Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Thread: I've just bought MK3...

  1. #21
    Black Dragon Recruit MKF30-mkdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ???????????
    Posts
    652
    Xbox Live
    MKF30
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Ohh that's awesome, tester must be a fun job! That game is fun, a lot of people that like it want it to be an xbox 360 download arcade one day. It had some MK characters too which was fun : )

    "Never Underestimate Your opponent"
    "For those that already hate MK vs. DC, you're hopeless"

  2. #22
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Nice machine. I have all four MK arcades.....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr_sw...eature=related

    The UMK3 cab is Mame that I built from scratch...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It60XG2yt0w

  3. #23
    Black Dragon Recruit MKF30-mkdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ???????????
    Posts
    652
    Xbox Live
    MKF30
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Nice vids man, very nice. I wish I had money to kill lol I'd so buy the older MK cabinets

    "Never Underestimate Your opponent"
    "For those that already hate MK vs. DC, you're hopeless"

  4. #24
    TRMK Admin, Co-founder Patrick McCarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,950
    Twitter
    @mccarron
    Xbox Live
    McCarron
    PSN
    McCarronX
    Steam
    mccarron
    Thanked: 284
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Here is a picture inside my machine, you can see KI1 in the middle, and UMK3 and MK2 are on the left. The right side will house MK4 and MK1.

    Patrick McCarron
    The Realm of Mortal Kombat Co-founder

  5. #25
    TRMK Admin, Co-founder Patrick McCarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,950
    Twitter
    @mccarron
    Xbox Live
    McCarron
    PSN
    McCarronX
    Steam
    mccarron
    Thanked: 284
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    I just purchased MK4 today I'll soon have all the games in one cabinet.

    Patrick McCarron
    The Realm of Mortal Kombat Co-founder

  6. #26
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarron View Post
    Here is a picture inside my machine, you can see KI1 in the middle, and UMK3 and MK2 are on the left. The right side will house MK4 and MK1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarron View Post
    I just purchased MK4 today I'll soon have all the games in one cabinet.

    Double nice!!!

    I need to get my control panel finished. I'm taking an old MKII panel and adding a run button, but I need to find someone around here who can do it for cheap. I dont have the tools or the know how

  7. #27
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    This is my set up:
    this was taken over the summer of 2007, but almost everything is the same, except, I have about 40 ore Blu-Ray movies and I had to put them else where, and my S.E. Halo 3 bust is in their place.


    UMK3 running on my cab, MKII running on the PS3
    Last edited by Tim Static; 10-14-2008 at 09:43 AM.

  8. #28
    TRMK Admin, Co-founder Patrick McCarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,950
    Twitter
    @mccarron
    Xbox Live
    McCarron
    PSN
    McCarronX
    Steam
    mccarron
    Thanked: 284
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    My office is too messy to take pictures, but I can touch the MK2 cabinet from here.
    Patrick McCarron
    The Realm of Mortal Kombat Co-founder

  9. #29
    TRMK Admin, Co-founder Patrick McCarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,950
    Twitter
    @mccarron
    Xbox Live
    McCarron
    PSN
    McCarronX
    Steam
    mccarron
    Thanked: 284
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Patrick McCarron
    The Realm of Mortal Kombat Co-founder

  10. #30
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Sweet! Very nice.

  11. #31
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Static View Post
    Sweet! Very nice.
    Tim...PLEASE get rid of that abhorred Ebay Umk3 bezel. If you want, I can e-mail you the bezel move cards that I made up...


  12. #32
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Quote Originally Posted by zenomorp View Post
    Tim...PLEASE get rid of that abhorred Ebay Umk3 bezel. If you want, I can e-mail you the bezel move cards that I made up...

    I know man, its UGLY. It came as it. Funny story: There is a dead bug trapped where Motaro is. lol YUCK.

    But I dont even want one on it. I dont really need it, to be honest. I mean, if it was a dedicated cab, maybe.

    I wish you could come over and help me remove it and fix my control panel! lol

    Edit: You know what, I wouldnt mind having those cards just because

    static_Destroyer@yahoo.com

  13. #33
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Static View Post
    I know man, its UGLY. It came as it. Funny story: There is a dead bug trapped where Motaro is. lol YUCK.

    But I dont even want one on it. I dont really need it, to be honest. I mean, if it was a dedicated cab, maybe.

    I wish you could come over and help me remove it and fix my control panel! lol

    Edit: You know what, I wouldnt mind having those cards just because

    static_Destroyer@yahoo.com
    Do you not know how to remove the monitor glass? I am sending the cards your way..

  14. #34
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Quote Originally Posted by zenomorp View Post
    Do you not know how to remove the monitor glass? I am sending the cards your way..
    I am pretty sure i can, i just dont have the time and space now to do it.

    I just want to get the MK2 control panel modified to play UMK3.

    And later down the road, remove that ugly bezel, and add more artwork.

    Edit: Just got all those emails. THANK YOU SO MUCH again, Mr YourMameMan/MK3fan/zenomorp
    Last edited by Tim Static; 10-13-2008 at 10:57 PM.

  15. #35
    Shokan General Glamador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Candyland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Xbox Live
    X Glamador X
    PSN
    Glamador
    Steam
    Glamador
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    I must say, I became lost reading this conversation half way down this page. Can somebody speak english? i don't understand geek.

  16. #36
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamador View Post
    I must say, I became lost reading this conversation half way down this page. Can somebody speak english? i don't understand geek.
    I speak Nerd. I think the dialects are the quite similar. Anything you need me to try and translate?

  17. #37
    'Strayan Moderator Jinko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sydney, 'Straya
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,113
    Twitter
    @JinkoMK
    PSN
    VinnyPoo
    Steam
    JinkoMK
    Thanked: 75
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Tim. I want the original picture of the first one in post #27. Looks like someone doesn't like showing us how he looks. And btw, is that a TV or Monitor? How big is it?


  18. #38
    TRMK Admin, Co-founder Patrick McCarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,950
    Twitter
    @mccarron
    Xbox Live
    McCarron
    PSN
    McCarronX
    Steam
    mccarron
    Thanked: 284
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Hah Jinko I noticed that too. Either that or he has a big bug on his camera lens.

    zeno can you email them to me too? patrick AT trmk .org I'm probably going to make a few laminated sheets to hang on the side of my machine though, much easier than trying to fit moves for 5-6 games onto the cabinet bezel, but may use them for inspiration or easier assembly onto a page.

    As far as my cabinet, I was messing around trying to fix a problem with my MK2 and I fried my power supply, or almost did but replacing it anyways. It still smells like burnt plastic in the office.



    Tim it's VERY easy to take out the glass and control panel. Just reach in the coin door, and reach up to the sides and there are two latches. Once the latches are open, the control panel should swing towards you. Then there is only a screw or two to take the glass out.

    As far as the Run buttons, you need to drill two 1.187 holes into the control panel. The last page of the Mortal Kombat 3 Kit manual has a layout template you can print to make sure you put the hole in the right place.

    But most control panels have a metal "overlay" that'll be harder to drill through, and I'd recommend for that to just get a replacement MK3 one off of eBay. That'll make lining up the RUN button hole a lot easier to make in the wood. Not sure what your cabinet has, as it looks like everything was covered up. Do you know what's behind it?
    Last edited by Patrick McCarron; 10-14-2008 at 07:35 AM.
    Patrick McCarron
    The Realm of Mortal Kombat Co-founder

  19. #39
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    Tim. I want the original picture of the first one in post #27. Looks like someone doesn't like showing us how he looks. And btw, is that a TV or Monitor? How big is it?
    I posted a pic of me in the pics thread And the monitor is 32'

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarron View Post
    Hah Jinko I noticed that too. Either that or he has a big bug on his camera lens.
    haha, actually there was 2 pictures of my children, one I cropped out and the other got blacked out

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarron View Post
    Tim it's VERY easy to take out the glass and control panel. Just reach in the coin door, and reach up to the sides and there are two latches. Once the latches are open, the control panel should swing towards you. Then there is only a screw or two to take the glass out.

    As far as the Run buttons, you need to drill two 1.187 holes into the control panel. The last page of the Mortal Kombat 3 Kit manual has a layout template you can print to make sure you put the hole in the right place.

    But most control panels have a metal "overlay" that'll be harder to drill through, and I'd recommend for that to just get a replacement MK3 one off of eBay. That'll make lining up the RUN button hole a lot easier to make in the wood. Not sure what your cabinet has, as it looks like everything was covered up. Do you know what's behind it?
    Yeah, I figured thats how it worked. I've seen it done many times, I just never did it myself. I dont even have my panel latched in. You can pull it right off, lol

    Yeah, I have the layout downloaded and all, but what kind of drill you i need? I dont own many of my own. I know my uncle has lots of them. The MK2 control panel has stickers on it, so it shouldnt be hard. And its just a black cab painted purple for UMK3. eh.

    Thanks for your help tho.

  20. #40
    TRMK Admin, Co-founder Patrick McCarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,950
    Twitter
    @mccarron
    Xbox Live
    McCarron
    PSN
    McCarronX
    Steam
    mccarron
    Thanked: 284
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: I've just bought MK3...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Static View Post
    Yeah, I figured thats how it worked. I've seen it done many times, I just never did it myself. I dont even have my panel latched in. You can pull it right off, lol

    Yeah, I have the layout downloaded and all, but what kind of drill you i need? I dont own many of my own. I know my uncle has lots of them. The MK2 control panel has stickers on it, so it shouldnt be hard. And its just a black cab painted purple for UMK3. eh.
    Your cabinet had to be another Midway game at some point, it may still have it's original artwork beneath some layers of paint. The back and inside right side of the Cabinet should have a Midway product info sticker. What does yours say?

    Also send me a picture of your current control panel, I'd like to see what you have on there. I wonder if you have the original metal backing or not.

    As far as drilling, you'd need a big bit drill. Ask your uncle if he can drill a hole of that size, I had to borrow a bit that size for an old control panel of mine which is now my KI2 panel. I had it converted to a UMK3 panel.
    Patrick McCarron
    The Realm of Mortal Kombat Co-founder

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •