4. Shinnok
5. Shang Tsung
6. Blaze

1. Moloch
2. Motaro
3. Goro
4. Kintaro
5. Noob-Smoke

I'm glad they made Shao Khan a bit cheap in this, for a final boss from MK2 onwards he was so easy to beat!

Goro and Kintaro are both awesome, however Goro was so easy to defeat in MKI. Kintaro on the other hand was much harder to beat in MK2. If he cornered you, you were in deep trouble.

Shang Tsung is amazing, has an amazing backstory and great character/personality.

Bosses

1. Shao Kahn - best Boss ever.
2. Shinnok - I started liking him in MK:M. IMO he's being under-exploited
3. Shang Tsung (MK 1 form).

Sub-Bosses

1. Kintaro (MK II form) - he's way better than Goro in every way
2. Motaro - A bit of originality in a world of Shokan.
3. Goro - I have to put him somewhere.

Bosses

1. Shao Kahn: As tough as nails, cool moves.
2. Shang Tsung: Funny thing is I like Quan Chi more than Shang as a character, but not as a boss. Shang rocked on MK.
3. Quan Chi: One of my MK series favourites.
Stuff the rest of them, they suck. I think Shinnok could be cool though, just needs some gel and other asthetic improvements to get him over as a big time heel.

Sub-Bosses:
1. Kintaro: MK2 version only. Damn cool, all due to the sheer style of his presentation. Why then was he a piss ant chimpanzee in MKA?
2. Goro: The King of the Shokan, actually my preferred monster, but not as sub-boss. I like being Goro instead.
3. Moloch: Yeah, I said I hate Onaga and Blaze, and that's because they have nothing on how cool or dangerous this guy is.
4. Motaro: Bastard, love that.
5. Noob-Smoke: Just didn't work for me as a Sub-boss.

Actually I believe Goro is a prince, not a king.

1. Shao Kahn - It's Shao Kahn, no reason needed!
2. Shang Tsung - Because he was the original boss
3. Onaga - I know alot of you guys hated him but I rather like Onaga. I was glad to see another "big boss", I like his design plus he was a pain to beat (like all MK bosses should be) in MKD.

Sub-Bosses

1. Kintaro - I give Kintaro only a slight edge over Goro as favorite sub-boss I like his design better than Goro's (them tiger stripes are da sex) and Kintaro was much harder to beat so when I did finally beat him, it was VERY satisfying.
2. Goro - When I first laid eyes on Goro at my local Round Tables Pizza many moons ago when I was a wee lil' lad, it was probably the coolest thing I had ever seen. Seeing a massive four-armed guy pulverize some blue ninja is what started it all for me.
3. Motaro - Only cause it was nice to see something different than a Shokan as a sub-boss for once.

Bosses:
1-Onaga (really tough like a boss should be)
2-Shao Khan
3-Blaze
4-Shinnok (for me he looks like a weird demented clown)
5-Shang Tsung
6-Quan Chi (boss in Deadly Alliance)
7-Water, Earth and Fire God.

1. Shao Kahn (Mk2-Trilogy)
2. Goro (MK1/MK4)
3. Shang Tsung (MK1)
4. Kintaro (MK2)
5. Motaro (MK3)
6. Scorpion (MK:M SZ)
7. Quan Chi (MK DA/ MKM:SZ)
8. Onaga (MKD)
9. Shinnok (MK4)
10. Blaze (MKA)

1.Shao Kahn (because...! He's really fun to fight against for some reason.)
2. Onaga (I actually liked to fight that thing and I think he look cool)
3. Shang Stung ( I like this char, always did)
4. Blaze (He was ok... Not big fan of the story line but he putted on a decent fight)
5. Quan Chi ( I really hate Quan chi but I think he's still a great character, he just happen to be... the type I hate.)
6. Shinnok (I send all my love to Shinnok even tought he was a lame boss, I just love the character.)

1) Shang Tsung - i think this guy represent what bossin any fighting game must be - old evil master with mystical powers and some brain who is hard to beat not because he have some invisible armor around him or 90% level defence and strike power*3, but because, well he is just fight better.
2) Quan Chi - after MK3 made Shang Tsung horrible and weak, Quan Chi stepped in for me to took Shang's place. This guy must had to be the boss in MK4.
3) Shinnok - while he pretty much sucked in MK4, he was cool in MKM, got some interesting moves in MKA, always had some charm around him and with current direction, i hope, he will be great boss.
4) Blaze - the ultimate prize, the ultimate boss storywise and my favorite from all huge bosses guys. I don't know about you, my dear reader, but for my fire elemental was cooler than some barbarian or The Ogre recolor.
5) Shao Kahn - i guess after all i just tired of him, plus he never delivered, nobody else had so many chances and nobody else failed so many times. But somehow he won the Armageddon (or was it just because Boon needed some bad guy win because of story and Taven still the true winner?)
6) Onaga - The Ogre recolor, wasted Reptile's body, forced me to collect some gems during the fight in fighting game and i didn't like it much.

Sub bosses:
1) Goro and Kintaro - it is a tie between two four armed guys, Kintaro was a kicking ass machine in MK2, Goro was awesome to play as in MK4 and was the very first sub boss. All other sub bosses not even on their level.
X) Moloch - i don't know why, but i like him more than Motaro. Maybe it because i liked his ball or maybe because he had only 2 legs and didn't reflect every projectile.
Y) Motaro - so for MK3 they replaced ninjas with cyborgs and four armed sub bosses with 4 legged sub boss. Ok. I didn't like the fact that this guy was half screen size, couldn't put a decent fight, reflected everything and was a mutated horse. I didn't think he can be any worse and then MKA came out...
Z) Noob-Smoke - as regular character it was an interesting concept, but as sub boss it looked like a sorry excuse for Deadly Alliance like it should be in the first place. These two guys also not worsy of being sub bosses and didn't had any connection with Onaga. So why they took the sub boss position is beyond me.

1; Onaga & shao kahn 2 : kintaro 3 ; shang tsung 4 ;motaro 5 : Blaze

quan chi aint a boss,,he's just yet another evil man or woman ;),,mostly annoying;p

Last edited:
Main Bosses:

1. Shinnok- He might have been lame in MK4, but he has the best backstory, and I'm a story fanatic so that means a lot

2. Shang Tsung- I loved that he was one of the main villains in Deadly Alliance. He deserves to have more of a prominent role in the story than he usually gets

3. Onaga- I always loved the fact that he was the first beastly main boss that we've had in MK

4. MK2-MK3 Shao Kahn- Because of Steve Ritchie voicing him. I hated fighting against him though, especially in UMK3

5. Quan Chi- I liked him a lot more in MK4 as a sub boss, but he was cool in Deadly Alliance, too

Sub-Bosses:

1. Goro- Love his character, story, and loved fighting against him in MK1

2. Moloch- Underrated character. Really like his ball and chain

3. MK2 Kintaro- He used to beat my ass on the regular and I loved every moment of it. Still the most intimidating sub-boss in MK, IMO

4. MK4 Quan Chi- Always has been and always will be my favorite incarnation of him

5. Motaro- Annoying to fight against especially in the original MK3 but I still like his character design

Bosses:
1. Shao Kahn
2. Shang Tsung (Because he can be anyone.)
3. Onaga
4. Shinnok

Sub-Bosses:
1. Goro
2. Kintaro
3. Motaro
4. Moloch

Bosses
1. Shang Tsung - The classic. Love the soul steal and transformation abilities.
2. Shao Kahn - Awesome, imposing looking dude who talks shit while kicking your ass. Love it.
3. Quan Chi - Best character introduced since MK3.
4. Shinnok - Meh. But not as bad as Blaze and Onaga.
5. Onaga - Uninspired and cliche.
6. Blaze - Lame.

Sub-Bosses
1. Goro - Awesome. Plain awesome.
2. Motaro - Loved him in MK3 when he was actually part horse. Really tough for me to beat growing up.
3. Noob-Smoke - Awesome pairing. Love both characters and their dangerous tag moves.
4. Kintaro - Goro with tiger stripes? Cool, but unoriginal.
5. Moloch - Decent. Again, meh but not as bad as Blaze and Onaga.