A fans reaction...

Angel

Okay, I'm a DC fan, so this is both exciting and not exciting at the same time. On the one hand, it might explain why you can make half the DC universe characters in MK:Arm's Create a fighter section...

A DC Fans reaction:

Anyway. I feel some success has been made here with this installment, but only for DC. Obivously, DC wanted its own Marvel Vs Capcom clone, but can't go to that company out of prinicpel with Marvel I guess. So, being Marvel's rival you go to Capcom's rival. DC is

It could be good, but I'd like to see characters from across the DC universe rather then purely the big three (Batman, Superman Wonder Woman). That includes Teen Titians, Legion of Superheroes, JLA, Outsiders, Birds of Prey, etc. Basically, it needs the right set of characters to work. DC has the potential to exploit this game more then MK can, it has a appeal to a lot more people then MK ever has and MK does slide towards the ever dark storylines DC is heading down. For DC, a game of this calibeur (I wouldn't have gone down to Vs though) is long awaited.

Also, DC might produce a comic for this, o the potiental for DC to exploit MK for all its worth is there. They might never do that. Also, if any figures and things like that are produced, your gonna get DC fans buying it for the likes of Superman, and having to put up with getting the likes of Scorpion alongside it. There is a lot of potential here for the game. Who knows, you might see MK in the Vs system coming out of this or Heroclix... I don't know and also don't care.

Also, DC is at its height in ages with A LOT of projects going on. It has the big "Countdown to Crisis" storyline coming on that pretty much would fit into. I can see why it would come out now. It could be like when DC and Marvel got together and did their crossover with each other, they say they entered the Marvel universe and when the crossover was done with, say the gateway to the MK universe is closed forever. Which means this would be a one-off game.

As an MK Fan:

DISAPPOINTING!

Come on Ed Boon... It doesn't matter if DC paid Midway heaps of cash or whatever. I'd have thought you guys were better then this...

So all the last decade of storyline, build up to MK:Arm to suddenly shatter it all in one go. Not only that, but if you fail this time, its gonna be a disaster for two companies not just midway. Two years of waiting for a break in the silience leds to a dead end. A lot of fans are reacting the same way, Ed Boon, you'd better make this one work! This won't save the game if you screw up, half the MK fanbase has already flocked away. As others have said, this kind of thing is a decade too late and only works these days in Japan.

As for buying this game?

Only if there is a couple of Legion of Superheroes character in it...

...Or Darkseid (Funny thing in saying that is I don't even like Darkseid... I just know 75% of DC fans like him to the point of they won't shut up or be happy unless he shows up).

I am not a DC fan, do i'm not sure if i will even buy it, maybe my Dad will, I don't plan on it.

This is a huge upset for me.

I've been a MK fan since MK1. I was one of those who lined up in the arcade to play. Last time around with the create a fatality almost shook me loose from the MK universe (among other small things in the past IE robot ninja's) but anyway this will do it. MK characters vs superheros??? Makes no sence. I sadly say I will NOT be purchasing this game. My first MK game not purchasing. Way to go Boon and Midway execs! It just goes to show money overpowers everything! Superman Vs Subzero??? Come on now!!! :(

This better be only the wii version and then have an amazing only MK version for ps3 and 360.

This sucks. Aqua man versus scorpion. What a joke. Hell be throwing dolphins at him. How stupid. Atleast do street fighter or someone cool.

If there are no fatalities and this is the only game, im officially done with MK forever.

Out of all of the bad ideas Midway has ever had.. this has got to be the worst. I'll still probably play, but I highly doubt I buy it.

-- Malitor

Please let it be a joke, i hope it is.

Marvel VS DC would be the best game EVER in it's genre but MK VS DC.......i hope to god we're getting trolled EPICLY.

I have been playing since 93 when MK1 first showed up in my mall arcade. I am a past MK2 arcade champion, and MK4 champion. The game has been sliding downhill thru the past incarnations, but not the series has truly hit rock bottom. MK is a lone entity. It doesn't need someone else's characters to come in and try to breathe new life into it. The fact that Midway has even considered this tells me that they are not serious about MK anymore. Dickheads!

You people all disgust me...you havn't seen even ONE thing about this game and you're already dissing it. I'm officially sick of the hate. I'm not going to go on a rant like in other threads about wait and see. I'm just gonna say **** you all.

Except you TC. Your post was good and balanced.

I am dissapointed just as much as everyone else, but we have to wait untill we play it. I don't want it any more than anyone else, and if their aren't fatalities i believe everyone will leave the series, even ed boon, there will be fatalites, but of what cailber thats the question

Thank god im not the only one, Boon was talking about Gears of war and dirty and dark but let me tell you, this DC bull-shit has nothin to do with all he said before except when he said that they gonna start fro scratch!! not realu happy no no Boon not the way to do things

Well people the trailer has been seen on gamesrader. Just watched it. Sub looks like he's in his MKSM costume and Batman looks sort of old-school. Not the leather-clad Batman from the movies, good old spandex.

ya and it looks like crap without blood and most likely without fatalities, so it sucks.

I buy mortal kombat for the amazing storyline and the brutal fatalities. I dont want another fighting game. if so id go buy tekken or soulcaliber before this piece of crap.

I am judging it and it sucks. Im a mortal kombat fan, not a dc fan.

Lets combine the nhl and nfl. That would be fun too. **** no, this sucks

Dude Jeary you need to calm the **** down, only one detail has been released yet and that that damn NAME. You have no idea if there are going to be fatalities, you need to get over it, if you not going to buy it, then stop talking about it and leave.

I'll second that, it's nice to see a new member who isn't just complaining. And plus, there is blood, it's right there in the trailer.

Hehee... The MK fans always critise their fan-game. Whereas DC just don't. Which properly explains why half of me wants this game and the other half doesn't.

I just don't think this game is gonna work out.

/thread

How is the storyline gonna fit in?
"Scorpion has a new challenger. It was Batman that killed his wife and child."