so ever. I mean is he just going to throw gadgets? I love him as a character but i do no think he would fit in MK.

And that's a good idea Pat.

And what would Batman do? Throw gadgets? The Joker (depending on the writer) is also an accomplished hand-to-hand fighter and believe it or not, YES HE WOULD USE HIS GADGETS. Squirting acid flower? Exploding Jacks? Joker Venom? Seriously I see no problem with the Joker.

I for one would love to see the Joker make the cut, him and Lex Luther, are to me, the most iconic of the villains from the DC Universe. They just never stay down, perfect MK material.

I want the Joker's fatality to be just one sick joke. That is MY defination of Joker. He wants to make you laugh, but he'll kill you trying. He'll set a crime, because he has a twisted mind. Above else - he a genius at what he does as well to boot.

And what would Batman do? Throw gadgets? The Joker (depending on the writer) is also an accomplished hand-to-hand fighter and believe it or not, YES HE WOULD USE HIS GADGETS. Squirting acid flower? Exploding Jacks? Joker Venom? Seriously I see no problem with the Joker.

Batman is a well masted martial artist. I've never known the joker to be a good hand-to-hand fighter.