Boon was right about a few things...

The 7th Number

When he first talked about MK8 he said a few things that seem to be true, but not what we envisioned.

- Only a handful of characters would live on.
......hopefully there is at least 15 or more characters on each side. Anything less would be a disappointment. Dont really expect to see any NEW characters, as that would defeat the purpose of this game.

- There is no back linked story to the past MK games.
.....yes the games wont be linked to the past MK games.....now i can see why, but its not what i thought.

- The game would be inspired by Gears or War, and be darker.
.....from the first screen shot i can see this, darker as in more sadistic. Graphics to look more like Gears rather than cartoons.

So i few things he was being honest with us, i think we just thought in another direction....honestly i think the fans had a better idea of what the next game should have been. lol

I doubt any characters storyline with be involved in this game.

Its just 2 worlds, colliding, this one time. I mean, in that blurred pic of Scorpion sparring with Batman, he looks more like MK2 Scorpion, almost Shaolin Monks Scorpion, not 3-D MK Scorpion.

If i sound like im complaining then i must say that wasnt the intent on this post. The post was made to show that boon wasnt lying about what he said. Just that most of the MK fans thought he was going in a different direction.

I didn't said you were complaining. I was just expressing my views that mortal Kombat online fans are annoying. How can they judge a game before it's seen. Weird.

I think they are just pissed off on the fact that MK8 is a vs game and not a lone MK game with a story and other modes. It could be a great game, but i feel the same way. I was thinking this game would be a totally new MK game, but its not really a MK game at all, especially if there are no fatalities and little blood. Hopefully these things will be answered in the trailer they show today. So in other words i dont think people hate the game, just the idea of the direction they went.

Im pissed off, i havent even heard of a good 80% of dc characters and i assume im not the only one. I plan on complaining and whining for the next few days until all the info comes out and then ill quit on MK forever if this is true.

This is like combining teletubbies with the nhl. It makes zero sense.

Unless theyre looking to wipe out their past fans and start on a clean slate, this is awful.

Batman and joker are the only ones who have the potential to be dark. Superman, robin, flash, catwoman, wonder woman. How freaking boring.

TMNT would have been better, atleast they have weapons and arent invincible. Superman doesnt die, especially by a spear or a punch. What is scorpion going to find some kryptonite and throw it at him.

Abomination...* plain and simple.* I can't say I hate the game without seeing it yet, but I'm definitely leaning that way.* I was pissed when I heard it was possibly going to be a vs. game anyways.* No other company is going to let their characters be killed.* That told me right there fatalitites were probably out.* What the hell was Boon thinking?* John Tobias needs to come back and kick his ass if its true.

If the DC heads of the company say none of the characters can "die" or w/e then they need to watch Justic League or other cartoon shows where some of the heroes do die or get injured.

http://uk.gamespot.com/index.html?tag=nav-top;home&navclk=home

Theres your damn gameplay

some points from the article (from neogaf)

The game's story is still being kept under wraps but, generally speaking, a cataclysmic event causes the DCU and MK universe to start merging. This provides the perfect setup for the game's story mode, which will offer two perspectives on the situation. You'll be able to play through two separate storylines, one from each side, which lay out what the heck is going on. The cataclysm in the story is driven by magic, which is a handy device that is tapped for the gameplay. The mystic elements that run through the story help keep the fighting balanced as it helps make a conflict between Superman, whose only vulnerability is magic, and characters like Sub-Zero and Scorpion, actually make some sense.

The other key element to the game is balancing the game mechanics to ensure the whole experience plays well. As if sweating the roster and story weren't enough, Boon and his ambitious team have opted to revamp the whole fighting system for MK's next gen debut. This has led to a "clean slate" approach that has the team re-examining every aspect of the combat system. While you'll see some hints as to what's going on with the fighting system in the teaser trailer

The three major ones that are ready to be discussed are Klose Kombat, Freefall Kombat, and stage interaction.

Klose Kombat is a mode you'll initiate which pulls in the camera in close and has its own separate mechanics. Basically, when you initiate the mode you'll be the aggressor and your opponent will be on defense. In this closer view you'll be able to attack your foe's upper body with different types of blows for a set period of time, the exact duration of which is still being ironed out. To keep things fair, your opponent will be able to perform a number of different defensive moves to dodge your attacks, provided they're fast.

Freefall Kombat is another change of pace, tied in part to stage interaction. The mode is another player initiated sequence which is kicked off by you flinging your foe off a stage. Unlike previous games you won't just follow them down or watch yourself drop. Instead the camera willl come in and you'll be able to fight on the way down. You'll have a slightly tweaked set of possible attacks in this mode, much like Klose Kombat. From what we've seen, it appears your big motivation in these sequences is to gain the advantage on the way down and land on your opponent, for an added damage bonus. Part of this mode is tied to the stages, which appear to feature a different basic design than the previous games. The fighting areas will be a bit wider, to support throwing your opponent through walls and, in some cases, much taller, to allow enough time for fighting during freefall.

A more potentially controversial change to the system is the game's fatalities. According to Boon, there will definitely be fatality-like finishing moves, but they may not be called fatalities. After all, it's doubtful that Superman or Batman would be ripping out anyone's spines or hearts. That said, the team is hellbent on pushing the limits to what they can do with the DC characters, so you can expect to see blood and some level of damage accumulate during a fight.

http://uk.gamespot.com/index.html?tag=nav-top;home&navclk=home

Theres your damn gameplay

some points from the article (from neogaf)

The game's story is still being kept under wraps but, generally speaking, a cataclysmic event causes the DCU and MK universe to start merging. This provides the perfect setup for the game's story mode, which will offer two perspectives on the situation. You'll be able to play through two separate storylines, one from each side, which lay out what the heck is going on. The cataclysm in the story is driven by magic, which is a handy device that is tapped for the gameplay. The mystic elements that run through the story help keep the fighting balanced as it helps make a conflict between Superman, whose only vulnerability is magic, and characters like Sub-Zero and Scorpion, actually make some sense.

The other key element to the game is balancing the game mechanics to ensure the whole experience plays well. As if sweating the roster and story weren't enough, Boon and his ambitious team have opted to revamp the whole fighting system for MK's next gen debut. This has led to a "clean slate" approach that has the team re-examining every aspect of the combat system. While you'll see some hints as to what's going on with the fighting system in the teaser trailer

The three major ones that are ready to be discussed are Klose Kombat, Freefall Kombat, and stage interaction.

Klose Kombat is a mode you'll initiate which pulls in the camera in close and has its own separate mechanics. Basically, when you initiate the mode you'll be the aggressor and your opponent will be on defense. In this closer view you'll be able to attack your foe's upper body with different types of blows for a set period of time, the exact duration of which is still being ironed out. To keep things fair, your opponent will be able to perform a number of different defensive moves to dodge your attacks, provided they're fast.

Freefall Kombat is another change of pace, tied in part to stage interaction. The mode is another player initiated sequence which is kicked off by you flinging your foe off a stage. Unlike previous games you won't just follow them down or watch yourself drop. Instead the camera willl come in and you'll be able to fight on the way down. You'll have a slightly tweaked set of possible attacks in this mode, much like Klose Kombat. From what we've seen, it appears your big motivation in these sequences is to gain the advantage on the way down and land on your opponent, for an added damage bonus. Part of this mode is tied to the stages, which appear to feature a different basic design than the previous games. The fighting areas will be a bit wider, to support throwing your opponent through walls and, in some cases, much taller, to allow enough time for fighting during freefall.

A more potentially controversial change to the system is the game's fatalities. According to Boon, there will definitely be fatality-like finishing moves, but they may not be called fatalities. After all, it's doubtful that Superman or Batman would be ripping out anyone's spines or hearts. That said, the team is hellbent on pushing the limits to what they can do with the DC characters, so you can expect to see blood and some level of damage accumulate during a fight.

Must you post the same thing in 4 different threads?

I've started a new thread for the Gamespot information, so please use that as oppose to posting this in every thread possible.

I think they are just pissed off on the fact that MK8 is a vs game and not a lone MK game with a story and other modes. It could be a great game, but i feel the same way. I was thinking this game would be a totally new MK game, but its not really a MK game at all, especially if there are no fatalities and little blood. Hopefully these things will be answered in the trailer they show today. So in other words i dont think people hate the game, just the idea of the direction they went.

This is exactly what I am feeling.