MK Deadly Alliance/Deception storyline question?

chrisb182

In MK:DA, once Shao Kahn is killed by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, we are lead to believe that Shao Kahns army withdraws from Edenia !?!!?!

it was then Shang Tsung and Quan Chi make some of the villagers in Outworld build a fortress for Shang Tsung. It was during this scenario that in MK:D, Shujinko (as a young man) is captured by Kano and the events lead him to be held prisoner in Lei Chen by Hotaru.

Several years later, Shujinko breaks free (with help from Dairou) and goes to Edenia to claim the last Kamidogu.

............... now here's the weird part.

When in Edenia, Kitana says that SHAO KAHN is invading the realm of Edenia and that she wants Shujinko to go and release Queen Sindel who is being held captive by Tanya. She then finds out that Shao Kahn's armies have withdrawn and he is supposed dead (this is by the hands of the Deadly Alliance) !!!!!!!!

How did this happen? Did Shujinko travel back in time to Edenia ????? And wasn't it Jade that defeated Tanya to help Queen Sindel escape?

Could anyone enlighten me on what ACTUALLY happened ???? Its sooooo confusing !!!!!

I completely understand ghow you could've been confused, the stroy has the tendency to switch up and confuse many people. welcome to the realm forum of MK! If you look back at deception you have to ignore most of the characters (if you can!) shujinko's story line doesn't start until around the time of the first mk tournament, and therefore he has a head start in the storyline. To tell you the truth shao kahn's army has been in edenia for years now and at the time of sindel's capture and shao kahn's death was everything still taking place. the only other explanation for this is havik's ending when he resurrected shao kahn, which was fake but could've been an important part of your theory to prove it to be true.

What I think may be confusing you is the events after MK3 and during MK4. After MK3 Kitana tried to separate Edenia from Outworld and ended up in a war with Shao Kahn's armies. In MK4 she allied herself with Goro and that's why she was at his funeral afterwards. The time Shujinko pops in must be just before, and then just after, MKDA starts.

What I think may be confusing you is the events after MK3 and during MK4. After MK3 Kitana tried to separate Edenia from Outworld and ended up in a war with Shao Kahn's armies. In MK4 she allied herself with Goro and that's why she was at his funeral afterwards. The time Shujinko pops in must be just before, and then just after, MKDA starts.

Well in MK:D he is seen in Outworld AFTER the Deadly Alliance had killed Shao Kahn when they are building Shang Tsungs Palace.

Then more or less at the end of MK:D (after his imprisonment for several years), he appears in Edenia where Kitana says Shao Kahn is attacking Edenia (only for her to find out that KANO'S troops had withdrawn following Kahn's death ... supposedly at the hands of the Deadly Alliance) and Sindel is being held prisoner.

Now as far as I'm aware Sindel has only been imprisoned twice.

1) When Shinnok and Quan Chi invaded Edenia in MK4
&
2) When Onaga invaded Edenia in MK:D (this is where Kitana is possessed by Onaga and guards her mother in prison)

Shao Kahn, as far as I recollect, has never invaded Edenia when Sindel has been held prisoner (in MK3:UMK;MKT - Sindel was resurrected on EARTHREALM and it was Kitana's mission to turn her against Shao Kahn)

The latter events of Shujinko being in Outworld and Edenia seem to be the wrong way round.

To me it surely should have gone like this: -

1) Shujinko goes to Edenia when Sindel was captured at the time of SHINNOK and QUAN CHI'S invasion (MK4). He sets Sindel free as the Earthwarriors defeat Shinnok and Quan Chi and receives the Edenian Kamidogu. Kitana then goes onto to make an alliance with the Shokan and Shujinko is made an honoury Edenian Knight.

2) He then goes to Outworld at the time of MK:DA. At this point the DA have defeated Shao Kahn and Liu Kang, and they are preparing to invade Edenia by enslaving the Outworld civilians to build Shang Tsungs Palace. Shujinko is arrested in Lei Chen by breaking a curfew. He is broken out at the same time Shang Tsung's Palace is near completion (this could be the several years as explained earlier), and he gains the last remaining Kamidogu (the Orderrealm Kamidogu) and travels to the Nexus and ultimately unleashes Onaga who arrives in Outworld just in time to kick Shang Tsung, Quan Chi and Raiden's ass !!!

What does everyone think?

I see where you're coming from with them building the palace for the Deadly Alliance and then citing Shao Kahn's "recent" demise as a reason later...but MKD's Konquest was mostly fan-service. They tried to fit in as many side-quests and character cameos in as many places as they could, even if it didn't make complete sense. And it did it's job well, despite some minor continuity errors.

It would be hilarious if they confirmed that the Shao Kahn that died in MK: DA was Reiko after his MK4 ending.

Well...umm...not really possible since Reiko is in MKA and they already confirmed that it was a clone...if you mean it would be funny is that's the way it turned out then yea...it would be, but they can't confirm it can they?

They can.

Whos to say that when Havik revived Shao Kahn in his Deception ending that he really revived Reiko?

If Shao Kahn was never killed, then he can't be revived.