How would you feel if this game is...in fact a VS game?

God it's not soon enough! I was hoping the conference would be around 1 or 3. Not at night! Damn looks like i'll have to crack some buds to keep me occupied.

I really wouldn't like it much, gameplay would be a big issue, i mean i just don't see scorpion vs spiderman, just wouldn't be right to me.

Seriously though, DC seems very unlikely, look at how many super heros they have that are against violence, mind you, i've always wanted to kill Aquaman.

Also, like superman doing a fatality? i mean come on, i could see street fighter though.

I'm just saying, i highly doubt there is going to be a VS mortal kombat. Boon is smart, he can fool us all.

Then they might as well make a crossover with my little ponies if they're scraping fatalities. Just keep your eyes on the minute by minute update on the homepage guys.

We're all just going to have to be patient. Jeff and Pat will tell us as much as they're allowed to. Unfortunately, that may not be much right now.

We've already waited this long, so if we have to wait one more lousy day, I don't think it's that big a deal.

I will be deeply hurt if this game proves to be a a VS. game. When I first heard this I was pissed, it could be done but I am certain I don't want it this iteration. The MK series has got to revive this series after putting out Armageddon. I don't believe a VS. game has the ability to revive the series like most of us fans want. I wouldn't mind next time but this time I want it to be pure, plus the Midway Gamers Day update said it was beautiful and dark. I just don't believe that you can make a dark game with DC Comics. Plus no one really likes DC comics, sure we all like batman and superman but no one else, but it just couldn't be dark with them.

now granted, the real world rarely follows logic, but i dont see how this could be a VS game and at the same time be this massive re-envisioning of the game, unless Ed Boons new vision of MK is to sell his license out to the highest bidder to make money. If that is what really boils down to, than I'm out on MK for a long damn time.

I also dont think it would be smart to do a vs game in which most of the old, iconic, characters are gonna be sitting out, which is what we've been told.

Well. It IS the versus game. And really, I'm just happy to have MK back in my life. Vs. or not, we'll see if it lives up to the namesake soon enough. I'm waiting for more info before I judge it. I don't like to be a nay-sayer without seeing some evidence to the crapiness. At least the art looks gritty and dark as promised.

i was really really really hopeing for them to get real this time example - fatality nock opponent to his or her knees and proceed to put a foot on shoulder and grab the bottom of jaw and back of there head, twist and remove.

Honestly, i'm not to happy. Why, seriously, why would they do this, mortal kombat was one of the best games i ever played, and bringing this in? /Fail.

My opinion.

ok, i hate to spoil everyone's fun of waiting, but worldscollide.com is registered to hollandhart.com and has been since 2002 and doesn't expire until 2010. now, i could be wrong, but like ed boon's site for the whois information on that is registered to midway(without going in to too much technical detail as i'm not going to give away anyone's personal info). mkarmageddon.com is registered to midway, so....in theory wouldn't you think if worldscollide.com was in fact going to be the home of the new mk game that it would also be registered to midway? just my opinion, but i think someone's yanking your crank, trying to get you champing at the bit even more for the press embargo to be over with...but that's just my opinion.....

well i decided to do a little research, so unless hollandhart is an umbrella corporation and not an actual law firm as is stated on their website, and midway's been plotting this for 6 years, then ok, i'll give them credit for that. but i seriously doubt that's what's going to happen. at least with dc, whether it's a vs. game or not, i don't know. but worldscollide.com is definately meant to be a rouse. at least, imo.

biggest disappointment ever
. ;-(

mk is a sell out now. (!)

it's so sad. midway don't have new ideas for new charakters and storys.
they need other companies to save there asses.

i thought they will blow us away with photorealistic charakters??
i'm a grown man and don't wanna play with superboy and supergirl.

im out... ;-(

why don't we wait until we see the real announcement from midway/ed boon before we start saying that we're boycotting the mk series.....cause personally i think it's a little premature to judge what the game is going to be......