I've just bought MK3...

Ohh that's awesome, tester must be a fun job! That game is fun, a lot of people that like it want it to be an xbox 360 download arcade one day. It had some MK characters too which was fun : )

Here is a picture inside my machine, you can see KI1 in the middle, and UMK3 and MK2 are on the left. The right side will house MK4 and MK1.

web.jpg

Here is a picture inside my machine, you can see KI1 in the middle, and UMK3 and MK2 are on the left. The right side will house MK4 and MK1.

web.jpg

I just purchased MK4 today I'll soon have all the games in one cabinet.

1754_1.JPG

Double nice!!! ;)

I need to get my control panel finished. I'm taking an old MKII panel and adding a run button, but I need to find someone around here who can do it for cheap. I dont have the tools or the know how :(

This is my set up:
this was taken over the summer of 2007, but almost everything is the same, except, I have about 40 ore Blu-Ray movies and I had to put them else where, and my S.E. Halo 3 bust is in their place.
Timssetup2-1.jpg

UMK3 running on my cab, MKII running on the PS3 :-D
Timssetup3.jpg

Last edited:
Tim...PLEASE get rid of that abhorred Ebay Umk3 bezel. If you want, I can e-mail you the bezel move cards that I made up...

nightwolf.jpg

I know man, its UGLY. It came as it. Funny story: There is a dead bug trapped where Motaro is. lol YUCK.

But I dont even want one on it. I dont really need it, to be honest. I mean, if it was a dedicated cab, maybe.

I wish you could come over and help me remove it and fix my control panel! lol

Edit: You know what, I wouldnt mind having those cards just because ;)

static_Destroyer@yahoo.com

I know man, its UGLY. It came as it. Funny story: There is a dead bug trapped where Motaro is. lol YUCK.

But I dont even want one on it. I dont really need it, to be honest. I mean, if it was a dedicated cab, maybe.

I wish you could come over and help me remove it and fix my control panel! lol

Edit: You know what, I wouldnt mind having those cards just because ;)

static_Destroyer@yahoo.com

Do you not know how to remove the monitor glass? I am sending the cards your way..

Do you not know how to remove the monitor glass? I am sending the cards your way..

I am pretty sure i can, i just dont have the time and space now to do it.

I just want to get the MK2 control panel modified to play UMK3. :)

And later down the road, remove that ugly bezel, and add more artwork.

Edit: Just got all those emails. THANK YOU SO MUCH again, Mr YourMameMan/MK3fan/zenomorp:-D

Last edited:
I must say, I became lost reading this conversation half way down this page. Can somebody speak english? i don't understand geek.

Tim. I want the original picture of the first one in post #27. Looks like someone doesn't like showing us how he looks. And btw, is that a TV or Monitor? How big is it?

Hah Jinko I noticed that too. Either that or he has a big bug on his camera lens. ;)

zeno can you email them to me too? patrick AT trmk .org I'm probably going to make a few laminated sheets to hang on the side of my machine though, much easier than trying to fit moves for 5-6 games onto the cabinet bezel, but may use them for inspiration or easier assembly onto a page.

As far as my cabinet, I was messing around trying to fix a problem with my MK2 and I fried my power supply, or almost did but replacing it anyways. It still smells like burnt plastic in the office.

2939000181_947b5a75dc.jpg

Tim it's VERY easy to take out the glass and control panel. Just reach in the coin door, and reach up to the sides and there are two latches. Once the latches are open, the control panel should swing towards you. Then there is only a screw or two to take the glass out.

As far as the Run buttons, you need to drill two 1.187 holes into the control panel. The last page of the Mortal Kombat 3 Kit manual has a layout template you can print to make sure you put the hole in the right place.

But most control panels have a metal "overlay" that'll be harder to drill through, and I'd recommend for that to just get a replacement MK3 one off of eBay. That'll make lining up the RUN button hole a lot easier to make in the wood. Not sure what your cabinet has, as it looks like everything was covered up. Do you know what's behind it?

Last edited:
Tim. I want the original picture of the first one in post #27. Looks like someone doesn't like showing us how he looks. And btw, is that a TV or Monitor? How big is it?

I posted a pic of me in the pics thread ;) And the monitor is 32' :)

Hah Jinko I noticed that too. Either that or he has a big bug on his camera lens. ;)

haha, actually there was 2 pictures of my children, one I cropped out and the other got blacked out ;)

Tim it's VERY easy to take out the glass and control panel. Just reach in the coin door, and reach up to the sides and there are two latches. Once the latches are open, the control panel should swing towards you. Then there is only a screw or two to take the glass out.

As far as the Run buttons, you need to drill two 1.187 holes into the control panel. The last page of the Mortal Kombat 3 Kit manual has a layout template you can print to make sure you put the hole in the right place.

But most control panels have a metal "overlay" that'll be harder to drill through, and I'd recommend for that to just get a replacement MK3 one off of eBay. That'll make lining up the RUN button hole a lot easier to make in the wood. Not sure what your cabinet has, as it looks like everything was covered up. Do you know what's behind it?

Yeah, I figured thats how it worked. I've seen it done many times, I just never did it myself. I dont even have my panel latched in. You can pull it right off, lol

Yeah, I have the layout downloaded and all, but what kind of drill you i need? I dont own many of my own. I know my uncle has lots of them. The MK2 control panel has stickers on it, so it shouldnt be hard. And its just a black cab painted purple for UMK3. eh.

Thanks for your help tho. :-D

Yeah, I figured thats how it worked. I've seen it done many times, I just never did it myself. I dont even have my panel latched in. You can pull it right off, lol

Yeah, I have the layout downloaded and all, but what kind of drill you i need? I dont own many of my own. I know my uncle has lots of them. The MK2 control panel has stickers on it, so it shouldnt be hard. And its just a black cab painted purple for UMK3. eh.

Your cabinet had to be another Midway game at some point, it may still have it's original artwork beneath some layers of paint. The back and inside right side of the Cabinet should have a Midway product info sticker. What does yours say?

Also send me a picture of your current control panel, I'd like to see what you have on there. I wonder if you have the original metal backing or not.

As far as drilling, you'd need a big bit drill. Ask your uncle if he can drill a hole of that size, I had to borrow a bit that size for an old control panel of mine which is now my KI2 panel. I had it converted to a UMK3 panel.