I've just bought MK3...

antonye

...for obvious reasons, but not just *any* old MK3...

mk31ih6.jpg

It's an MK2 cabinet that has had the Midway MK3 upgrade kit applied to it, hence the mismatch between the original MKII cabinet and the MK3 banner, joystick layout and the game inside.

Had a play last night and took me a long time to get back into the swing of it, even set on Novice ladder with the game set on Very Easy!!

It's a v2.1 ROM (the latest I think?), and has already had the Kombat Kode applied so you can play as Smoke. I checked in the menu but couldn't find how to reset this option. I may do a factory reset, but there's loads of cool book-keeping figures in there that I don't want to lose.

It's a huge cabinet and in need of a some TLC. I would ultimately like to source an MK2 board and maybe swap that in, along with a proper MK3 cabinet.

Fun days ahead!

Man that is kick ass. But of course I would rather have a nice MKII arcade cabinet. I was never very good at MK3 in the first place. Playing it on an emulator even now I can't seem to beat the Novice ladder on anything but very easy.

I have a MK3 cabinet with a UMK3 marquee, and a MK2, MK3 & UMK3 jamma boards in it.

I'll try and post a pic

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just found this (I've been busy).

Welcome to the club Antony! Here is a shot of mine. I also paid about $300 USD for it. It was a steal. It came with UMK3 as well, and since I bought it I've added MK2 and KI1 into it. I have two MK1 JAMMAs I haven't installed yet, one is on loan still. I will install it once I get it back and get my hands on a good condition MK4 board. I passed up a few good options earlier this year, sadly, but it was to help out those working on emulating it.

In order to clear Smoke I believe you do have to do a full reset, I too didn't want to do that because of the history of the bookmarked audits.

As far as the name in the credits, for that same reason is why I want to get The Grid arcade cabinets because my name is in the credits of that.

Attachments

• Photo 8.jpg
    Photo 8.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 41
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just found this (I've been busy).

Welcome to the club Antony! Here is a shot of mine. I also paid about $300 USD for it. It was a steal. It came with UMK3 as well, and since I bought it I've added MK2 and KI1 into it. I have two MK1 JAMMAs I haven't installed yet, one is on loan still. I will install it once I get it back and get my hands on a good condition MK4 board. I passed up a few good options earlier this year, sadly, but it was to help out those working on emulating it.

In order to clear Smoke I believe you do have to do a full reset, I too didn't want to do that because of the history of the bookmarked audits.

As far as the name in the credits, for that same reason is why I want to get The Grid arcade cabinets because my name is in the credits of that.

NICE PAT!!!

What are you "NICE"-ing Tim? I thought you knew I had a cabinet, or did you not know I was in the credits of The Grid? I just don't have the room for 2-3 player Grid Machine. Saw a good deal on a set of 3, but I passed on it. My car likes the garage too much. Next house it'll be the first machine I buy.

What are you "NICE"-ing Tim? I thought you knew I had a cabinet, or did you not know I was in the credits of The Grid? I just don't have the room for 2-3 player Grid Machine. Saw a good deal on a set of 3, but I passed on it. My car likes the garage too much. Next house it'll be the first machine I buy.

our cab. Its the first time I ever seen it. Its nice. I think you saw it at UMK.com, maybe not.

I still havent found a Grid machine. Have you heard if it gonna be emulated? is MK4 done yet? I know there is a unfinished version of MK4 Rv3.0 on MAME, but I havent tried it yet.

Anywho, thanks Pat. You is awesome, hehe.

I posted my cabinet here many times, just didn't feel like digging up the old photos so just snapped one with my web cam. It sits behind me to my right all day in my office. Doesn't get as much play as I'd like.

As far as emulation, no dice yet. Still a WIP and very difficult.

Does anyone knows where i could find a UMK3 or a MK4 Arcade cabinet in good condition in Canada?? I live in the province if quebec. If you know where, please leave me a message.
MK Rules forever!!!

I posted my cabinet here many times, just didn't feel like digging up the old photos so just snapped one with my web cam. It sits behind me to my right all day in my office. Doesn't get as much play as I'd like.

As far as emulation, no dice yet. Still a WIP and very difficult.

First time I've seen it, aside from hearing alot about it from you :)

I'm actually getting a 2nd MK cab very soon. Its actually a MK2 cab with WWF Wrestlemania in it. (the Midway WWF game from around the same time a UMK3) I gonna remove the WWF jamma, and I am gonna put in a multi-jamma selector and have 4 different versions of MK2 in it: Rv3.1, Rv4.2, Rv9.0 & The Immortal Challenger hacks;)

Does anyone knows where i could find a UMK3 or a MK4 Arcade cabinet in good condition in Canada?? I live in the province if quebec. If you know where, please leave me a message.
MK Rules forever!!!

It looks like your gonna pay a snot load for shipping no matter where you get it from.

But before you bid on one, Private message me or Pat about it, or post a thread here about it so we can help you make sure you get a quality cab and not get over charged for it.:)

Hi Pat, long time no speak!

I dropped back into the forum as I ended up reading the interview with Ed on MK vs DC.

Now that the bike racing has more or less finished for me, I'm going to spend some time pulling the cabinet apart and doing some restoration on a few things that need cleaning up.

I've now got a brand new clear-plastic overlay that a friend made up for me, which helps make it look really good, and bought a few new buttons to replace some of the mangled ones. I even spent some time tweaknig the monitor settings to get a good picture.

Just the cabinet left to go! I really should post some pics up...

Nice, hey Pat dude did you used to work for Midway? I've only been on here a few months now you were in the Grid?! : ) that's awesome dude.

Nice, hey Pat dude did you used to work for Midway? I've only been on here a few months now you were in the Grid?! : ) that's awesome dude.

No never worked at Midway. I helped test the game quite a bit in it's testing days, so my name was put in the special thanks.